Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2014, 12:21 AM   #841
nene0182
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post
Now that I have been on the Dream I will NEVER eat in Animators on rotation night again on the new ships. I found the crush thing soooooooo annoying while I am trying to eat. Crush tried to talk to me and finally I got so annoyed I said please be quiet I am trying to eat. Oh how I hated that place. Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
We did not enjoy that night either. I found the whole Crush thing too loud and overwhelming.

CSR- 10/2012
nene0182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:03 PM   #842
Nax
Mouseketeer

I've spent the last 2 days reading all 56 pages of this thread... I've laughed, I've empathized, I've been annoyed... And I've laughed more! I now know I'm not alone with some of my confessions.

I've never been to Disney land, Disney world or any Orlando park. I've never cruised anything but the Dream. (Until 8/2015 for our Fantasy cruise.)

We joined the verandah club on our first cruise and I expect to renew my membership each cruise.

I brought corona on my last cruise and drank it wherever whenever. ( it seems to blend in since it's sold on board)

DW brought sand home from CC, in a small bottle we got in our FE. (Against my recommendation)

Our home dinnerware includes a paintbrush butter knife (just like the ones in AP)

I have no intention of trying Palo/Remy/etc. partially cause I'm cheap, but mostly cause I cruise with my family, so I enjoy dining with my
family.

It is MY OPINION that if you don't enjoy the characters, music, themed restaurants or other Disney magic, maybe you belong on carnival.

My (special needs) son tripped an emergency system going into RP last year on the dream, closing the doors as people were entering

I love the bathroom mirror with the mini magnifying mirror in it

I don't remember any servers' names, much less keep in touch with them. Partially due to the thick accents ours have had. Our last cruise I had trouble understanding some of his English and his overall tone was dismissive.

I must plead the fifth on a couple other counts, due to possible penalty of law or moral police.

additionally, after reading everything and knowing how great the service is (99% of the time) it seems like the staff almost cannot tell guests "no" or correct them. Operating on something of an honor system, where if you know you should dress a certain way, pay a cork fee, not steal or not drink somewhere, they aren't allowed to tell you you're wrong. Further ensuring you have a great time and possibly earning them better tips or ratings.

Btw, I've been allowed to do the Mickey slide, due to DS's disorder- lemonade from lemons in my book

Nax is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2014, 09:24 PM   #843
rubberbootbunny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nax View Post

I must plead the fifth on a couple other counts, due to possible penalty of law or moral police.

Last edited by rubberbootbunny; 04-27-2014 at 01:15 AM.
rubberbootbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:10 PM   #844
jcota
Earning My Ears

I was going to try to convince the wifey for the veranda club on our last cruise. However when she saw the cameras on the side of the ship, she immediately balked and went inside. So I mooned the camera and went back inside. I am sure that the folks next door heard me carrying on like a 16 year old on the deck. Then I broke my toe when I hit the chair on the deck... I am sure that they thought I was a raging lunatic.

Can't wait til next June (15) to take our next cruise!!
jcota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:28 PM   #845
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

My confession ~ the whole verandah club grosses me out. I keep thinking about those uncomfortable chairs and tables. My nephew barfed on our verandah chair, so take that for what it's worth. Not much, just me and that picture and smell in my head! LOL

Anyhoo, aren't those beds so comfy. Yums.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western

Last edited by PizzieDuster; 04-26-2014 at 11:39 PM.
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:05 AM   #846
snchpnz
Mouseketeer

I'm a towel stealer. They aren't very good towels but I like the Disney Cruise Line logo on them. I do the same thing at hotels too. I usually take one after every stay. Anything with a logo goes home with me too.
snchpnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:27 AM   #847
melissalee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post
Louisiana roll call? I'm in New Orleans and will be sailing on the Fantasy in Nov. We've sailed on all 3 other ships. Sent from my IPad using DisBoards.
New Orleans here! ( well Gretna!) DH and I are out in east bay right now being travel nurses.
melissalee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:59 PM   #848
Nax
Mouseketeer

Oh, and ever since I got home from our first cruise in 2012, I've felt like Locke from LOST... "We've gotta get back to the island!"

Nax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:27 PM   #849
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
My confession ~ the whole verandah club grosses me out. I keep thinking about those uncomfortable chairs and tables. My nephew barfed on our verandah chair, so take that for what it's worth. Not much, just me and that picture and smell in my head! LOL Anyhoo, aren't those beds so comfy. Yums.
I have to admit I also have been wondering about this logistics of this.... Uncomfortable chairs? Standing? Am I putting too much thought into this? :D

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:31 PM   #850
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Jax View Post
I have to admit I also have been wondering about this logistics of this.... Uncomfortable chairs? Standing? Am I putting too much thought into this? :D
NO! You just posted the same thing I was thinking. Maybe, if I were ten *cough 20* years younger? With some clean towels?
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Old 04-27-2014, 08:35 PM   #851
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Jax View Post
We aren't members (yet...) but I would guess many may join in a way that Bill Clinton might argue does not qualify.

AZMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:40 PM   #852
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZMermaid View Post
We aren't members (yet...) but I would guess many may join in a way that Bill Clinton might argue does not qualify.
Ha! ...makes sense!

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:42 AM   #853
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZMermaid View Post
I mean, wrong icon, I'm going to get banned.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:32 AM   #854
WickedDreamer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
My confession ~ the whole verandah club grosses me out. I keep thinking about those uncomfortable chairs and tables. My nephew barfed on our verandah chair, so take that for what it's worth. Not much, just me and that picture and smell in my head! LOL

Anyhoo, aren't those beds so comfy. Yums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcota View Post
I was going to try to convince the wifey for the veranda club on our last cruise. However when she saw the cameras on the side of the ship, she immediately balked and went inside. So I mooned the camera and went back inside. I am sure that the folks next door heard me carrying on like a 16 year old on the deck. Then I broke my toe when I hit the chair on the deck... I am sure that they thought I was a raging lunatic.

Can't wait til next June (15) to take our next cruise!!
I just have to ask, what is the Verandah Club??
Twitter:WickedDreamer
WickedDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:41 AM   #855
reimero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedDreamer View Post
I just have to ask, what is the Verandah Club??
It's like the Mile High Club, but instead of, um, "getting intimate" on an airplane, you do so on a cruise ship verandah.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: