Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
cpster
Mouseketeer

Gay Days Crowds, Better Before or After the Weekend?

Hi all,

We're considering making a trip that includes Gay Days. We're thinking of 7 nights total so I am wondering if it will be less crowded before or after 10/4-6.

Also, which has more toddler freindly water features...the DLH or PP?

Thanks for your input!
cpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:19 AM   #2
KateDrake
DIS Veteran

I've only been the week after Gay Days, but the crowds were very manageable during that time. We went last year from Monday-Saturday following the event, and it was still kind of crowded over in DCA because Cars Land was still relatively new. It was much more crowded than we had been used to in the past, but I think that's to be expected. And even then, the waits were not too bad at all. It sounds like that's still the case, but DLR was very slow, which was awesome!

The only time we ran into any crowd issues were the Halloween party nights, when DLR was closed to the general public. DCA was absolutely insane that night, so if there is a party, it might be a good night to plan a WOC dining package or something non-ride oriented, unless you've got FPs that you can use later in the evening.

One thing you should look into is the Gay Days tickets! They are so nice and open the convention tickets to the general public, and it sounds like it would probably cover the dates you are there. It ended up saving us about $75 per ticket last year. It's a very kind gesture from the organizers to let everyone in on the savings. I am hoping to actually make it to the event next year as a way of saying thank you!
KateDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #3
Eclectic Goddess
My Ears are a Pair of Devil Horns

We've only stayed a couple days before or after, but generally the Thursday before and the Monday/Tuesday after are all pretty quiet. As the PP said, any day with a Halloween party scheduled will also be busy, particularly in the afternoon.

Be aware as you get closer to the 11th-13th that Columbus Day weekend is usually VERY busy. (CA kids have the day off school.)

Sorry, can't give any advice on the toddler-friendly pool area!

Disneyland Trips
Fall 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 ~ Gay Days Anaheim
Winter 2013 ~ Off Season Magic
Fall 2014 ~ DF's Birthday Extravaganza!
*January 2015 ~ Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend*
*Spring 2015 ~ Star Wars Celebration*

Orlando Trips
Fall 2010 ~ Harry Potter Emersion Therapy / Visit to the ‘World
Spring 2012 ~ Taking the HLP on Holiday!
Spring 2014 ~ Princess Half Marathon Weekend / Wizarding World
Eclectic Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:46 AM   #4
cpster
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies!
cpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:25 AM   #5
Plaid Princess
Recovering CM, Pilot in Training

Gay Days aren't drastically more crowded than a regular weekend in CA. Just expect to see more people wearing red shirts than normal.

Plaid Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:21 AM   #6
Priory
DIS Veteran

Much like DCA being more crowded during they gay day/Halloween Party crossover, the party itself is substantially more crowded in my experience. If you're doing the party maybe go for the weeknight one if you're there. Also gay days offers AMAZING rates on the property hotels. Take advantage of that if you're interested. Unfortunately I can't go that week this year. It's the only way I can afford to stay on site.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #7
Mama Who
DIS Veteran

We inadvertently started our honeymoon on the Sunday of Gay Days. It was not terribly crowded and we were unaware for the first half of the day that there was even an event going on. The following week was nice, crowds were low.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: