Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2014, 04:20 PM   #871
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMagic View Post
Hi! I took a whole bottle of Malibu rum onto CC and brought back what was left...
You're not supposed to bring alcohol onto Castaway Cay? What else do they think we're gonna drink in our cabana?!

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:25 PM   #872
wdwwishes
DIS Veteran

My kiddos used an unreserved cabana on CC.
A.K.L. 2008, 2011
Poly 2009
Wilderness Lodge 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
The Wonder 2007, 2009, 2011
The Fantasy 2013
The Dream 2014
The Magic 2015
wdwwishes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2014, 06:35 PM   #873
aggroamerican
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwwishes View Post
My kiddos used an unreserved cabana on CC.
Sorry, this bugs me. The cabanas are expensive and highly sought after. I know this thread is all in good fun but I kinda feel like this is not right.
aggroamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:05 PM   #874
BeachMagic
New Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
You're not supposed to bring alcohol onto Castaway Cay? What else do they think we're gonna drink in our cabana?!
Nope! If you bring alcohol onto the ship, you are only suppose to consume it within your stateroom and not in public areas.
However, about the cabana... I guess that would be considered private?
Old 05-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #875
Cats12
Mouseketeer

Running!

I'm not quite through reading all of these yet, but here's my confession. We like the front of deck 5 on the Magic/Wonder. We usually come up the middle stairs and there is this big wide hallway used as the emergency exit for the theater that's usually deserted that takes us toward our room. Our kids (now 7 and 4) LOVE to run to the end of it, and I let 'em. It's one of the greatest memories from our cruises. There, I said it, and I feel better.

Cats12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #876
Cptnkirky
Mouseketeer

plates

So now we have been on our first DC, I have to say.... we have a small collection of plates from the buffet and quick service windows. Small plates, large plates and a kids plate. We use them all the time! Just loved the designs
(...and a silver paintbrush looking butter knife )

Cast Member 2003-2009
BCV May 2014
AoA/DCLF Oct 2013
ASM/SSR June 2012
PQRS Aug 2011
VWL May 2010
SSR Sept 2009
POR June 2009
AKL May 2009
SSR Aug 2008
VBR March 2008
CSR Feb 2007
and many more.... CBR, POFQ, etc, etc, etc...
Cptnkirky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:24 PM   #877
snarfieca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalley1118 View Post
I'm not a great fan of pirate night either...thought I was the only one!
Add me to the list of not Pirate Night fans. We did go up on deck to see the fireworks as our previous 2 cruises were to Alaska.

Brenda
from MB
snarfieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #878
brianvdb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptnkirky View Post
So now we have been on our first DC, I have to say.... we have a small collection of plates from the buffet and quick service windows. Small plates, large plates and a kids plate. We use them all the time! Just loved the designs

Sounds like theft.
brianvdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #879
CBass
Intergalactic VP of Family Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggroamerican View Post
Sorry, this bugs me. The cabanas are expensive and highly sought after. I know this thread is all in good fun but I kinda feel like this is not right.
This doesn't bug me in particular especially if the cabana was unreserved. I think the bigger question or rather mystery is how in the world did a cabana go unreserved on Castaway Cay? That's impossible......mind=blown.
CBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #880
Angiedee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptnkirky View Post
guilty love my knife
Angiedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:24 PM   #881
snarfieca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dexter View Post
Thanks for the comment on Palo, I thought maybe I was the only one that wasn't impressed with it. We regularly eat a very nice places in our town and in Las Vegas and others, so I was really looking forward to it. I just wasn't impressed at all. Our server went on and on about how many hours he works (he didn't realize he was talking to a couple of tax accountants and this was right after tax season, we put in multiple 100 hour weeks). We felt bad that we might be causing him more work. The other thing was the dress code, I understood that men needed to have a jacket on there, I was one of only a few that actually had one on, I was suprised. We were on the WBPC Cruise, we had supper and brunch at Palo. We actually ate at Palo on the exact day of our 25th wedding anniversary, and we were both disappointed that they did absolutely nothing for our big day, nothing, I mentioned it to them when we sat down. Everyone goes on and on about Palo, I know we won't do it again.

We went to Palo on the exact night of our anniversary also and they did nothing foe us either. We were less than impressed. We haven't gone back for supper since. We've gone to brunch and have had great service and meals.

Brenda
from MB
Old 05-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #882
phinz
12 Volt Man

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and Southeast of Disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarfieca View Post
We went to Palo on the exact night of our anniversary also and they did nothing foe us either. We were less than impressed. We haven't gone back for supper since. We've gone to brunch and have had great service and meals.

Brenda
from MB
Remy did special stuff for our anniversary. The dessert had Happy Anniversary written on the plate, and they acknowledged at the very beginning that it was our anniversary. There's a chance the concierge hosts may have called ahead, though. I do know that they called Remy after they got notice of a medical stop in the Turks & Caicos. I had been having very bad anxiety issues, the symptoms of which tend to manifest themselves in ways that resemble heart attack signs, so they wanted to make sure that it wasn't me. They told me one of them would have accompanied me to the tender if it had been.

Palo didn't require a jacket when we went. Just a collared shirt and pants. Remy required the jacket.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:46 PM   #883
snarfieca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
We don't like the choc soufflé at Palo either. In fact, we tell them to please NOT bring it. We've had them bring it out without us asking and it gets wasted. We tried it 3 different times. Just not for us. (We MUCH prefer the Grand Marnier soufflé!)
Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I don't line the Chocolate Souffle either. Actually I didn't know what to do with it.
(venting time) Actually that time we went to supper was on the night of our Anniversary. We had told them about it. We were kind of stuck in a secluded table in a corner (not a good secluded). I order rack of lamb which I didn't know how to eat. We were quite ignored by our server except for getting our orders and delivering our food. When I got the soufflé I had no idea what to do with the cream and chocolate sauce. (vent over) I feel so much better.

Also on that cruise we had brunch at Palo's and felt quite rushed. I had received my hot item right after I sat down with my cold buffet items. On our next cruise, we took control of when we got our items and it was so much better. They treated us the way we felt the service should be.

Brenda
from MB
Old 05-08-2014, 12:16 PM   #884
Mickeys Carol
Mouseketeer

My confession is on our first cruise on the Wonder, we took the hard back book that was in the room, home with us. It is a great book with loads of Disney Cruise information in it. When my husband saw it, he immediately said, "did you steal that?" I thought it was something I could take home..yikes..
Mickeys Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:58 AM   #885
elmo2200
cruisey moms choose DIS!!

I embarrass my family taking pictures of the public bathrooms. BTW, once we had a room near the stairs to the theater so I would just run down to the "spare" bathroom.
Also, I only go to the fitness area to use the showers in the locker room. I actually feel guilty when I walk in without workout clothes. (they are so much nicer!)
I saw a youtube video of the game where you get into teams and do funny stuff so I was prepared to give DH an item of my clothing.
Lastly, we have a veranda cabin for our next cruise...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: