Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #16
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

I usually "TWEAK" here and there--- just booked our Thanksgiving trip
11/28-12/7, and had booked "Le Cellier" one day----

As soon as I mentioned seeing Remy to our DD7, I had to change to "Chefs De France" !!!

(However, I did switch the "Le Cellier" to Sunday, when Remy "doesnt work")
Old 06-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #17
jlsmith376
Mouseketeer

I constantly change ADR's too! I'm always looking for something better - better reviewed restaurant or better time - and sometimes our schedule changes. You are definitely not alone! And I agree, it does extend the planning which is half the fun for me
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #18
scard192
DIS Veteran

I don't think I will. I got every ADR except BOG at the perfect times. I am still looking for BOG but not sure I want to skip the ADR I have for that particular day.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #19
jaiminee krikit
Mouseketeer

OMG, I am terrible about changing ADR's!!! I am constantly wanting to make my next Disney vacation the best ever, so I'm always looking at different websites and reviews of restaurants. One day one place sounds really good, the next day something different. My terrible sadness right now is that Kona changed their dinner menu and none of the food is appealing to me right now. Dessert, that's another story!!!
Old 06-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #20
kajs22
Mother extraordinaire, friends call me wonder woman, grew up in South Florida and trying to get back.

I do - am always changing my mind. When you had to call your ADRs in I would make plans and stick with them, but, now it is so easy to change. So many great places - sometimes it's tough to get everything at the ideal times or if I change my mind and decide on a different plan for the day I added a breakfast at CP last night - not because of the character breakfast but to be in MK when it is quiet and deserted.
kajs22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #21
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

The thing is, who can really be certain exactly where they'll want to eat in six month? Not only where, but at what time?
It's hard. When I start, I just make sure I get down, basically, our favorites and guess the rest, knowing it will be fine regardless. Sometimes I remind myself that being there is so special that eating the marvelous counter service for our whole stay would never make me not want to be there, and then I relax more about the whole thing.

Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #22
VillianDiva
Falling in LOVE with Disney!

I change mine multiple times. I do keep the ones that are hard to get. I always have trouble deciding on Epcot dinners so those tend to change multiple times!

'08 (Dolphin) , '09 (All-Star Music),
Disneyland 2011, and 2012 (POP)!

December 2013! (POFQ)
May 2014! POP!!
VillianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #23
Howgreat
Mouseketeer

You're not alone! That's why I like making them online. It's easy and I don't feel paranoid that a CM is thinking, "She's changing AGAIN?!"

1995-All-Star Music
2001-All-Star Sports
2008-(offsite)
2011-All-Star Movies
Dec. 2012-All-Star Music
Sept. 2013-All-Star Music
Coming soon: Sept. 2014-All-Star Music

Check out my PTR: "And Your Wish Will Come True...a September 2014 PTR"
Howgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #24
bdklein
DIS Veteran

I just double book or dinner TS ADR's-1 in the park and 1 in our resort area-and then cancel 1 a day or two before (or same day if no CC ressie) once we know our defintive plans.

So no need to rearrange.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #25
Angela Kay
Mouseketeer

Oh yeah! I'm always looking for something better! I book, cancel and then end up rebooking the same restaurant I cancelled!
Old 06-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #26
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzytime View Post
The thing is, who can really be certain exactly where they'll want to eat in six month? Not only where, but at what time?
It's hard.
IMO, impossible.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #27
CuppieCake04
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_taffy05 View Post
I drive my fiance crazy with changing ADRs (he does the online booking because we use his cc). Last year, I probably changed at least one restaurant every week for about 10 weeks!

It's ok, I consider it part of the fun of planning a Disney vacation!
Me to!! the more I plan the more things change.

As soon as I booked the vacation I made reservations. Booked about 65 days out so was worried, but really there is only 2 I cant get, BOG and california grill but that one is closed for remodel.

But I call often checking for BOG, and when i do I always check for earlier times. I started with 7/13 dinners after 7 pm. I am down to only 2 now.

But i do still have 1900 Park fare twice. And as I was looking over my list While I was writing this I noticed we had 5 Epcot Dinner reservations. We DO NOT have hopper passes so i am going to have to change that. Epcot we can "do" in one day. So spending 5 days there will be a problem. hadnt even thought of that.

Since they track cancellations, do you get bad "marks" for making changes and canceling ADR's
CuppieCake04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #28
Mariannekay
Now, think of the happiest things. It's the same as having wings.

I'm a changer too! I thought I had the perfect adr plan...then I got to thinking, maybe we would like to do 'Ohana again this trip....low and behold an ADR pops up at the perfect time for a yummy meal (and Lapu Lapu) before our MNSSHP night! Everything is perfect! Until...I decided wouldn't it be fun to have a pre-park opening breakfast at Tusker house? So I search and snag an 8:20 on our day! Perfect! Except then I think we may be a bit rushed to get thru the meal before 9, so I check again a few days later and find 8:10 which was SO much better (an extra 10 minutes, I know) so I snapped it up! This is what I do....all of the time! There's got to be a 12 step program somewhere out there for me right? LOL!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #29
JVig
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariannekay View Post
I'm a changer too! I thought I had the perfect adr plan...then I got to thinking, maybe we would like to do 'Ohana again this trip....low and behold an ADR pops up at the perfect time for a yummy meal (and Lapu Lapu) before our MNSSHP night! Everything is perfect! Until...I decided wouldn't it be fun to have a pre-park opening breakfast at Tusker house? So I search and snag an 8:20 on our day! Perfect! Except then I think we may be a bit rushed to get thru the meal before 9, so I check again a few days later and find 8:10 which was SO much better (an extra 10 minutes, I know) so I snapped it up! This is what I do....all of the time! There's got to be a 12 step program somewhere out there for me right? LOL!
Haha! If you need a 12 step program, I do too!!!

But more importantly, tell me about this Lapu Lapu of which you speak? Is the the bar near ohana? This is my first trip, I need info
JVig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #30
Princess_taffy05
Mouseketeer

Lapu lapu is amazing! It is a fruity drink with a rum base served inside of a real pineapple! You can get them at the Tambu lounge inside the Pily by Ohana!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: