Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
OldBittyGrandma
Earning My Ears

Cheapest way to do Disney World.

It would be me and my two grandsons. It's a dream for all of us to go but my I really would need the cheapest way. Cheapest but with quality way if that makes sense. How long to go for? A disney hotel with dining plan or not? Are there any amazing deals going at the moment? Recommended websites/travel agents to book with?
Thanks.

Last edited by OldBittyGrandma; 06-06-2013 at 12:55 PM.
OldBittyGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
missnic07
Mouseketeer

If you book on the UK site before the 1st of July you can get free dining and a $200 gift card.x
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #3
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Its not really possible to just say this is the cheapest or that is the cheapest.
You can get last minute flights for under £300pp & good offsite hotels from around £25/nt but go in school hols and stay onsite and you can pay over £1,000pp for flight and £1,000/nt for a room. There are far too many variables with a trip to Florida.
Best start is decide on dates and where you would like to stay. We have done the free dining for the last 4 years but this year back offsite again, the days of free dining are over IMO, they just add the food cost onto the hotel and then say its free.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #4
duffdo
Mouseketeer

The beauty is, Florida is as expensive as you want it to be. If you want mega cheap, get a charter flight and stay in Econolodge in the low season.

There aren't really any amazing deals out there, there is just far too much to choose from. Personally I have found when booking direct with WDTC, the earlier you book the better. For instance I booked my October 2013 trip in May 2012. Today the same package is £3000 more! (40% increase.)

Your best bet is decide how much you want to spend and when you want to go. Start with the obvious companies (WDTC, VIrgin Holidays, Travel City Direct) to give you an idea of what is available and then shop around!
duffdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #5
queendisney
DIS Veteran

what sort of budget are you looking at? Do you have a max figure in mind?

It's all subjective really, because whats cheap to some is still way too expensive to others.

Personally I don't think its ever cheap to do Disney, what looks like a good base price turns out way more once you have added on tickets for everybody and then food/drinks (unless you have free dining offer on site) and gifts.
when people say its expensive as you want it to be, its still expensive.

I would say don't use a travel agent they are next to useless and people on here know way more then they do.

But the folks on here can certainly help you to find a good deal

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.

Last edited by queendisney; 06-06-2013 at 04:58 PM.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

I agree it's never 'cheap' to do Disney. You can very easily make it increasingly expensive but never what I would call cheap.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #7
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

I think a really good way of going and experiencing the magic but keeping the cost down is as follows..

Book a flydrive with Travel City Direct ( all the benefits of virgin but cheaper ) depending on where you live and where you fly from of course.

Book accommodation by renting DVC points from somebody on these boards or via a good agent like David's. you can get Animal kingdom villa for example for the cost of All Stars but you get a kitchenette.

Buy cereal when you get there from Walmart etc. have breakfast in your room.

Eat outside Disney like Olive Garden or Outback and sometimes get a take out from same places eating it back in your studio room it's cheaper than eating in but same lovely food. Applebees do 'curbside to go' :-)

If you do drive you save lots of money by being able to eat away from Disney, buy drinks etc. plus the eating places are good! There is an Olive Garden, Applebees, Red Lobster all near Animal Kingdom just a short drive away.

Eat a few nights in Disney for the experience!

Hth this is what we do. But we own DVC but if we go twice we rent as well. Saratoga Springs is our other fav. You can walk to downtown disney.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: