Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 11:31 PM   #1
mickey+minnie91
Mouseketeer

Rope Drop

Where is the rope drop in DCA and DL? When can you enter into either park? The park open time states 8 am. Does that mean you can enter prior to that and line up inside for rope drop?
Dance competition March/April 2015
Past Trips: 4th of July 2013 Christmas Day 2011 Cheer comp March 2010 November 2008 July 2007Aug 2005 Nov 2004-DS 4th bday "My Disneyland Birthday partySept 2001-DD 4th bday DS 1st trip March 1998-DD 1st trip June 1990-Engagement
Grad Night 1988
mickey+minnie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #2
Greg K.
Happy DVC Member, DIS Vet, and Catholic Deacon

Dca...

The rope drop at DCA is actually a "hose drop" -- they use what looks like the hose for a gas pump, to fit with the Cars Land theme .

When we were there last week, they let you in to the park about 15 minutes before actual opening time, and people were collected at the "hose drop" point which is next to the Carthay Circle, just before the Bugs Land entrance, almost at the location where you can get the Fast Pass for RSR.

When they drop the hose, they walk you down to Route 66 and guide you toward RSR.

Next trip: July 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Others over the years: Beach Club Villas - Board Walk Inn - Disney Magic - Coronado Springs - Disneyland Hotel - Saratoga Springs - Bay Lake Tower - Contemporary
--

"Bidden or not bidden, God is present."

Visit: "The Deacon's Bench"
Greg K. is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2013, 12:17 AM   #3
aussie shaz
DIS Veteran

Disneyland rope drop is at the end of Main St, near Coke corner.
They let us in about 30 mins before official opening.
Oh, just remembered. A couple of days they had rope drop at each of the lands. Not sure when or why they do/do not do rope drop.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #4
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

it depends if you are going to be there for MM or not. I can't speak for rope drop at DCA as the last time I was there was before CarsLand/Buena Vista street opened and there really wan't a "rope drop". I have experianced rope drop for both normal park entry and MM at Disneyland. For normal entry the gates opened approx 30 mins before official opening time. City Hall was open, not too sure about the shops, but we were "held" at the end by the Coke Corner. They played the little welcome to Disneyland song and away everyone went in their different directions. For MM, they had a seperate line to go in. You were supposed to get a little pass at the gates that said your ticket had been used for MM, once you got to the end of main street they were directing any people using their MM to the right, by the carnation cafe. Here they checked the pass you were given at the gates (however I somehow missed getting one of these and I was still able to enter with the CM checking my ticket and seeing it was valid for MM. From there you count continue around to the right or go straight ahead-ish to Fantasyland. There were CM's at the entrances to the other lands to stop people from entering until park opening.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: