Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #1
twhitaker
Mouseketeer

Tips on making Ohana dinner After Fantasmic!

We are planning on watching Fantasmic AT 6:30 and then having dinner AT 8:15pm AT Ohana. Is this possible to do? If so what are the best tips? Should we use Disney transportation or drive ourselves?
twhitaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twhitaker View Post
We are planning on watching Fantasmic AT 6:30 and then having dinner AT 8:15pm AT Ohana. Is this possible to do? If so what are the best tips? Should we use Disney transportation or drive ourselves?
Yes it is possible.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

As I said in your other post, I think it is very tight. Personally we would not try it.
Fantasmic is approximately 25 - 30 minutes so it is now close to 7. The theatre seats thousands of people and you really can not "hurrY' your way out unless you are right at the exit at the end of the show and at the beginning of the long line to leave, or you actually leave before the show ends so you are ahead of the crowd. We were just in a throng of people moving at a slow steady pace when we left.
If you are using Disney transportation it could take several buses before you are able to board the bus for the Poly. Then you have the time to drive there.
I don't know if it would be easier to drive yourself but you would still be dealing with the crowds on the tram to get to your car in the parking lot. And there is tons of traffic leaving at closing time.
Then you have to find parking at the Poly when you arrive there.
Good Luck

Last edited by Hopefully; 06-05-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Hopefully is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

It'll be very tight. Drive if you have a car. The problem you'll have with that is that there will be a lot of persons trying to leave the park at the same time as you.

If you choose to take the bus, I'd recommend taking the bus to TTC rather than the Polynesian. At least that bus will go directly to TTC and you could then walk to the Polynesian or even take the monorail if you have time to wait for the monorail - I'd just walk it. The Poly bus will likely stop at the Contemporary first.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
julie4423
Mouseketeer

The insanity of leaving Fantasmic is by far the worst crowd of the trip every time. I would think your only hope would be to drive because there will be so many people leaving at that time.
julie4423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
Wendydagny
Mouseketeer

Last trip we did a 7:50 at Citricos after 6:30 Fantasmic with a kiddo on a ventilator and in a wheelchair, so loading/unloading time was pretty prolonged. Still made it in plenty of time driving our own vehicle. So yes.
Wendydagny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: