Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #31
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALCooper3 View Post

For those who have booked onboard. Do you have to put the whole amount of the cruise on the card up front or can you just put a deposit down using the card to get the $50 onboard credit?
You have to pay for the entire cruise with the Disney Visa card, but you don't have to pay all at once.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #32
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

You have to book the cruise with the disney reward card to get the on board credit. But as mentioned, you can defer the entire cruise fare and trip out 6 months same as cash...so it doesn't really matter if you have to book the cruise with that card? I think? I got a note when I checked into my stateroom saying that $50 had been applied on our onboard credit. I don't think they really 'apply' it until you basically check on board. By then, you will definitely have to have paid in full, in which case the 6 months same as cash was a big help to us.
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #33
Madzac
Mouseketeer

We have had the regular one for years and upgraded to the premier early this year ( which just required a simple phone call to the person who asked). Yes we could probably get ac greater reward on another card but I lo ve that these are disney specific. Our last two trips to wdw the rewards paid all our food and souvenirs in reward dollars. For our cruise it covered all our onboard charges! The kids get more souvenirs this way! And I have to spend it on disney things...nothing practical which I would feel I had to do if I had cash back.

We love it...and the smiles I get when I pull out my card!
Previous trips: WDW:CBR 3/93, ASMo 5/99, POFQ 5/06, WL 5/09, windsor hills 10/12. DL: Offsite 2/07, 3/10. DCL Dream 4 night bahamas 6/13 (trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3131854)... next up Magic 7 night Western 3/2015
Madzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #34
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

That's so true! I asked my honey how come we never get airfare with the Venture card (you see the ads, you know the Vikings?) and he always says because we take the cash back. Well that may be practical, but its no fun! This year, we drove to Port Canaveral from KY TWICE there and back (x 4 13-14 hrs each way! ) I wish I'd have had the airfare! I know that's not practical, but it's true.

So yeah, I'm with you. It's like "hey I paid for the items I bought on the card, and this is just free disney stuff" it's like a much less guilty feeling.

I'm sure Disney has us 'exactly where they want' us!

It actually cheers me up to see Nemo & Squirt pop outta my wallet!

While we are on the subject, does anyone know at what point the rewards points update? I have posted several payments this month but no points update...since I am considering using them a deposit here SOON, I am wondering if there is a standard date that they update...
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #35
mose2000
Earning My Ears

The new rewards points show up in my account when the new statement gets posted. Hope that helps!
mose2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #36
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post

You have to pay for the entire cruise with the Disney Visa card, but you don't have to pay all at once.

Nancy
It is my understanding that you can not get the $50.00 credit for using Disney Visa if you book on board. You can't combine those two discounts.
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: