DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
newyorkmike
Mike

Annual Pass Renewal: Policy Change?

I just got off the phone with Member Services and am very disappointed. Our extended family of 9 had a trip originally planned for the first week of May that we had to move to the end of June. 8 of our 9 family members have Annual Passes (5 DVC, 3 non-DVC), with the ninth being a toddler that doesn't turn 3 until July. All of our annual passes expire at varying times from May 3-27.

I called Member Services in April after we changed our travel plans to inquire how we could renew our passes when we would not be in the parks before they expired. I was told we had until June 3 to renew at the renewal rate, and created a calender reminder and was on the phone with Member Services at 9 this morning.

First, with respect to our 2 passes that expired May 3, the Member Services CM said we were 31 days out and therefore could not renew. In addition, our other 3 DVC passes could not be renewed at the discount renewal rate because effective with a ticket policy change that went into effect yesterday, there is no longer a 30 day grace period to renew and get the benefit of the discount rate even though we are less than 30 days after those expirations. I asked to speak to a supervisor and did so, but was told the same thing. My brother just got off the phone with regular Disney customer service and was told the same thing for their non-DVC annual passes.

I plan on calling back later today to see if I have any better luck with a different CM/supervisor. I also plan on e-mailing customer service about this. If this is the new policy, our family is inclined to skip the Disney parks entirely and do Universal and Sea World instead. We haven't told the kids about Disney yet so they won't feel disappointed with a change in plans.

I hope this post is helpful to those with passes that will expire soon.
newyorkmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkmike View Post
I just got off the phone with Member Services and am very disappointed. Our extended family of 9 had a trip originally planned for the first week of May that we had to move to the end of June. 8 of our 9 family members have Annual Passes (5 DVC, 3 non-DVC), with the ninth being a toddler that doesn't turn 3 until July. All of our annual passes expire at varying times from May 3-27.

I called Member Services in April after we changed our travel plans to inquire how we could renew our passes when we would not be in the parks before they expired. I was told we had until June 3 to renew at the renewal rate, and created a calender reminder and was on the phone with Member Services at 9 this morning.

First, with respect to our 2 passes that expired May 3, the Member Services CM said we were 31 days out and therefore could not renew. In addition, our other 3 DVC passes could not be renewed at the discount renewal rate because effective with a ticket policy change that went into effect yesterday, there is no longer a 30 day grace period to renew and get the benefit of the discount rate even though we are less than 30 days after those expirations. I asked to speak to a supervisor and did so, but was told the same thing. My brother just got off the phone with regular Disney customer service and was told the same thing for their non-DVC annual passes.

I plan on calling back later today to see if I have any better luck with a different CM/supervisor. I also plan on e-mailing customer service about this. If this is the new policy, our family is inclined to skip the Disney parks entirely and do Universal and Sea World instead. We haven't told the kids about Disney yet so they won't feel disappointed with a change in plans.

I hope this post is helpful to those with passes that will expire soon.
I'm a little confused by your post, so are you saying you now have to renew your pass BEFORE it expires or else it isn't eligible for renewal?
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
erionm
DIS Veteran

From the passholder webpage:
Quote:
Renewal Information

When you renew your Walt Disney World Annual Pass, you can keep the fun going all year long and enjoy exclusive events, Passholder discounts and all the magic of our Disney theme parks.

Plus, you receive a renewal discount when you renew your Walt Disney World Annual Pass. Passes may be renewed up to 60 days before or up to 30 days after your Anniversary Date. But don't delay! Because whether you renew by your Anniversary Date or any time up to 30 days after, your renewal Pass will still expire 12 months after your original anniversary date.

Florida residents can take advantage of our easy and convenient monthly payment program  and when Florida residents renew they don't need to make a down payment!

To pay in full, you can renew online or renew at any Walt Disney World theme park ticket window. You can also call (407) 560-PASS or (407) 560-7277. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Did you purchase a new pass or convert your pass to one of the new cards after March 19, 2013?
As we prepare to roll out MyMagic+ enhancements for your enjoyment later this year, we ask that you please renew your pass at any Walt Disney World Theme Park or Downtown Disney ticket sales location.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
newyorkmike
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post

I'm a little confused by your post, so are you saying you now have to renew your pass BEFORE it expires or else it isn't eligible for renewal?
That is c
What we were told. The CM would not allow us the renewal rate for My son's pass that expired May 17 and my parent's passes that expired last week.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
Rob S.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is c
What we were told. The CM would not allow us the renewal rate for My son's pass that expired May 17 and my parent's passes that expired last week.
Have you tried renewing on the AP website? That's what I always do.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S. View Post
Have you tried renewing on the AP website? That's what I always do.
This will only be an option if they still have the tyvek (paper) passes. Once you convert to the RFID cards you are unable to renew online or by phone.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #7
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
This will only be an option if they still have the tyvek (paper) passes. Once you convert to the RFID cards you are unable to renew online or by phone.
So if you have an RFID AP now, you have no recourse to renew unless you are physically at Disney when your pass expires?
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #8
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
So if you have an RFID AP now, you have no recourse to renew unless you are physically at Disney when your pass expires?
If that's the case, that's a DUMB change! We are rarely at WDW when our APs need to be renewed. Our usual modus operendi is to just buy completely new passes right before the next planned trip after expiration though anyway. I don't need to pay for 6 months I'm not traveling to Disney.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #9
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Currently, yes. To renew online or by phone you need to Ticket Code which the RFID passes don't have. The image sample below is what's needed to renew online. Not sure if the ability to renew online will come back as they finalize the MyMagic+ roll out or not.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #10
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
Currently, yes. To renew online or by phone you need to Ticket Code which the RFID passes don't have. The image sample below is what's needed to renew online. Not sure if the ability to renew online will come back as they finalize the MyMagic+ roll out or not.

Did you try calling the passholder number? 407-560-7277

I offen renew my passes. I will be following this new policy.

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #11
JWG
DIS Veteran

I feel like this continues to reinforce the idea that WDW doesn't like passholders.

JWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #12
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

I'd call the AP numbrr back. They can get incorrect info.

Also even if it is the same answer inquire about renewing when you arrive or even in a week. Sometimes it's the computers sales that have not been set up correctly and that starts getting translated into "policy change".

Last edited by KAT4DISNEY; 06-03-2013 at 12:35 PM.
KAT4DISNEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #13
newyorkmike
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
I'd call the AP numbrr back. They can get incorrect info.

Also even if it is the same answer inquire about renewing when you arrive or even in a week. Sometimes it's the computers sales that have not been set up correctly and that starts getting translated into "policy change".
We called the passholder number again. For our non-dvc premium APs that expired last week, we were able to reach a manager who said we could renew those at the renewal rate. No problem there.

For our DVC premium AP's that expired May 17 and last week, we were told we had to go through DVC member services to renew. We called member services again and spoke to a manager again and were told again we could not renew our DVC passes because they expired and the new policy in effect as of yesterday eliminated the 30 day grace period to renew and the system would not allow for anyone to be "grandfathered"
Old 06-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #14
DVCismyhappyplace
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We called the passholder number again. For our non-dvc premium APs that expired last week, we were able to reach a manager who said we could renew those at the renewal rate. No problem there.

For our DVC premium AP's that expired May 17 and last week, we were told we had to go through DVC member services to renew. We called member services again and spoke to a manager again and were told again we could not renew our DVC passes because they expired and the new policy in effect as of yesterday eliminated the 30 day grace period to renew and the system would not allow for anyone to be "grandfathered"
I'd keep calling and demand to be passed "up the food chain" From the DVC member website just now:

What if I need to renew my Pass?
Please contact Member Services by calling (800) ********* to process the purchase for you, or visit a Guest Relations location at any Walt Disney World Theme Park or the Downtown Disney area to purchase a Pass. To take advantage of renewal savings, renewals can be purchased 30 days prior to or 30 days after the expiration date. Limit 8 purchases per household.

There must be a system in place for the renewal to occur at the lower rate.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #15
wishicouldgomoreofte
Mouseketeer

Mike,
Everything I read online still says 30 days after expiration date. You can renew online.
Give it a try online. It certainly can't hurt to try.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: