Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Parasailing at CC - Logistics

I signed DH and I up for parasailing at 9:00 a.m. on CC day during our September cruise on the Dream. I have a few questions:

1. Will we meet somewhere on the ship as a group, or will we just make our way over to the parasailing area on our own?

2. Can we take our beach bag with us on the boat, or will we need to go back on the ship and get our stuff when we're finished parasailing?

3. Will we have any trouble getting lounge chairs near the water at SB by the time we get over there?

Thanks in advance for any insight. I booked excursions, etc. last night, and now the trip feels real!

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
Iceman09201
Mouseketeer

I signed DH and I up for parasailing at 9:00 a.m. on CC day during our September cruise on the Dream. I have a few questions:

1. Will we meet somewhere on the ship as a group, or will we just make our way over to the parasailing area on our own?

You will just get off the ship and take your port adventure tickets over to Marges Barges

2. Can we take our beach bag with us on the boat, or will we need to go back on the ship and get our stuff when we're finished parasailing?

There is limited space under the seats on the parasailing boat for personal items. Depending on the size of your bag you may have to leave it on the boat dock.

3. Will we have any trouble getting lounge chairs near the water at SB by the time we get over there?

The excursion takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour to complete so by the time you get to SB it will be close to 10:15 but you should be able to find space ok

Thanks in advance for any insight. I booked excursions, etc. last night, and now the trip feels real!
Iceman09201 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #3
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your response, Iceman. Do you remember about how long it took to walk over to Marge's Barges? There was a long delay before disembarking at CC on our last cruise, and we weren't off the ship until well after the All Ashore time. Hopefully that won't happen this time!

I didn't realize it was an option to leave our stuff on the dock. Did people do that when you were there? I guess it's no different from leaving stuff unattended at the beach while swimming.

Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Old 06-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #4
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

It is less than a five minute walk to Marge's Barges. Just past the post office, on the left side. If you don't have a huge bag you should be alright with putting it under the seat, although it may get a little wet. You cannot wear shoes on the Parasail boat. You will have to either put them in your bag or leave them on the dock, most leave them on the dock.

cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdefouw View Post
It is less than a five minute walk to Marge's Barges. Just past the post office, on the left side. If you don't have a huge bag you should be alright with putting it under the seat, although it may get a little wet. You cannot wear shoes on the Parasail boat. You will have to either put them in your bag or leave them on the dock, most leave them on the dock.
Thank you for your response! I realized as soon as I read it that I have a map of CC from a previous cruise. I pulled it out and I can see now how close Marge's Barges is to the ship. Thanks for the 411 re: shoes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: