Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 11:37 PM   #1
Cdaub
Mouseketeer

Alaska Toy Story Menu ?

It doesn't look that appealing to me. Can anyone that has had it tell me their thoughts, what they ordered, liked, etc? Thanks!!
Cdaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #2
modisneychick
Mouseketeer

We just returned, and unfortunately, I have to say I really didn't like it. My family enjoyed The Prospector appetizer. I say book Palo for this night as there is really nothing special going on at dinner.
Recent Trips: October 2014 - Old Key West, Villas at the Grand Floridian, and MNSSHP; July 2014 Disneyland Paris & Disney Magic 12-Night Med; April 2014 - Disney's Vero Beach Resort; October 2013 - Saratoga Springs & Disney Fantasy; July 2013 - Vero Beach; May 2013 - Disney Wonder Alaska; March 2013 - Old Key West & Vero Beach Teen Trip; January 2013 (Dh & DD only) Disney Wonder; Nov/Dec 2012 Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream; May/June 2012 - Beach Club Villas, Disney Fantasy, & Vero Beach; December 2011 - Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream; May/June 2011 - Vero Beach, Disney Dream, & Beach Club Villas; and February 2011 - Saratoga Springs Teen Trip
Upcoming Trips: June 2015 - Disney Magic 11 night Norway/Iceland
Twitter: modisneychick
Disney Travels on Facebook: Living the Disney Dream
modisneychick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2013, 03:10 AM   #3
smoof
I've earned my ears!!!

I really missed Pirate Night, and the Toy Story menu didn't really help. I can't say it was bad, but it just wasn't as fun as Pirate Night. It wasn't really special. The menu was 3D and you got 3D glasses with it!

smoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #4
Magic3forme
Grand Slam club members

I wasnt a fan of the whole evening... the food was just okay, didnt like the show, and the Pixar party was pretty lame... then no food or buffet afterwards..... DCL needs to put more into this night.

I agree... do Palo that night!!!

Last edited by Magic3forme; 06-06-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Magic3forme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #5
Chiasgirl
Mouseketeer

We thought the food was fine but it didn't really feel like a special night. The serving team wore black tuxedo jackets with bow ties that looked like they were made of bandanas. It almost seemed like DCL didn't want to commit to costumes until they decided if it was worth keeping...
We also felt that the Pixar Party was at a ridiculous time. It was at 1015 Alaskan time which is 215 in the morning if you are from the East coast or even 1115 if you are from the West coast. It seemed very late for the kids...
Chiasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
emilyann415
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiasgirl View Post
We thought the food was fine but it didn't really feel like a special night. The serving team wore black tuxedo jackets with bow ties that looked like they were made of bandanas. It almost seemed like DCL didn't want to commit to costumes until they decided if it was worth keeping...
We also felt that the Pixar Party was at a ridiculous time. It was at 1015 Alaskan time which is 215 in the morning if you are from the East coast or even 1115 if you are from the West coast. It seemed very late for the kids...

I TOTALLY agree with this. My DS is 2.5 and LOVES Woody and Buzz, but staying up past 10pm for this is probably going to be impossible and we'll pay for it the next day. Really wish is was even an hour earlier!
emilyann415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #7
jrosstrinity
Earning My Ears

I'm on the July 29th Alaskan cruise. Where can I find the Toy Story menu....or ANY of the menus for this year's Alaska cruises?
jrosstrinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #8
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosstrinity View Post
I'm on the July 29th Alaskan cruise. Where can I find the Toy Story menu....or ANY of the menus for this year's Alaska cruises?
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #9
jrosstrinity
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the link....much appreciated!
jrosstrinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #10
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosstrinity View Post
Thanks for the link....much appreciated!
Scott has them on his blog (including the Toy Story Menu) with the exception of the Taste of Alaska menu; maybe someone has pics of that one. The rotational menus are the same no matter the ship destination.

Here's the Alaska rotation:

Night 1: Rotational
Night 2: Golden Mickeys
Night 3: Rotational
Night 4: Rotational
Night 5: Toy Story
Night 6: Taste of Alaska
Night 7: 'Til We Meet Again

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #11
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyann415 View Post
I TOTALLY agree with this. My DS is 2.5 and LOVES Woody and Buzz, but staying up past 10pm for this is probably going to be impossible and we'll pay for it the next day. Really wish is was even an hour earlier!
I agree- there is no way my kids can make it this long- they normally go to bed at 7:00 sharp but I am going to have to let that go on the cruise. But- after 10:00- I can't even imagine what would happen the next day! They have never once been up past 8 and only past 7:30 a handful of times!

AZMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:46 AM   #12
clten
DIS Veteran

We did the pacific coast cruise and they started the Pixar Pals Party on that cruise. On that cruise the atrium party (which I thought was a mess trying to cram everyone in that small area) was held at 7:30 - in between the show and dinner for everyone. Then on the first Alaskan cruise they moved it to late - after the late dinner/show. Didn't understand why they moved it.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #13
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Just for perspective, playing devil's advocate here....the Pirate Night fireworks on both our previous cruises happened at about 9:45 PM, with the party to follow.... so 10:15 is not much later.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #14
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie Mouse View Post
Just for perspective, playing devil's advocate here....the Pirate Night fireworks on both our previous cruises happened at about 9:45 PM, with the party to follow.... so 10:15 is not much later.
True, but it needs to be dark to see the fireworks. The Pixar Pals Party is inside, so that doesn't matter. Maybe they're waiting til later so more kids will be in bed and the atrium will be less crowded.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #15
Ellester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie Mouse View Post
We could do 9:45 Eastern time. I think 10:15 Alaska time will be too late for my kiddos. It's 4 hours later than our home time, making it feel like 2:15am. Even giving us a few days to adjust to the time change, I think it will be just too extreme. But, it is vacation, so we'll see if they are up to it!
Ellester is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: