Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which Club Level Would You Choose?
Polynesian Resort King Kamehameha Club 13 44.83%
Grand Floridian Resort Royal Palm Club 15 51.72%
Grand Floridian Resort Sugarloaf Club 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #16
2manypets
DIS Veteran

I got to say, I've never stayed CL (1st time this Sept ) but I voted for the Poly CL. Your wife sounds like she'd like to stay there AND happy wife...happy life.

Poly is beautiful and relaxing, with a straight on view of Wishes from the lounge. The food also looks wonderful in the pictures I've seen.

2manypets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #17
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I have stayed at most CLs at WDW.

GF RPC and GF SL are two very different experiences. I would never stay GF SL again. SL is noisy, crowded and it feels like I'm in a cafeteria rather than a private lounge. I've done a few RPC stays and it's definitely my favorite lounge as far as offerings. The food selection comes closer to what I've experienced at 5 star hotel concierge levels. None of the other WDW CLs do.

Although RPC is not my favorite WDW CL, it's my favorite from your list.

Disclaimer: I am not a fan of the Poly.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #18
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Flamark I am a fan of both RPC and SL...and as Pakey pointed out they really are two very different lounge experiences....

Standard rooms are basically the same in both club levels...

RPC lounge has 3 seating levels....and has a very open and airy feel to it...not to mention how very lovely it is spending time there from later afternoon into evening listening to the piano or the GF society orchestra playing....

SL has a much smaller lounge area...has a bistro feel to it IMO...the fact that it is located in the lobby of that building makes it very convenient to grabbing drinks and snacks while you are coming or going...

We enjoy RPC in the colder months..and SL in the summer due to its proximity to the pool...

**As for the RPC room keys also allowing you access to SL...that is no longer the case with the new electronic touch keys... I recently stayed in RPC and decided on my way to the boat dock to stop in SL to get a soft drink..and my key didn't work! ...Oh well it was a nice perk while it was available...

I have never stayed at the Poly so no help on that from me...but those new rehabbed rooms do look awfully nice....

Which ever your decide I'm sure you will enjoy...they are both wonderful choices...

OT.... MickeyNut!!!

BlueSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #19
mmmears
DIS Veteran

I've stayed in all 3.

Between SL and RPC I really prefer RPC.

For the poll I picked Poly CL for these reasons:

1) It was just renovated and the rooms were, too. GF needs a renovation (which I think I read it will be getting soon).

2) GF is under construction -- we visited on our last trip and were glad we weren't staying there with all the walls up and the banging.

3) The views from the Poly CL lounge (and the MK views from the Hawaii building) beat the GF views.

They are all good -- I don't think you can go wrong here with any of your options.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: