Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
mcginn08
Earning My Ears

Reviews for value resorts like All sports versus others

Just would like everyone's opinion on the value resorts like All Sports. My in laws have a vacation club so we usually go with them and stay at Old Key West or Saratoga Springs but if we go on our own without their club time, we would have to stay on a value resort. They look similar to Saratoga springs studio but not sure if it is the same experience. Really- being Disney, we are in the room to rest but just wondered. Thanks!
mcginn08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
nowendy
Earning My Ears

just got back from the All Star Sports and everything was fine. At first I was kind of disappointed because of the decor, but the a/c worked just fine, the beds were comfortable, housekeeping was good, big pool and to be honest with you when you are in the parks all day that's all you need to be happy.
nowendy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

Anywhere at the house of the Mouse is great.

It is not the same experience - You can head over to Allears, they have some really great pictures, so you can really compare. Be informed on your choice.
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #4
JessM
We all have a dream

I personally like POP and AOA better than the All Stars. Their layouts are different and POP and AOA are newer. Plus POP and AoA always have dedicated bus service which can be a huge plus. POP and AoA are also right next to each other so you can walk across the lake and have access to two food courts.
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #5
Shea&Van
&Waves

Limited experience, but

I think AS Sports if fine. It's a basic room with two beds and bathroom, small table with two chairs. Our experience was that it was a clean, comforatable, buget place to stay. I don't think I would care for it more than one or two nights, but the cost was very good back then (I think like $70ish) and we got "free" parking at the parks, so I found it a great value.

On the other hand we LOVED the Wilderness Lodge. We had a one-bedroom and it was super nice. Loved the themeing and the staff was brilliant. We had a very comforatable bed and beautiful view from our room. I wouldn't mind staying there for a week (or more) because it had a little kitchen area that was great for keeping food and having breakfast and dinner there before going to the parks. But, the cost was MUCH more.

Agree with PP...check out All Ears for pics and reviews and also Mousesavers does a good breakdown of room types.

Best of luck with your decision!
Disney Trips: June 1987 - WDW Off-site, July 1993 - WDW Off-site, September 2002 - DL Off-site, March 2003 - WDW Off-site, January 2010 - WDW Villas at Wilderness Lodge, September 2011 - WDW All Star Sports and Windsor Hills
Just Wrapped Up: Nov/Dec 2013 - WDW Buena Vista Suites (one night) and Private Villa at the Emerald Island Resort (eight nights)

Shea&Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #6
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

We just got back from Sports and loved it. It's the smallest of the values and first to be picked up/dropped off *IF* you have to share a bus with the other All Stars.

The food court is about to be remodeled. I can't remember the dates it will be closed. There is a main All Star Sports thread with all the details.

Food & Wine & No Kids ~ A 2nd Honeymoon

Zooshoveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #7
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

We had a GREAT trip staying in Sports last summer. I was so happy with our entire experience there. Great service, upgraded from standard to preferred, buses worked out well on each trip to/from parks, food court was never too busy when we used it. We've stayed in ASMu (our previous favorite all star) three times and ASMo twice previously.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

As others have said allears has pictures of each of the resorts. The All Stars are very similar to each other except w/ different theming. I like them all!

Pop has a better food court and a lovely walk around the lake--but it also has 1,000 more rooms. I find the chaos and noise at the food court overwhelming at times and I dislike "having" to walk through the gift shop to get to the food court.

I've stayed at each value multiple times (except AoA where once was enough). ASMusic is my favorite for theming and it seems a bit more quiet than the others.

While I've not seen a studio room at SSR (only 2 bedroom) is suspect a room at a value is going to be much smaller than what you anticipate.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #9
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcginn08 View Post
Just would like everyone's opinion on the value resorts like All Sports. My in laws have a vacation club so we usually go with them and stay at Old Key West or Saratoga Springs but if we go on our own without their club time, we would have to stay on a value resort. They look similar to Saratoga springs studio but not sure if it is the same experience. Really- being Disney, we are in the room to rest but just wondered. Thanks!
The rooms are about the same size but you won't have a coffeemaker or microwave in an AllStar Resort like you have in a DVC studio. There won't be a TS restaurant and the pools do not have slides. And you won't have a balcony. Would that matter to you?

OTOH, you get daily maid service when you you stay on a paid reservation.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: