Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is it worth $800 total to change from All Star Sports to Coronado Springs?
Yes 16 66.67%
No 8 33.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #16
capegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
I could have written this. CSR is last on our list. We will likely never return there...

See, for all the resorts we have stayed at, CSR had the WORST bus service. And the bus stops are a LONG hike from a lot of rooms. We really did not like it at all (either time that we stayed there...).

OP - last summer we did just what you are pondering - went with $$$ CSR over Pop. We were very sad at the end that we did. Pop is great. It's fun, compact, great bus service, great food court, love the pools, the staff, etc. CSR was the opposite. Crappy food, awful bus service, awful, dirty room. Etc. We asked to be moved to Pop after the 2nd night - no availability. So they upgraded us to a jr suite and while THAT was nice, we would still never stay at CSR again.
Sorry, but I strongly disagree. We have stayed at all of Disney's resorts, from value to deluxe, and CSR's bus service is unsurpassed. I would like to add that I am very picky when it comes to hotel rooms, and in defense of CSR, in all my stays I have never experienced a 'dirty' room.
capegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #17
disd55
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post

OP - last summer we did just what you are pondering - went with $$$ CSR over Pop. We were very sad at the end that we did. Pop is great. It's fun, compact, great bus service, great food court, love the pools, the staff, etc. CSR was the opposite. Crappy food, awful bus service, awful, dirty room. Etc. We asked to be moved to Pop after the 2nd night - no availability. So they upgraded us to a jr suite and while THAT was nice, we would still never stay at CSR again.
I totally agree with Minnesota! We had the same experience. We did a split stay (CSR/BWI) and couldn't wait to get to BWI. CSR was a failure in comparison. I don't see why people say it is closest to a deluxe. CBR has all the same amenities as CSR. We also had terrible bus service, far walks to any bus stop. We were on the far side of Casitas 2 and even though it was considered preferred it in no way seemed like a preferred room. All the Deluxe's we've stayed at had better bus service than CSR.
disd55 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #18
kirby428
Mousejunkie Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by capegirl View Post
Sorry, but I strongly disagree. We have stayed at all of Disney's resorts, from value to deluxe, and CSR's bus service is unsurpassed. I would like to add that I am very picky when it comes to hotel rooms, and in defense of CSR, in all my stays I have never experienced a 'dirty' room.
No matter what the Disney Resort being discussed, the bus system has too many variables to use it as point to favor one resort over another. It is possible for two guests to have opposite opinions based on two completely opposite bus experiences. Ditto about walking distances. A pleasant stroll for one is a marathon hike for another over the same distance. It is also unfair to blame a resort based on the behaviors of its guests. Hey when I stayed at that room my next door guests were not like the ones you had and if you stay there again you will have a completely new set. Want a good reason to pay extra for a resort? Pay attention to how hard the door hits your knees while you sit on the toilet...to dry off your toes. Sheesh! Bathroom size and layout matches room cost. Listen to your knee.

kirby428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #19
maryj11
DIS Veteran

There are discounts for in August, have you gotten that already ? Just checking to make sure you knew about it. Hmmm 800.00 more for CSR, if it were POR I would say yes. I have stayed at CSR and I liked it but the walking to the food court every day and night wore me out. The bus service was super quick but we were there in September low crowd season. I wouldnt pay 800.00 more though. I might if it was one of my favorites.

Last edited by maryj11; 06-04-2013 at 09:02 PM.
maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #20
capegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby428 View Post
Want a good reason to pay extra for a resort? Pay attention to how hard the door hits your knees while you sit on the toilet...to dry off your toes. Sheesh! Bathroom size and layout matches room cost. Listen to your knee.
Since I don't spend my vacation in the bathroom, I rarely pay attention to my knees. If my knees did complain I would stay at SOG...ginormous bathrooms, and rooms over there. For me it's not about the room size, it's about the total resort experience.
capegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all star sports, coronado springs, food court

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: