Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #166
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I have done 5 cruises on the Magic and 6 cruises on the Wonder

Corinna
Corinna, stop cruising so I can catch up!!!
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #167
yroberts
Earning My Ears

they mentioned to my mom the silver member gets 100 room credit.. do they still do that?

why haven't you tried the other cruises? Dream or Fantasy? I personally like the smaller ships.. just curious.. i love that you go on so many cruises.. if I had girls.. I probably would have done more Disney.. with boys.. after age 10.. I was more into Disney then they were.. plus sports.. Football put a huge damper in any kind of vacation.. we had school 9 months out of the year.. then the last week of school.. football started when they were older..and it continued until school started.. so it made vacations hard.. because the kids were penalized for missing practice.. this year.. I just said I don't care.. Jon's going to be 17 years old.. I'm going on vacation.. so he's missing school.. and the championship game if they make it.. they haven't come close in 20 years.. who would have thought this year could be the "year" Oh well.. Jon says he's going on vacation.. so no worries here..

Do you live close to Florida? do you have to fly there or do you drive? our flights are almost as much as the vacation.. flights are crazy expensive.. 10 years ago.. the kids and I flew over there for 600.. now it's over 800 each.. that doesn't include our luggage..

Any tips would be great.. to save us on luggage.. things not to bring and things to bring.. I over pack.. so I've been packing and unpacking the stupid stuff.. I'm going to need all month to try and get it right.. plus keep everything under 50 pounds is going to be the trick for me.. my suit cases weigh 10 pounds each.. I saw some at costco that weigh nothing..do you recommend them? how do they hold up on the airplanes.. my mom and I were looking at them.. just worried our stuff is going to get ruined..

gotta run.. 11/3 for me.. is going to be crazy busy.. let the fun at work begin.. is what I feel like doing to my work computer..
yroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #168
yroberts
Earning My Ears

wow Corina.. 11 cruises.. that is awesome.. I need to get busy to just try and catch up on one boat.. can't wait for grand kids.. I need a little one to be my partner..
Old 11-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #169
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by yroberts View Post
they mentioned to my mom the silver member gets 100 room credit.. do they still do that?
If you booked onboard
why haven't you tried the other cruises? Dream or Fantasy? I personally like the smaller ships.. just curious.. i love that you go on so many cruises.. if I had girls.. I probably would have done more Disney.. with boys.. after age 10.. I was more into Disney then they were.. plus sports.. Football put a huge damper in any kind of vacation.. we had school 9 months out of the year.. then the last week of school.. football started when they were older..and it continued until school started.. so it made vacations hard.. because the kids were penalized for missing practice.. this year.. I just said I don't care.. Jon's going to be 17 years old.. I'm going on vacation.. so he's missing school.. and the championship game if they make it.. they haven't come close in 20 years.. who would have thought this year could be the "year" Oh well.. Jon says he's going on vacation.. so no worries here..
We haven't done the bigger ships just out of pure luck of the draw and I do love the smaller ship feel. I feel that the time they spend with us is priceless and they will be gone soon enough so we always take ours out a week at least!
Do you live close to Florida? do you have to fly there or do you drive? our flights are almost as much as the vacation.. flights are crazy expensive.. 10 years ago.. the kids and I flew over there for 600.. now it's over 800 each.. that doesn't include our luggage..

Any tips would be great.. to save us on luggage.. things not to bring and things to bring.. I over pack.. so I've been packing and unpacking the stupid stuff.. I'm going to need all month to try and get it right.. plus keep everything under 50 pounds is going to be the trick for me.. my suit cases weigh 10 pounds each.. I saw some at costco that weigh nothing..do you recommend them? how do they hold up on the airplanes.. my mom and I were looking at them.. just worried our stuff is going to get ruined..
We live in Ohio, so yep air for us too but we fly Spirit Air or Southwest! They have awesome flights. We got one way down for $120 each and the girls and I are driving home in my parents motorhome with them. But I still haven't gotten return air for my DH, SIL and 2 nieces yet I can get it for $121 but just holding out for a deal Sometimes Spirit offeres $49 or something so holding out!!! One year in 2008 the girls and I flew for $50 total round trip. They ran a we pay u to fly one year...yep that year we went twice...
gotta run.. 11/3 for me.. is going to be crazy busy.. let the fun at work begin.. is what I feel like doing to my work computer..
Old 11-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #170
yroberts
Earning My Ears

wow $49 airfare.. you won't see that again.. it cost $50 just for luggage..

I'm going to have to watch the airfare.. because the mix is what kills you..
Old 11-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #171
yroberts
Earning My Ears

my mom was wondering if you guys know who the captain is of the Magic? do they change?
Old 11-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #172
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Corinna, stop cruising so I can catch up!!!
And just how soon would you like me to stop cruising?

Quote:
wow Corina.. 11 cruises.. that is awesome.. I need to get busy to just try and catch up on one boat.. can't wait for grand kids.. I need a little one to be my partner..
Yes, it is and we made some amazing memories. It is even more impressive considering we did not start cruising until September 2008 and we live in the UK. In amongst those cruises, we have done two Bahamas cruises, two Western Caribbean cruises, a Med cruise, a Mexican Riviera cruise, the inaugural Hawaii cruise, Westbound Transatlantic, Panama Canal, West Coast Repositioning (Los Angeles to Vancouver) and Alaska. I am still missing a Eastern and Southern Caribbean Cruise for my collection as well as an Eastern Med and Baltic cruise.

Quote:
my mom was wondering if you guys know who the captain is of the Magic? do they change?
At the moment it is Captain Robert Olmer, but this may well change before our cruise. He would be a new captain for us.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #173
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47

And just how soon would you like me to stop cruising?

Corinna
After this one.....lol
Old 11-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #174
yroberts
Earning My Ears

I thought it was 39 days.. but my phone says 37 days.. didn't realize it was 11/6 already.. time is going by too fast.. the last 6 days just went poof.. anyone feel like the closer we get.. time is going by faster?
Old 11-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #175
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
I thought it was 39 days.. but my phone says 37 days.. didn't realize it was 11/6 already.. time is going by too fast.. the last 6 days just went poof.. anyone feel like the closer we get.. time is going by faster?
Yes!!I am so ready for vacation!!!!
Old 11-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #176
dolphingirl47

I am slowly but surely going into panic mode. I can't believe that we are leaving for Florida in a little over 3 weeks and there are so many loose ends.

Corinna
Old 11-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #177
yroberts
Earning My Ears

I love paypal and hate them at the same time.. my pay pal account was hacked on 10/15.. they reversed everything except $300 and they feel I should be happy with it..

ya I'm happy with what you have done so far.. but you reversed $200 from the lady who stole my money.. now reverse the $300.. from the same person..
Old 11-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #178
dolphingirl47

Quote:
I love paypal and hate them at the same time.. my pay pal account was hacked on 10/15.. they reversed everything except $300 and they feel I should be happy with it..

ya I'm happy with what you have done so far.. but you reversed $200 from the lady who stole my money.. now reverse the $300.. from the same person..
I am so sorry that you have to go through this.

Corinna
Old 11-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #179
yroberts
Earning My Ears

I'm in panic mode also.. 80 days.. was relax time.. now it's "do I have everything in order?" "work" I'm starting to panic also..
Old 11-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #180
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by yroberts
I'm in panic mode also.. 80 days.. was relax time.. now it's "do I have everything in order?" "work" I'm starting to panic also..
Me too!!! Packing for 7 is challenging especially since we theme it and coordinate!!! Plus moving my SIL out. Move my kids back to their rooms....omg my list goes on. I have had a pounding headache for days!!!

Tags
december 13 2013, disney magic, disney magic in miami

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: