DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #31
dmunsil
Disney Uber-Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkny View Post
This is really fascinating. Thank You for the info. I am curious to see how non WDW resorts have done. Would it be possible to do similar analysis for Hilton Head?
I haven't checked Hilton Head, but assuming that county has their deeds available online, some analysis can probably be done. It depends on what the deed includes. If it wasn't for the Florida Deed Document Tax, we'd never know what the selling price was for most of these transactions. If South Carolina doesn't have something similar, some of this info is not available.

I did check Orange County California to see if something could be done for VGC. Unfortunately, while you can see deed flow for free, you can't see the deeds themselves without paying the county a $1/page document fee. Doing this analysis would be expensive as a hobby.
dmunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #32
iluvthsgam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Actually someone on another thread said they learned that sellers will raise the price to those levels when they decide they don't want to sell anymore. Their contract stipulates that if the brokers find someone to make a full-price offer, the sellers either have to take it or pay the commission to the broker. Jacking up the price may be a way to run out the clock on a listing without having to pay any additional money.
ah, that makes sense then. I'm guessing these are exclusive listings with a time-period on them and that is a good way to run that out if they decide they don't want to sell.
iluvthsgam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: