Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is it worth $800 total to change from All Star Sports to Coronado Springs?
Yes 16 66.67%
No 8 33.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
Don'tYouKnowNothing?
Go Blackhawks!

Question Coronado Springs v. All Star Sports: Worth an Extra $800

Hi everyone, I'm going to WDW in August, and I have a reservation at All Star Sports. The food court is going to be out of service, so I'm considering changing my reservation. I don't want to do another All Star, because I'm concerned that the other All Stars will have more people in the food courts.

My other option, Coronado Springs, is $800 (total) more (I'm staying 7 nights). Do you think it's worth it to spend the extra $800 to change resorts? Thanks so much!!
Don'tYouKnowNothing? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
smcabee
Boomer Sooner

Im assuming you chose All Stars to save some money? If so why not look into Pop if you dont want to book the other All star resorts. I think an extra $800 can be put to better use in the parks or for a future trip but thats just me. If we are not staying in our DVC on points, I always book the All Stars, no point imo to pay for amenities Im not going to use ie..We need a place to sleep and a bathroom/shower.
smcabee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #3
Megs114
Mouseketeer

We've stayed at All Star Sports twice (I've stayed 3 times). It's not bad. I prefer to stay there over the other two All Stars because its the first stop for the buses to pick you up and drop you off. The only thing that was annoying from our last trip was that we were upgraded to a preferred room. It was handicap accessible so there was just a walk in shower which made the floor soaking wet the entire time. No matter what we did, it just wouldn't stop the entire bathroom floor from being soaked. Other than that, we do like it. I know that with the food court out of commission, it will make eating a hassle but if you can get into the baseball section, it's not a far walk to music. Good luck!
11/98- 1st trip with family, Off Site , 12/00- Contemporary with family, Christmas Trip 5/03- All-Star Sports, Senior Trip 12/04- Off Site with family, Christmas Trip 1/06- 1st trip with DH, Off Site 8/07- 2nd trip with DH, Family Condo 4/08-3rd trip with DH and family, Family Condo 8/08- 4th trip with DH, Family Condo 6/09- All-Star Sports, 5th trip with DH and Family, Engagement! 8/12- All-Star Sports, 6th trip with DH, 1st Anniversary!
, 8/2013, 7th trip with DH, 2nd Anniversary :

Check out our PTR for August 2013!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post49125373
Megs114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
pieface
Mouseketeer

I stayed at Coronado springs and its not worth $800 more. The food court is awful and it tends to be more for business or convention traveller. I would say it is quieter but the last two nights I had to listen to the drunk convention people outside running their mouths. Pop would be a good option or Caribean beach won't be going back to Coronado springs.
pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #5
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

I've never stayed at any of the All Stars resorts, but I have stayed at Pop and Coronado Springs. While we really enjoyed the surroundings at CSR, we really loved Pop.

If my initial plans included All Stars, I wouldn't hesitate to go to Pop and save the money.
OurBigTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #6
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

We are big CSR fans and would pay 800.00 more. We do not care for the All Stars at all but have enjoyed POP. If the money is a huge deal, choose POP, if not spring for CSR. We find Pepper Market food to be quite good, thought the smaller self service area is over crowded. The pool is amazing and the lake is beautiful. We find the staff top notch, and the rooms are much nicer than a value. We love having queen beds and the large charging area for all our electronics was extra nice too.
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #7
capegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSANDRA View Post
We are big CSR fans and would pay 800.00 more. We do not care for the All Stars at all but have enjoyed POP. If the money is a huge deal, choose POP, if not spring for CSR. We find Pepper Market food to be quite good, thought the smaller self service area is over crowded. The pool is amazing and the lake is beautiful. We find the staff top notch, and the rooms are much nicer than a value. We love having queen beds and the large charging area for all our electronics was extra nice too.

Out of all the Disney resorts, CSR has THE best bus service, and the largest hot tub; The bus stops are scattered about the property, so you will not have to walk far, and you can also request a room in a location closer to El Centro. If you are someone who would enjoy a little relaxation at the resort, then spend the $800.00.
capegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #8
wdwjeffc37
DisneyWorldFan

If you are happy staying at a Value Resort then stay there. If you are looking for a little more (amenities) then upgrade. Only you can tell if it is worth it to you. If it's about the money then Value all the way. We have stayed at the Values and had a great time. We have also stayed at the Mods and we have found that CSR offers just what we are looking for. We have stayed there several times. We just budget for the Mod when we plan. I don't think you can go wrong with any on-site Disney resort. So I guess I would say for us, yes it is worth the extra.
wdwjeffc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #9
saskdw
DIS Veteran

For me this would be a no brainer. We love CSR and wouldn't stay at a value. I really believe that CSR is the best bang for your buck at WDW. It has almost all the Deluxe amenities at the Mod price.

The question for you is do any of the extra things CSR offers interest you and how much would YOU pay for them?

Much quieter resort, Queen Beds, bigger rooms, awesome pool (generally considered 2nd best at WDW next to Beach Club), longest pool slide at WDW, largest hot tub on WDW property, Table service restaurant, fitness center, Spa, Salon, night club style lounge, also 2 other outdoor lounges, arguably the best bus service at WDW.

The resort is very spread out. Some people don't like that. Personally I love the layout. We've been there when all 2000 rooms are full at Christmas time and it was never a problem to find a quiet place to relax. Our stays there total 28 nights and I have barely ever noticed any of the conventioners. My only advice would be don't eat at the "normal" eating times. We always eat at off times at WDW and its never busy.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #10
Don'tYouKnowNothing?
Go Blackhawks!

Talking

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions and info! I think we're going to try Pop this trip and we'll see how it goes. You folks are the best.
Don'tYouKnowNothing? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #11
KELLY
DIS Veteran

I say no. For our trip to upgrade for the 12 days is 900.00. GRanted in our case we would get the regular dining plan. But we prefer the QSDP anyway. I have stayed at all levels and just would rather save the money for the next trip. Maybe when my kids get older but right now pop serves it purpose.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #12
cindymindy
Earning My Ears

We had a similar decision to make for our upcoming trip. We decided to go with a value resort (Pop) and save the money because our trips are so park heavy. We might use the pool once, we only eat breakfast in the food court, and we are never in our room. Good luck on your decision! Remember, no matter what you will be at Disney!!

November, 2014:POP Century, Wine and Dine Half Marathon! July, 2013: Animal Kingdom Lodge June, 2013: POP Century 2012: Caribbean Beach 2007: Grand Floridian 2001: Coronado Springs 2000: Port Orleans: French Quarter 1999: Caribbean Beach 1998: Coronado Springs 1990: Off property 1987: Off property
cindymindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #13
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieface View Post
I stayed at Coronado springs and its not worth $800 more. The food court is awful and it tends to be more for business or convention traveller. I would say it is quieter but the last two nights I had to listen to the drunk convention people outside running their mouths. Pop would be a good option or Caribean beach won't be going back to Coronado springs.
I could have written this. CSR is last on our list. We will likely never return there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by capegirl View Post

Out of all the Disney resorts, CSR has THE best bus service, and the largest hot tub; The bus stops are scattered about the property, so you will not have to walk far, and you can also request a room in a location closer to El Centro. If you are someone who would enjoy a little relaxation at the resort, then spend the $800.00.
See, for all the resorts we have stayed at, CSR had the WORST bus service. And the bus stops are a LONG hike from a lot of rooms. We really did not like it at all (either time that we stayed there...).

OP - last summer we did just what you are pondering - went with $$$ CSR over Pop. We were very sad at the end that we did. Pop is great. It's fun, compact, great bus service, great food court, love the pools, the staff, etc. CSR was the opposite. Crappy food, awful bus service, awful, dirty room. Etc. We asked to be moved to Pop after the 2nd night - no availability. So they upgraded us to a jr suite and while THAT was nice, we would still never stay at CSR again.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #14
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
I could have written this. CSR is last on our list. We will likely never return there...

See, for all the resorts we have stayed at, CSR had the WORST bus service. And the bus stops are a LONG hike from a lot of rooms. We really did not like it at all (either time that we stayed there...).
There is hundreds of posts on this board praising the bus service at CSR. I stand by my earlier comment that it has arguably the best overall bus service at WDW. Sorry your experience was different, but you are in the minority.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #15
NewmanFamily6
Mouseketeer

I agree with the other posters. Instead of spending another $800 why not try to stay at another Value?

Next trip: January 2015 @ All Star Sports
NewmanFamily6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all star sports, coronado springs, food court

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: