Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #811
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefecatzz View Post
I just booked a lunch package for the CP at Biergarten. Not my first choice but it's in the budget so that's what it will be. I've never been to the CP & excited to see Neil Patrick Harris! As I booked the package online, I saw in the policies it said that if it was a family style or buffet restaurant that it would not be all-you-care-to-eat but it would be one meal. The CM I confirmed it with on the phone said she did not see this in the policy & the one I chatted with did not have access to it but insisted that it would be a buffet because there is no other option at Biergarten. I went as if I were booking it again just to see if I misread. Nope, it still says the same thing under the policy. Does this only apply to certain restaurants such as Garden Grill (I don't see any others that are all-you-can-eat listed for the package)? Either way it doesn't matter much to me but I like to know things before I get there.

I'm actually beginning to rethink the whole package at this point & wonder if I should take my chances w/out one for a seat at one of his later shows to get the full effect in the dark. Just not sure if I'm willing to wait over an hour in line to do so.. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
For NPH you will likely be waiting more than an hour. There was a thread last year that said people started lining up for him around noon. He is one of the narrators I would not take a chance in the SB line for.

That notice has been discussed here on the restaurant board before, it seems to cause a lot of confusion. While I don't see it in my ADR, I'm pretty certain that it refers to special meals, ie: kosher meals. It means that if the restaurant prepares a special plate for you, that special meal is not all you care to eat. If you eat from the regular buffet, it is still aycte.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #812
Imaginationsetfree
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
For NPH you will likely be waiting more than an hour. There was a thread last year that said people started lining up for him around noon. He is one of the narrators I would not take a chance in the SB line for.

That notice has been discussed here on the restaurant board before, it seems to cause a lot of confusion. While I don't see it in my ADR, I'm pretty certain that it refers to special meals, ie: kosher meals. It means that if the restaurant prepares a special plate for you, that special meal is not all you care to eat. If you eat from the regular buffet, it is still aycte.
Forgive my ignorance -but were the people lining up at noon the ones with dinner packages or without? I have a reservation confirmed for the final show on one of NPH's nights, and I'm wondering how early I'll have to get in line with the package - especially since 2 shows happen before that.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #813
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginationsetfree View Post

Forgive my ignorance -but were the people lining up at noon the ones with dinner packages or without? I have a reservation confirmed for the final show on one of NPH's nights, and I'm wondering how early I'll have to get in line with the package - especially since 2 shows happen before that.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
The people lining up that early are those without dinner packages. With the package, 30-45 min should be fine.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #814
Imaginationsetfree
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
The people lining up that early are those without dinner packages. With the package, 30-45 min should be fine.
Oh phew. Thanks for clarifying! (I'm one of those ridiculous types that try to line up early to get a good seat - but that's way early even for me!! )
Old 09-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #815
Crazyhorse
Earning My Ears

Just an FYI. Last night, I was able to book the Rose/Crown for a 12:35 lunch on 12/11, giving us the 5pm show, with Dennis Haysbert..the Allstate guy! Whoo Hoo!
Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #816
patzor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
Just an FYI. Last night, I was able to book the Rose/Crown for a 12:35 lunch on 12/11, giving us the 5pm show, with Dennis Haysbert..the Allstate guy! Whoo Hoo!
Wish I was going to see him. He was awesome in 24.
patzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #817
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
That's who we're seeing.

I wish they had the camel from Geico. LOL Or at least his voice.

Hump Daaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #818
Stefecatzz
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry for being off topic but I don't see where I can delete this post. I thought it did not post at first and then it showed up after I re-posted!

Last edited by Stefecatzz; 09-06-2013 at 12:14 PM. Reason: I don't see where I can delete this post..
Stefecatzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #819
Stefecatzz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post

Ok, thanks! That makes more sense if it only applies to special requests.

I'm definitely excited to see NPH, even if it is for the first show. I'm looking forward to being able to include the dinner package in my budget & seeing it while it's dark out in the future as well!
Stefecatzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #820
CalvaryMike
DIS Veteran

When I went to book my reservations for CP, I couldn't find hardly any openings online. I decided to call. Glad I did. There were a whole bunch of options available that I couldn't pull up online and I was able to get a 6:00 show with Dennis Haysbert. Glad I called.

Btw, one of my options was with Sigourney. The CM told me that she has a reputation of canceling. Don't know the validity of that statement, but that's what she told me.
CalvaryMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #821
Crazyhorse
Earning My Ears

Mike,
Where/what time are you eating lunch or dinner to get the 6 something performance?
Just curious.....I was able to book a 12:30 lunch at RCP, which got us the 5pm performance with Dennis.
Interesting about Sig W. I'm sure if she bails, they will have a good backup performer.
Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:52 AM   #822
tba
Earning My Ears

Curious to see how the narrator line-up may change, but definitely hoping that Gary Sinese stays put. Was very (pleasantly) surprised to see him listed during the time we'll be there, as I thought he'd be more likely to narrate closer to Christmas. CP is one of the things I'm most looking forward to.
tba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #823
KarlaG4Kids
I LOVE to travel
Two votes from our house!

I'm so jealous of those of you getting to see Dennis Haysbert, his voice would make the telling of the Christmas story AMAZING. I could listen to him talk all night long. ENJOY! if you would happen to record it you could always post so the rest of us could enjoy that voice....just saying!
05/12/14 35th Anniversary trip12/2/13 Christmas fun5/18/13 Fantasy Cruise w/whole family! 5/1/12 Our WDW trip with Abby & Cameron & DREAM cruise w/entire family!05/07/11 Grosdidier WDW & Dream 01/06/10 Marathon trip w C&C 09/12/09 01/28/09 DL 1st trip 09/20/08 01/11/08 08/26/07 12/11/06 09/25/06 01/11/06 02/2005 09/2004 12/2002 05/2002 01/2001 03/1999 01/1997 03/17/1995 - FT Wilderness, The trip that began it all! Each time I arrive at WDW I know that I am HOME! A vacation is one of the best investments in your family!
KarlaG4Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #824
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I just booked a lunch package for the CP at Biergarten. Not my first choice but it's in the budget so that's what it will be. I've never been to the CP & excited to see Neil Patrick Harris! As I booked the package online, I saw in the policies it said that if it was a family style or buffet restaurant that it would not be all-you-care-to-eat but it would be one meal. The CM I confirmed it with on the phone said she did not see this in the policy & the one I chatted with did not have access to it but insisted that it would be a buffet because there is no other option at Biergarten
Biergarten is a buffet, and the CM is correct in saying it would be a buffet no matter what, even for the CP package.

What you are probably reading is the policy for ordering kosher and special dietary meals. Because WDW restaurants don't have kosher kitchens, these meals must be brought in from outside WDW already prepared. So they don't have the ability to offer all you can eat kosher meals, even in a buffet restaurant.

Quote:
The CM told me that she has a reputation of canceling. Don't know the validity of that statement, but that's what she told me.
Not sure how they would know, as she's never done the CP before.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #825
hippsmom
Mouseketeer

Has a narrator(s) been announced for 23-25 yet?
hippsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: