Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #31
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Did you say cupcake?? I'm in! There's so many things to love about WDW but cupcakes are especially smile-worthy!

Enjoy your trip!
emmysmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #32
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

I am back and ready to join in on another trip. I can't wait to hear about the AK CL. It is ones place besides the Poly that DH really wants to stay. Oh and I can't wait to hear about cupcakes too!

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #33
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I just finished your last TR and I'm all in for this one too. Hooray!

-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #34
MainStreetFireman
DIS Veteran

Nothing like the anticipation of a new trip! Yay for you!

AGP -- As a former CM with current CM connections, I was wondering if you will be able to use the new Magic Band on your trip. That would be neat to hear about, for sure.

A personal request -- Last time we were there, the Main Street Firehouse had been converted to a "Sorcerers" outpost, moving all Fire Dept. themed merchandise out. If you see any new FD merch., could you mention where it's living now? Thanks!

Have a great time!

I've been BOOed by iloveeeyore
MainStreetFireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #35
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eight View Post
Aloha!

Long time lurker here, like, really long, so I figured I should probably say hello at least once! I've always enjoyed your TRs, so I'm looking forward to another. I'm not the best at consistent commenting, but I'll be reading along for sure.

I hope it's a wonderful trip!
HOORAY! Thank you for reading along and thank you so much for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carable View Post
So, so excited to see you are doing a new TR. I've read a few of your others and I love your insight. Have a wonderful trip!
Welcome back!! And thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Hooray, another snobbish TR! Can't wait to read all about it!
Yay! Glad to see you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M303871 View Post
Fantastic, I can not wait. Also looking forward to the vloggs the ones from Europe were great and we will not be back untill November.

M303871
Awww, it's so great to hear you enjoyed the vlogs! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Yay! Can't wait for another snobbish TR. Longtime lurker here (just followed you on Twitter too), thought I'd finally check in.
Thanks for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebbradley View Post
Awesome! I love following your TR's!

I've got one started as well, feel free to stop on by!
I'll have to check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
This is going to be good!
Love Strawberry!
and AKL CL rules
I'm sure there will be plenty of appearances by the strawberry. Ahhhhh...and the AKL club is one of the very best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
Joining in! I love your other trip reports and cant wait for this one too I wish I was gonna be there in a week
WELCOME! Thanks for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybound08 View Post
Following along, a longtime lurker of your trip reports. I just love your writing style. I also follow you on twitter, can't wait for the updates to begin, thanks for sharing with us!
Thanks for coming out of lurkdom - so glad you're enjoying the trippies! And I'm sure there will be plenty of tweets!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debelfish View Post
I followed all of your previous trip reports but since I am leaving for WDW in a little over a week I thought now is the time. I might just see you in the parks! Have a great trip!!
Sending pixie dust your way for a great trip, and it's always fun to run into DISers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdd View Post
Hello I just followed the link from your most recent trippie, and yay, I think I made the first page

I love Jane Austen too! (my only complaint is that she didn't write more books) And the Poly is my favorite resort - just 70 short days until our third stay at the King Kamehameha (I probably spelled that wrong). But I have to say, I have NEVER had a cupcake at Disney!! Maybe have to remedy that in August....

Looking forward to coming along for the ride!
You made it! I know...I wish there were more Austen books as well. Whenever I finish re-reading one her novels and start reading something else, it's just never nearly as good! Have you read Lady Susan? That's a great one apart from the main six. Snd you should definitey try a Disney cupcake at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to read all about it!
AGPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #36
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Can't wait to read about your trip !!
Thanks!! Glad to see you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRiley1985 View Post
You had me at "CUPCAKE." I'm in!
LOVE IT. I'm all about the cupcakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaNani View Post
Joining in! Looking forward to reading about your trip!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellegirl View Post
Disney and cupcake - who could ask for anything more????? Can't wait to read this trip report!
I KNOW - that is exactly how I feel. Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Potts View Post
I'm in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceLuvTheMouse View Post
Joining in! Can't wait to read all about your trip! I'm with you on the cupcakes; Starring Rolls has some good ones
I do love Starring Rolls...the butterfinger may be my favorite of all Disney cupcakes. But I'd better reserve judgement, cause I can't wait to try some of the new ones out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Let's get Snobby up in here! Bring on Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to hear about your trip! And I just followed you on Twitter (I'm minnie_ears on there!)
Yay! Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Joining in. I leave on Friday morning for a week at Disney. Our trips may overlap. Have fun!
You're right! So you leave TOMORROW - so exciting!! Hope you have a fabulous time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosam View Post
Love the poster!!! Have fun on your trip. Looking forward to following along!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Yay for cupcakes! I've only tried one cupcake at WDW and that was the peanut butter and chocolate one at Starring Rolls. I'd like to try some more!

And maybe a possible a DIS meet?
For sure! I'll keep an eye on your twitter and hopefully one of our park days will overlap. It would be so fun to see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipadeepixie View Post
Yay! Another trip report. Yours are the only ones I read! They are THAT good!
Oh my goodness, thank you so much!!!! I am so glad you're enjoying them. Great to see you on the new thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferreich View Post
Wonderful! I look forward to reading about your trip!
And thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc at last ! View Post
I do enjoy reading your TR's
and I am looking forward to the next.
Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookersdis View Post
Cupcakes -- yay!! Disney - -yay!! Snob -- yay!!

Old 06-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #37
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Did you say cupcake?? I'm in! There's so many things to love about WDW but cupcakes are especially smile-worthy!

Enjoy your trip!
You are so right - there's something about that combination of WDW and cupcakes that is just extra magical! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
I am back and ready to join in on another trip. I can't wait to hear about the AK CL. It is ones place besides the Poly that DH really wants to stay. Oh and I can't wait to hear about cupcakes too!
Welcome back!! Glad to see you! The Polynesian will always be my top resort, but the AKL comes in a close second. They have a really lovely club too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I just finished your last TR and I'm all in for this one too. Hooray!
YAY - welcome back! I so enjoyed all the tweets from your trip - can't wait to read your new TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreetFireman View Post
AGP -- As a former CM with current CM connections, I was wondering if you will be able to use the new Magic Band on your trip. That would be neat to hear about, for sure.

A personal request -- Last time we were there, the Main Street Firehouse had been converted to a "Sorcerers" outpost, moving all Fire Dept. themed merchandise out. If you see any new FD merch., could you mention where it's living now? Thanks!

Have a great time!
I will definitely be on the lookout for the magic bands -- I think I read you could pick the colored ones up somewhere over in Epcot, so will have to investigate that! Will be on the lookout for FD merch as well!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #38
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
You made it! I know...I wish there were more Austen books as well. Whenever I finish re-reading one her novels and start reading something else, it's just never nearly as good! Have you read Lady Susan? That's a great one apart from the main six. Snd you should definitey try a Disney cupcake at some point.
No, I never heard of Lady Susan! Not doing my homework I guess . Oh, and I was just at the library this morning....have to go back Putting the Starring Rolls cupcake on my snack list...
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR
jdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #39
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Disney Wardrobe Decisions

We are now FIVE days away from WALT DISNEY WORLD, and I am just about freaking out. I can't wait!!

This morning I put on the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack and started on my packing, trying to get all my outfits sorted out.

I don't know about you, but planning the Disney wardrobe is a big part of the fun of the Disney anticipation for me. I may or may not have a whole board on Pinterest dedicated to it.

For months beforehand, I'm always thinking Disney when I go shopping. When I look at skirts and shirts, I don't see patterns or colors or cut - I see resorts, restaurants, and parks!

For instance, my new crocs aren't leopard print shoes. They're ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE shoes.

Then I'm thinking Grand Floridian with the pink and peach flowers on those sandals.

And whenever I see anything remotely tropical, I immediately envisage myself wearing it at the Polynesian:

Like this shirt I found the other day at Kohl's. It's just tropical all day. Like a Polynesian EXPLOSION. On a shirt. I love it.

My love of Disney wardrobe planning is, I think, an inherited trait. My Mama Snob loves it too. She always finds THE cutest things for my little brother Dart. Often she'll hang up one of his Florida shirts on the closet door months before the trip, because then everytime you see it you remember there's a Disney trip coming up!

This one is so vacation-y. "Surf more. Sleep less."

And he's got an awesome explorer shirt ready for the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I love the browns. I have a long brown dress (found it on sale at Anthropolgoie - woot woot!) that I'm planning to wear that day...

[

I wore it on the Europe trip on our Versailles day. We wandered around Marie Antoinette's Hamlet, and I felt like I'd stepped into Belle's village! It was perfect with a sweater for a chilly March day in France, and I'm hoping it won't be too bad in the Florida heat (it does have short sleeves). We'll probably just be hanging out in the AC at the resort on one of the AKL days anyway. AND I found the perfect leopard print belt to wear with it!

I just love dresses and skirts. I'm planning to wear this dress (another Kohl's find) on our first day at the Magic Kingdom!

Because why not use a Disney vacation as an excuse to dress up? Some day I'd like to go to one of those Dapper Days at the parks. They sound awesome.

Some more of my Disney shirts! The "It Girl" one was too cute to pass up. I feel like I should wear it to Hollywood Studios.

Here's one of my favorite shirts - it's so flowy and pretty! Haven't quite decided where to wear it yet though...hmmmmm....

Dart is wearing this shirt to breakfast at Cape May Cafe. I can't WAIT; it has been so long since we did breakfast there! And those bright colors will match the outfits Minnie and Goofy and the chipmunks wear there, right? I have a skirt that kinda matches Dart's shirt...

Only I can't decide which shirt to wear with it! A navy Target find or an orange Kohl's find? I love the detail on the orange one...

Decisions, decisions!

But this is the fun part, getting everything planned and all the outfits laid out. And then when you get back from the trip, you always remember where at Disney you wore a certain piece. It takes you back every time you wear it again.

Disney Packing Vlog: http://youtu.be/PsmG_eonMrw

Old 06-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #40
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Wow, so many cute outfits to chose from! I just pack all Disney t-shirts & shorts, makes packing easy.
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #41
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Disney wardrobe planning? Yep, you remind me of me and my sister! But, I completely slacked on that this most recent trip 2 weeks ago!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #42
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post

LOVE it!
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #43
Mom2m&k
Mouseketeer

You are just too cute! Excited for another trip report and all your great pictures! Your outfits are adorable...even if I can't imagine wearing a dress to a park! I always bring one and then never wear it.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #44
FlaNani
Mouseketeer

I vote for the orange shirt with the pretty skirt!

FlaNani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #45
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

What a fun wardrobe-planning post! I'm looking forward to another report...

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: