Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
jodirn2
Earning My Ears

Beach Club Club Level

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has recently used Beach Club CL lately? Curious about what type of hot appetizers are served? Anything for kids? Are they really as generous with fulfilling requests for bottled water/ beer or wine during the day to go? We have the opportunity to do CL for a great rate but want to make sure that its worth the extra cost. I've look at CL posts but as far as types of food and satisfaction of guests I'm not finding much that is recent. The most recent was from 2011-2012. Any information or personal experience would be great. I would appreciate any info! Thanks in advance!!😃
jodirn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

There's a lot of chatter all the time about BC club level on the Yacht/Beach dedicated thread. Check that out. I haven't stayed there since January 2012.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #3
Dis703
DIS Veteran

We were just there a couple weeks ago. As for the bottles of water they brought them whenever we asked. Same for beers. They also brought ODS chocolate milk from the kitchen in the evening as it was normally only out in the morning.

They only had 2 hot apps any given evening and as most had gluten I didn't eat them. I can ask DH. They did have bacon wrapped scallops but most of the time it looked like those puff pastry appetizers so not sure what was inside. At least once something was seafood maybe crab because my husband tried it and commented as he doesn't care for seafood. Most of the options are cold.

They had assorted cheeses with breads, crackers and dried fruit like figs or apricots. They had the little peanut butter and jelly cups and rolls. They had apple slices with caramel for dipping. Other offerings that changed were a tomato/fresh mozzarella salad in balsamic dressing, some dish of olives that I wouldn't touch if you paid me just because I don't care for olives. I saw some sort of antipasto one night. Thinly sliced tuna steak in some sort of marinade. There were about 4 dishes of some thing cold mentioned above every night in addition to the rest. DH and my sister ate it as a meal more than once. I might have been able to if I wasn't gluten free but that limited my options.

We had a room that was maybe 2 doors down from the lounge and I think because of this we ended up using it a lot. Even when the twins were napping it was so close I felt comfortable popping in for a snack in the afternoon. I think we definitely got our monies worth with the 6 of us.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: