Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
tentaguasu
Mouseketeer

Which attraction do you think deserves more respect?

What attraction do you think gets an unfairly bad rap?

Tell us what the attraction is, and defend your choice!

For me, it's American Idol.

I never see any love for it - and quite a few negative comments about it. I'm not a particularly big fan of the show (watched a few seasons a few years ago - mostly ignore it now), but the attraction is top notch in my opinion.

Great production values (feels like being on a set), very interesting interactivity with the crowd each day (unique performers), audience participation (in the voting), the chance to see something unique each time out, surprisingly good cast members, interesting back-story montages. I had low expectations going in, and just really really loved it. A very unique attraction, unlike any other on property.

And because it's unique each time out, it has (for me anyway) an excellent "re-ride" value.

I wonder if the negativity is more about prejudice against the show than a problem with the attraction itself.

It's not my favorite in WDW - but it's in my "can't miss" group.

So what's your "misunderstood" attraction? And why should we reconsider it?

(Wondering if we'll get a Stitch defender!)
tentaguasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:05 AM   #2
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Had to laugh at your Stitch defender comment because DD just had her BFF over last night and she loves Stitch...but she's 9! LOL I think COP gets Meh reviews, but the concept for the time and the fact that he took it to the 1964 World's fair in NY is so interesting. He was so forward thinking it was unbelievable. I know many younger people don't get it, but I do. My parents lived the depression and I just think its awesome.

Also, Swiss Family Treehouse. The movie was one of my favorites growing up and I would've killed for that treehouse!

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #3
chris1013
Mouseketeer

I would also have to say COP. I have always loved it and it is must ride for me. I was in mk with a couple friends: a first timer and someone who had been many times like me who insisted who could skip it. We ended up arguing about it until the first timer said she would like to go on it. The history of the ride and in it are very interesting to me.

I also have to say the hall of presidents. I know a lot of people disagree, but I'm a huge presidential history nerd and love it. If you go to mk with me you will be going to the hall at least once.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #4
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Rafiki's Planet Watch. I avoided this for years because I thought it was a waste of time. Just a lame "railroad" ride and a petting zoo.

Until we did it. Lots of nature stuff out there and if you go when a vet procedure is going on, WOW! The sheep, goats, and pigs in the Affection Station are adorable and now I find myself talking to them where it just used to be the husband. And the mural once you walk into Conservation Station should be looked quite closely.

On the same level - Flights of Wonder. Again, avoided it since I thought it was "just another bird show". Oh man, it's not. We see it every trip now. Birds doing what is natural but teaching us things and with humor. And a good poke about tour groups!
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
tentaguasu
Mouseketeer

Glad you brought Rafiki up. I always intend to give it a try, but time gets short and I remember the not very flattering description from the unofficial guide...

But based on your description I think I'd like it.

Still cool even without the vet procedure, right?

Last edited by tentaguasu; 06-09-2013 at 08:09 AM.
tentaguasu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: