Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #151
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memakwed View Post
We've never been for the holidays so I don't know quite how this works. I know we are all anxiously waiting to make ADR's but how much notice do we get before we can make an ADR?
Example would be find out on Friday that we can book Sat. or will it be we find out because it's going on right then, or will be get more notice?
I'm trying to figure out if I have to sit on my computer every morning and check in about this or if I can do it when I have a free moment during the day and not worry I'm going to miss it.
TIA
We do this every year, and you usually get at least a few days notice, if not more. Unless they're trying something different, they won't just start taking reservations one morning, without giving notice. I don't think you'll miss it.

Quote:
Can CP be booked online? Or do you have to call?
It can be done online.

Quote:
I've been calling every day this week and have consistantly been told that they most likely won't be released until at least mid-July, as they are still trying to coordinate the speakers and still releasing items for the Food & Wine Festival.
That's a shocker! CMs being consistent about CP information? LOL The only "consistency" I've ever come across is the CMs inconsistencies when it comes to booking the CP. I don't know why.

Haven't seen any information yet today.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #152
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post

It can be done online.

Thanks!
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 AS Music FS *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #153
patzor
Mouseketeer

Just a warning about online booking. I had issues, and still had to call. So you might want to start the online booking, while on the phone. That's what I'll be doing whenever they release the info
patzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #154
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by memakwed View Post
We've never been for the holidays so I don't know quite how this works. I know we are all anxiously waiting to make ADR's but how much notice do we get before we can make an ADR?
Example would be find out on Friday that we can book Sat. or will it be we find out because it's going on right then, or will be get more notice?
I'm trying to figure out if I have to sit on my computer every morning and check in about this or if I can do it when I have a free moment during the day and not worry I'm going to miss it.
TIA
We've made ADRs for CP weeks after it has been announced.....but there were restaurants that were "sold out" and of course the very popular speakers will sell out very very quickly.....like Neil Patrick Harris....I believe he holds the record for selling out.

If you will be there a few days and can be flexible about who you see and where you eat, then you can usually even find reservations a week or two before the event. But if you have your heart set on a popular restaurant and a specific speaker, then the sooner you get that done the happier you will be, lol.

We're going to do at least 2 CPs and possibly 3 depending on who the speakers are during our visit (we'll be there for 3 1/2 weeks, 2 of which are during CP)....and we're actually looking to book some of the "less" popular restaurants this time, so we shouldn't have much trouble....but the reason I am so anxious is that I just want to know!!!! and I want to be able to tweak and finalize the rest of our TS ADRs....I have several made that will have to be undone if CP needs to fit in there instead. I am one of those that would like to get this settled early and not have to do the mad scramble to change things around to fit things in.
ConnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #155
Virgderon
DIS Veteran

Hi- for a previous poster concerned about Dec. 18 to 21- last year they had Trace Adkins during that time. I am not a country music fan, so I was a little disappointed that he was our narrator. What a wonderful surprise- he did an amazing job, and his deep voice is just right for this. You could also tell he took it seriously. He said he was humbled to be there. The whole thing moved me to tears, and I am hoping he will be there again. An advance list I saw on another board says he is there Dec. 19-21. Just want you to know you will not be disappointed with him as the narrator.
Virgderon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #156
Virgderon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzor View Post
Just a warning about online booking. I had issues, and still had to call. So you might want to start the online booking, while on the phone. That's what I'll be doing whenever they release the info
This! I just booked my Christmas Day dining ressie today. It was a waste of time to go online- the screen kept freezing and when I finally got to the list of available places, Whispering Canyon was not there. We needed a hotel dining ressie because a couple people in our party do not have Disney passes.

Ended up calling at 7 am, and having no trouble getting the ressie for the the time and place we wanted.
Virgderon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #157
mchelle77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgderon View Post
Hi- for a previous poster concerned about Dec. 18 to 21- last year they had Trace Adkins during that time. I am not a country music fan, so I was a little disappointed that he was our narrator. What a wonderful surprise- he did an amazing job, and his deep voice is just right for this. You could also tell he took it seriously. He said he was humbled to be there. The whole thing moved me to tears, and I am hoping he will be there again. An advance list I saw on another board says he is there Dec. 19-21. Just want you to know you will not be disappointed with him as the narrator.
Where was the advance list? I googled and could only find LAST year's list ...

First trip - 03/97 (1 week)
Second trip - 02/00 (1 week)
Third trip (Honeymoon!) - 06/03 (2 weeks)
Fourth trip - 11/01/09 (10 days, DD's 1st trip there)
Next Trip - 11/30/13 (1 week - Surprise for our daughter!)
DISNEY CRUISE just booked April 2015!
mchelle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:28 AM   #158
iluvdoombuggies
Mouseketeer

Patiently waiting....UGH!!!!

'77 Off-Site 10/97 Dixie Landings 8/98 Poly/ASM 8/01 Off-Site 9/06 Pop 1/07 AS Sports 10/07 AKL 6/11 POR

iluvdoombuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #159
ajfd
Mouseketeer

That list is not the 2013 list. It is the list from the Orlando Sentinel posted in Oct, 2010.
ajfd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #160
cncDisney4
DIS Veteran

Subscribing and trying to be patient.

I just talked to Disney Dining and was told they have no idea when reservations for CP dinner packages will open.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #161
GinnerD
Mouseketeer

Seems like every time someone calls, there is a different (non) answer. It will happen when it happens. No choice but to be patient and hope for the best.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:40 AM   #162
Questforthemouse
Mouseketeer

Subscribing
Old 06-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #163
wdwlover25
Mouseketeer

First christmas time visit and so excited! CP is definitely a must do and appreciate all the info from this thread. Any suggestions on what restaurant to try to book? Does it help to be close to the pavilion in order to get in line faster? Do they allow plenty of time for transit between dinner and the CP? Thanks!
wdwlover25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #164
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwlover25 View Post
First christmas time visit and so excited! CP is definitely a must do and appreciate all the info from this thread. Any suggestions on what restaurant to try to book? Does it help to be close to the pavilion in order to get in line faster? Do they allow plenty of time for transit between dinner and the CP? Thanks!
There is plenty of time to get from the restaurant to the theater. The reservations are grouped according to the show you are seeing, this info is from 2011:

Show 1 (5:00pm): Dining reservation between 1:45pm-2:45pm

Show 2 (6:45pm): Dining reservation between 3:30pm-4:30pm

Show 3 (8:15pm): Dining reservation between 5:00pm-6:00pm

This is a general idea, last year I think my reservation was around 12:45.

As for what restaurant, I say pick the one you will enjoy the most!

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #165
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
There is plenty of time to get from the restaurant to the theater. The reservations are grouped according to the show you are seeing, this info is from 2011:

Show 1 (5:00pm): Dining reservation between 1:45pm-2:45pm

Show 2 (6:45pm): Dining reservation between 3:30pm-4:30pm

Show 3 (8:15pm): Dining reservation between 5:00pm-6:00pm

This is a general idea, last year I think my reservation was around 12:45.

As for what restaurant, I say pick the one you will enjoy the most!
Agreed, plenty of time to get there. I thought I would hate it but I actually love La Hacienda de San Angel Inn. I was so disappointed one year because that's all I could get, but it turned out to be really good.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: