Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
rutgers1
DIS Veteran

4th of July -- Have a dinner reservation and pre-paid dessert party -- Will I get in?

I remember someone stating earlier that a dinner reservation doesn't guarantee entry to the park, as when it is closed, it is closed.

With that in mind, here is my question --- Once some people leave, do they give preference to people with dinner reservations, particularly those with pre paid things like the Tomorrowland Dessert Party package?
rutgers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutgers1 View Post
I remember someone stating earlier that a dinner reservation doesn't guarantee entry to the park, as when it is closed, it is closed.

With that in mind, here is my question --- Once some people leave, do they give preference to people with dinner reservations, particularly those with pre paid things like the Tomorrowland Dessert Party package?
July 4th's events promise to be huge, huge, huge. They've been hyping them for more then a year, and the park frequently closes anyway on July 4th at some point. Most travel planning sites have already put up July 4th travel warnings for this year because bookings have shown that this year will be very busy, busier then average.

While they do staggered closings and re-openings, I would not expect to get entry to the park once that level has been hit, especially as, because of the fireworks, more people will be trying to get in then are leaving in the evening.

As somebody with a reservation, you'll be the last group to be denied entry, but still... Best bet is to make that your park for the day, arrive early, and stay there. If I had those kind of reservations, I wouldn't dream of not being at the park all day on July 4th. If you want to chance it, which I wouldn't, you'll need to provide proof of your reservation, though I think they have a list at the gate now too. I'm not sure.

Quote:
Phase 1 Closure

Casual visitors are turned away at the automobile toll plazas. This means that people without tickets, those with one-day, single-park tickets, and those intending to use cast mamber passes will not be allowed to park.

Other guests may enter:

Those with multi-day or multi-park tickets
Those staying at a Disney Resort
Annual Passholders
Those re-entering the park that day.
Those "hopping" from another park.
Those with in-park reservations or appointments.
Those arriving via Disney transportation

Phase 2 Closure

The following guests are allowed through the turnstiles and into the parking lots:

Annual Passholders
Those re-entering the park that day.
Those "hopping" from another park.
Those arriving via Disney transportation

Phase 3 Closure

The following guests are allowed through the turnstiles and into the parking lots:

Annual Passholders

Phase 4 Closure

The park and parking lot are closed to all arriving guests.
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°

Last edited by Tropical Wilds; 05-03-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutgers1 View Post

Nope. They really have no way to do so.

Know too that if you miss an ADR that required a credit card hold, they will charge you the $10 per person fee. It is your responsibility to be in the park to make your ADR. The best thing is to get to the MK early, and stay there. If you leave, or go late, you chance not being able to get in.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
agrip76
Earning My Ears

We were told dinner reservations does guarantee you get into the park. That is why we made them for the 4th at the MK.
agrip76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If the park is at a stage 4 closure you will not get in. Reservations or no reservations. At a stage 4 closure, nobody gets in. But anything up to a stage 4 closure, yes, that will get you in. However, I have heard of MK reaching stage 4 closures on the 4th of July. It usually doesn't last, but not sure you want to take that chance.

Quote:
Know too that if you miss an ADR that required a credit card hold, they will charge you the $10 per person fee.
And if it's CRT, you are on the hook for the entire cost of the meal. Same for the dessert party as it's also prepaid.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 06-04-2013 at 12:26 PM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
TheRustyScupper
Coordinator: GKTW. Volunteer: Kiwanis & SCORE. Board Member: Make-A-Wish. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty Good Sailing Captain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrip76 View Post
We were told dinner reservations does guarantee you get into the park. That is why we made them for the 4th at the MK.
1) Someone does not know the rules.
2) PERIOD.
3) If park is at Stage-4 no one gets in.
. . . even with paid ressies
. . . even if you were at the park earlier in the day
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
rgf207
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Unfortunately you were told wrong. If a park is closed due to capacity, nobody gets in regardless of reservations.

My advice is to arrive early and do not leave.

2002 - Off Site;2004 - Off Site;March 2005 - AKL;Sept 2005 - PoP, POR, ASMo;May 2006 - POR;June 2007 - BCV;June 2008 - SSR; March 2009 - SSR; August 2009 - SSR, AKV; Feb 2010 - VWL; Jun 2010 - BCV; Feb 2011 - AKV; June 2012 - BLT
rgf207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #8
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

I would arrive early and just stay there all day. You will be glad you have the Dessert Party ressies.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #9
AuroraRora
Princess

I've been there on 4th of July when it was stage 4, and it was so busy that we wanted to leave but couldn't, just because we knew we wouldn't get back in. At stage 4 there is absolutely nothing that will get you in, and not only will you miss your reservations, you'll be charged for missing them too. If you want to guarantee that doesn't happen, you need to be there in the morning.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #10
agrip76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
1) Someone does not know the rules.
2) PERIOD.
3) If park is at Stage-4 no one gets in.
. . . even with paid ressies
. . . even if you were at the park earlier in the day
Well if it's 1-3 we can get in, so she was right.
agrip76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #11
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Well if it's 1-3 we can get in, so she was right.
Only partially right. Once it hits stage 4 no one gets in, and all deposit money placed on ADRs and dessert parties is forfeit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: