Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
harbin
Mouseketeer

Sorry if been covered before but.. DxDP with 2 year old?

Hello,

Sorry if this has been covered before... tried a search, but couldn't find the answer..

We are using DxDP for 6 nights. The company includes:

Me (mom)
Nana
DS7
DS2.

I know that DS2 is not included on the DxDP, and can eat off our plates. However, he is a little piggie. The boy can EAT. My question is.. can we order him his own meal using our credits? I know that we MAY not use all of our credits although we have some signature reservations, and Hoop De Doo that will use 2 credits each. Are they tracking who we are ordering for? I know the DxDP is not generally recommended but it seemed to work for us as we have character bfast every morning, and TS reservations every evening for dinner. Plan on using CS and snacks for lunch or treats if needed. I know financially we may not come out on top, but liked the flexibility of the plan and knowing all was paid for up front. Just don't know if I should budget for OOP meals for DS2?

Thanks!
harbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
mrsmomo
DIS Veteran

Deciding to pay oop for ur ds is up to you. As far as I know they are your credits and you use them when u want to, meaning of you order a meal for him you should be able to use your credits. That being said if it was me I would test out the sharing before I used up credits. My ds is also a little piggy. We went last November he had just turned two but because he was unfamiliar with his surroundings and the food he didn't eat as much as I expected. We brought snacks he was familiar with to eat throughout the day in the parks that also may have contributed to his not eating as much but it helped keep him quiet and happy!
mrsmomo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbin View Post
Hello,

Sorry if this has been covered before... tried a search, but couldn't find the answer..

Me (mom)
Nana
DS7
DS2.

I know that DS2 is not included on the DxDP, and can eat off our plates. However, he is a little piggie. The boy can EAT. My question is.. can we order him his own meal using our credits? I know that we MAY not use all of our credits although we have some signature reservations, and Hoop De Doo that will use 2 credits each. Are they tracking who we are ordering for?
You will have to pay OOP for his meals or anything you order for him. Your KTTW cards will say 2Adults, 1Child so that would be the maximum number of meals you could order at one time. The DxDDP includes a lot of food for adults so at many restaurants you will probably find 2 apps, 2 entrees and 2 desserts will be enough for you to share with your 2 year old.

Last edited by purple figment; 06-14-2013 at 12:08 AM.
purple figment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:46 AM   #4
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmomo View Post
Deciding to pay oop for ur ds is up to you. As far as I know they are your credits and you use them when u want to, meaning of you order a meal for him you should be able to use your credits.
Afraid not. Disney really cracked down on using credits for people not on the DDP several years ago. A few dining CMs that post on here, even posted that they had been warned that if they allowed diners to order meals for people not on the DDP, that they could be fired. Consequently they are now strict about it. Your KTTW card will say which of the DDPs you have and will also list how many people are on it (example the OP's would say DxDDP 2A 1C). All a waiter will allow you to order is what the KTTW card says (for the OP that would be two adult meals and one kid's meal).

We took our then 3 1/2 y/o GS down there on the DxDDP in Feb 2012. Our KTTW card said DxDDP 2A 1C. Due to skipping some breakfasts when we decided to sleep in, we were going to have several credits left over. The last two days, I very nicely explained that we were leaving in two days, were going to have credits left over, and asked if there was anyway we could use one of our credits for my GS. Every single time we were told no, that they were only allowed to let us order what was listed on the KTTW card, which was the 2A and 1C. Our GS was actually on the DxDP, but they still wouldn't let him use a credit he did not qualify for, even though that credit was going to be wasted.

Last edited by aubriee; 06-15-2013 at 02:58 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #5
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbin
Hello,

Me (mom)
Nana
DS7
DS2.

I know that DS2 is not included on the DxDP, and can eat off our plates. However, he is a little piggie. The boy can EAT. My question is.. can we order him his own meal using our credits? I know that we MAY not use all of our credits although we have some signature reservations, and Hoop De Doo that will use 2 credits each. Are they tracking who we are ordering for? I know the DxDP is not generally recommended but it seemed to work for us as we have character bfast every morning, and TS reservations every evening for dinner. Plan on using CS and snacks for lunch or treats if needed. I know financially we may not come out on top, but liked the flexibility of the plan and knowing all was paid for up front. Just don't know if I should budget for OOP meals for DS2?

Thanks!
You know that he can eat at buffets, fixed price meals and family style for free, right? All the character meals fall into this category! So you only have a few meals to worry about...if 2 apps, 2 entrees, and 2 desserts is not enough at table service to share with 2 women and a 2 year old, you could always use credits to get him a snack or counter service meal later.
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
harbin
Mouseketeer

Yeah it certainly will be ENOUGH food... more than enough really. More concerned with him not wanting to eat what we choose.. for example... I order Sushi for dinner, mom orders Ahi Tuna.. not a chance my 2 year old is eating that! I think though I could order the appetizer and that could be his dinner. Thanks for the replies!
harbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: