Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #16
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Hello fellow Disers! Welcome to the latest Mickeystoontown trip report! As the title suggests, our latest trip to Walt Disney World was a fun and eventful one. So eventful that I had to shorten the title down quite a bit or go over the allotted number of characters. I'm excited to share all of the silly tales, details of my detective work, our thoughts on a new resort, how we liked traveling offsite and lots more.

Before going any further, I guess that proper introductions are in order. Take a look at my beeeeeeautiful family (Disclaimer: Do not be fooled by our "normalcy" in the picture I chose. ):

From left to right, we are:

Our son, Hunter, who celebrated his sweet 16 on this trip. Hunter is an honor roll student who will be a Sophomore in high school next year. He's super talented and can play just about any instrument by ear and has been playing the viola in orchestra for the last four school years. If all goes as planned, he'll be first chair viola when school resumes. Hunter is also a prankster and keeps us in stitches 24/7. If there is anybody who you'd think would be an actor and/or stand-up comedian, it's Hunter. He thinks fast on his feet and can come up with one-liners before you can blink an eye.

To Hunter's left, is my mother, Edna. She is 79 years old and this was her fourth trip with us to Disney World. Sadly, she thinks that this was her last trip. As she put it "this old gal just can't keep up with the younguns any more". Mama has been retired for quite some time and lives right next door to us. When I say next door, I'm talking, we share the same driveway and yards. She dotes on the kids like they were kings and queens. Mama is a pretty hip lady and can do all the teenage handshakes thingies and can talk the talk.

Next up in our band of outlaws is our son-in-law, Jesse. Jesse is a true sweetheart and a welcome addition to our family. He fits right in with this crazy bunch which, from my point of view, is a blessing because we are quite the handful to say the least. Jesse is a preacher's kid but, before you start letting your mind "go there", he isn't the typical PK and didn't go all out with the rebellious "stuff". He has a beautiful singing voice and a heart of gold. Jesse manages one of The Knox Area Rescue Ministries Thrift Stores that serve the community by offering affordable merchandise as a Christian Ministry to the general public. The revenue generated through the sale of donated items is used to support the ongoing work of Knox Area Rescue Ministries.

That pretty young woman standing next to Jesse is our daughter, Lacey, also known as Na-Na (Nah-Nah) which was what Hunter called her when he started to talk. Every once in a while, we still call her Na-Na and it makes me smile. Lacey is manager of a little girls' boutique which is funny as can be because the girl absolutely hates bows and frilly things. Always has and, unless something changes, always will. Lacey and Jesse attended Mission Georgia Master's Commission together and fell in love while there. After they married, they relocated to Tennessee and we only get to see them two or three times a year. Breaks my heart that we can't see them more often.

Then, there's me, Lisa, a/k/a Mickeystoontown. I'm a paralegal in a one attorney/one paralegal law firm that specializes in domestic/family law. Let me tell you, after hearing the problems of all of our clients, it sure makes me appreciate what I have at home. I'm a lover of all things Disney and am in constant Disney trip planning mode. As a matter of fact, I'm already planning our 2014 trip despite the fact that we've been home less than a week from our latest trip. My hobbies include working in the garden, sewing backsacks and little girls' dresses (if any of you are interested, let me know ), camping and, basically, anything that includes the outdoors. I am definitely a tomboy. As the trip report progresses, you may notice a little drooping on one side of my face or the fact that, sometimes, one of my eyes is almost closed when I smile. That's because I have Bell's Palsy. It really doesn't have a great effect on my every day life but I do have the droopiness and some associated headaches. Just thought I'd point that out in case you wonder "what's up with her face?".

The man of the family is my husband, John. John and I own a cabinet shop which is operated right on our property but, five years ago, he went back to work full time for a commercial cabinet shop where he used to work. John is also a preacher's kid but, unlike Jesse, he was the typical PK. He had a sport fast car, looked older than his age and was a bit rebellious. Thank goodness I came along and straightened the boy out. Otherwise, there's no telling where he'd have ended up. John is an outdoorsman and enjoys working in the yard and in the garden. Sweating like crazy and working until he is worn completely out is like therapy to him. John suffers from epilepsy and, unfortunately, it does effect our everyday life. But, it is what it is and the good Lord helps us through it so we deal. I mean, what else are we to do?

There you have it. Our crazy, fun, Disney loving family!

I'll be posting the details of the trip in my next installment. I hope that you'll all stick around for the wild ride. I promise that you'll have lots of chuckles along the way.
Yay
Old 06-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #17
Cameo818
Mouseketeer

Yahoo! Looking forward to another fun Mickeystoontown report!

DLR trips - '93, '94, '95 (14 trips), '97 (3 trips), '98 (honeymoon), '10 (PPH), '12 (PPH), '13 (PPH), '14 (PPH)
WDW trips - '92 with parents & sister (Dixie Landings), '96 with extended family (offsite - there were 18 of us!), & 2000 with DH (Port Orleans), '14 half day in Epcot due to Conference (offsite)
Disney Cruise Line - hoping sometime in 2016?
Cameo818 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #18
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

I'm here, I'm here!!!

Can't wait!
Old 06-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #19
mtpelepele
Earning My Ears

Longtime reader/lurker, but joining in!
mtpelepele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #20
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
In for your TR
Glad to have you along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
At PT with Lisa, how shocked to borrow a computer and see this!
Judy! Good to "see" you. Check those emails when you get a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
As soon as I saw you post on FB, figured I best get my butt over here and save a spot since I get on a jet plane tomorrow and head to Disney and then to Dubuque for my baby's wedding.

Great introductions. I promise I'll be back after I get back on the 16th and get settled. Try not to do too many updates while I'm gone.
I'm so excited for you! Leaving for Disney tomorrow and then the wedding! You know me, I'm slow as a snail when it comes to my trip reports. You won't be too far behind, I'm sure.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #21
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylvr4vr View Post
Here! Can't wait! I agree, I'm happy,happy,happy!
Welcome aboard! I'm happy you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Can't wait to hear all about the trip!!
Welcome! Hopefully, I can get another installment written soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonmatt3 View Post
First page!!!! Ive been waiting for weeks for this report. This is gonna be fun.
Yep, first page! I had to get the report started to help fight off the Disney blues.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 06-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #22
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I'm here!
I'm happy that you joined in! Especially since you'll be making an appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
OOH, I want to get in on the first page!
You made it! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I'm here!!!
Hey girl! I saw where your Mom's surgery was postponed. Still praying for her and your sister.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #23
sherylcin
Mouseketeer

Been watching for this! Signing up for all the fun!
2008 - DVC Members! Animal Kingdom Villas/Boardwalk Villas; 2009 - Offsite at Marriott's Grande Vista; 2010 - Grand Californian Villas in Disneyland; 2011 - BLT and Beach Club; 2012 - Ashton's Surprise 13th BD Trip at POP; 2013-OKW and BC in January then Offsite for Thanksgiving at Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2014 - Offsite at Marriott's Cypress Harbour for quick unplanned surprise trip.
sherylcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #24
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
Yay
Happy to see you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameo818 View Post
Yahoo! Looking forward to another fun Mickeystoontown report!
Welcome! I promise that you'll see some silliness going on.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #25
cmaee
DIS Veteran

I was so glad to see you started your trip report! I love reading about all of your families antics and hilarious situations.

Spring 1995 - Magical Mickey Music Days March 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside April 2009 (Easter) - Coronado Springs
August 2010 - Beach Club
December 2010 (Christmas) - Pop Century December 2012 - Pop Century
November 2014 - Pop Century
cmaee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #26
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLiz View Post
I'm here, I'm here!!!

Can't wait!
Welcome aboard my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpelepele View Post
Longtime reader/lurker, but joining in!
Glad to see you here! Hope you'll post more often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylcin View Post
Been watching for this! Signing up for all the fun!
Welcome! There's a lot of fun to come!

Old 06-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #27
Mommy Poppins
Admitted Disneyholic - No Cure Wanted
Dreams of tag fairies and pretty colors
Will be spending my birthday at the WL

I'm here! I'm here! Been anxiously waiting for you to get back and start your trip report--not that I wanted you to cut your trip short or anything but you know what I mean!! (or at least I hope you do! LOL)
Old 06-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #28
MEK
DIS Veteran

Here and on the second page already.

Love the "normalcy" picture!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #29
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I'm in! I hope my guess at the surprise in the title is right! Going back to read the intros now
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #30
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaee View Post
I was so glad to see you started your trip report! I love reading about all of your families antics and hilarious situations.
I'm happy that you're here! There will definitely be some antics going on in this trip report.

Tags
caribbean beach resort, french quarter, sea world

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: