Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
trickiwoo
Talk Disney To Me!

How late can you add an extra person to your stateroom?

DH & I are going on a cruise with my parents late September. My parents just told me that my brother is interested in going with us, but he's not sure if he will be able to or not.

My parents were wondering what is the latest they would be able to add him to their stateroom?
trickiwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
NY Disney fan
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't wait on this. I wanted to add someone to my stateroom and they said it was not possible because my cruise was full.
NY Disney fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #3
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

It will all depend on availability - technically, he could be added the day before sail date (by phone) but I wouldn't count on availability that close. To add him to your parents' stateroom there has to be space at that particular muster station, though they might be able to change rooms if there is space for 3 somewhere else and they are willing to change rooms. I'd suggest adding him as soon as possible. When will he know for sure? Is it before or after the PIF date? If before the PIF date, no harm to remove him if needed. If after, there will be a penalty depending on how close to the cruise date.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

The problem comes in how full your Muster station is. Once they hit the capacity on those boats it doesn't matter if you have room in your cabin or not. However, if they do have room in the boats and your cabin has space, you could add him up to within a day or so (you'd have to call). You could add him now and you have up until 75 days out to cancel him off without a penalty at all.

I'm not even sure how they handle a third person but even after the 75 day mark and I think it's 45 days you'd only lose his portion of the deposit.

If there is a good chance he might go, I'd add him now and then re-address it just prior to the PIF date.
Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
trickiwoo
Talk Disney To Me!

Thanks for your help everyone!!!
trickiwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #6
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

I think it also depends on the kind of room you get too. We had a VGT so the sooner we could add them to our room, the better considering 3 occupancy vs 2 and considering the different room categories...

18 Pounds Lost since Dec 24!

~04/13 DCL Dream & WDW~ ~02/13 CCL Dream & WDW~ ~02/12 CCL Conquest~ ~02/11 CCL Triumph~ ~01/07 CCL Holiday~ ~12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii~~6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal~ ~99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ ~93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib.~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

They need to do it as soon as they know they want to. It's not just an issue of the entire cruise being full...if their muster station is full, they will not be able to add another person to their stateroom.

I would call to do it, as I called awhile back to add my parents to a room, and they said I couldn't do it, but that turned out to be because the stateroom was listed on early dining and there was no more room in early dining. Changed to late dining and got the parents added in.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #8
allison0523
Mouseketeer

I agree with what everyone else said but I wanted to let you know that we just added a fourth person to our June 27th 3 night Dream cruise. I originally booked a 7A GTY for 3, then my cousin wanted to go. I called and tried to add her 3 weeks ago and was told I could do it but it would cost $1000 because I had to go up to a 6B for everyone. I said no because I felt $1000 was too high and kept checking for online availability for a 7A for 4 people. Last week one came available and I called and added the 4th person to the room for $600. Bottom line is that it depends on what's available, whether there is room in the muster station and/or kids club and what type of room you booked. Might be better to add him now and buy trip insurance to cover a cancellation (depending on whether it would be a covered reason). Good luck!
allison0523 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: