Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
joedplumber
Love Vacationing!

Has anyone done this?

2014 is the year of WDW for us. 8 nights in WDW.

We are the type of family that hits the park sunrise to sunset and never look back. lol

So I was thinking that while we are going full stride (6 days) why not stay at a value since we only need a room to crash in.

Then I figure the last 2 days we can relax before the long ride home at a Deluxe resort. Figure if I am paying for the amenities at least I will be there to enjoy them.

Thoughts?

When I'm not working I'm planning my next WDW trip!

Last edited by joedplumber; 06-06-2013 at 09:51 AM.
joedplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

Makes perfect sense to me. Enjoy!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great plan to me as well, although I might suggest a Moderate if you aren't planning on going to the Park for those last two days. The only really "deluxe" thing about "deluxes" is their proximity to the parks, and thus the ease of getting to them.

I think many of the Mods are as nice or nicer then many of the Deluxes, especially if you are just planning on relaxing by the pool, having some drinks, or walking the resort.

Either way, great plan, we are thinking of doing something similar for our next trip to the world: One week in a value, since the first week we really hit the parks hard, second week in a Mod, since we like to go to the parks for a couple hours, then back to relax in the resort.
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #4
joedplumber
Love Vacationing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
Sounds like a great plan to me as well, although I might suggest a Moderate if you aren't planning on going to the Park for those last two days. The only really "deluxe" thing about "deluxes" is their proximity to the parks, and thus the ease of getting to them.

I think many of the Mods are as nice or nicer then many of the Deluxes, especially if you are just planning on relaxing by the pool, having some drinks, or walking the resort.

Either way, great plan, we are thinking of doing something similar for our next trip to the world: One week in a value, since the first week we really hit the parks hard, second week in a Mod, since we like to go to the parks for a couple hours, then back to relax in the resort.
joedplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #5
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

We are value conscious too, as we pay for my husband and my room and also for my stepson, wife and their daughter's room and their 5 day tickets...and we drive them to WDW. What we are doing this time is driving as far as Daytona the night before and staying in a motor hotel, then driving into Orlando next morning and enjoying the resort facilities that day (no park) and doing Downtown Disney on the boat from our resort.

We decided by cutting costs by staying the first night in Daytona, combined with a discount I got for the Disney rooms we could justify moderate and are staying at POFQ. We also do rope drop every day and alot of park time, but the moderates are so nice and since we are traveling in summer I anticipate spending more time at the resort and pool!!

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #6
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I think split stays are a great way to save some money and be able to upgrade once in a while.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: