Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2014, 09:24 PM   #826
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznymom

The Veranda Club is similar to the Mile High Club. You exercise your marital rights / activities on the veranda..........usually at sea and at night.
Our neighbors one cruise missed the at night part, and didn't seem to mind that DW was laying out on our verandah next to them, or that she was making enough noise to let them know she was out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Note2 using DISBoards
Snurk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:28 PM   #827
tonjo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznymom View Post
DH likes to sit on the veranda and enjoy his coffee in the very early morning...au naturel. Usually no one is up and about yet while he is doing this. However, the young adult woman next door decided to poker her head around the barrier one morning, and exclaimed to the world..."Oh, my god, he's n@ked!!!!".
LMAO!!! That's what she gets for being nosey!
tonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2014, 08:19 AM   #828
DisneYE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurk71 View Post
Our neighbors one cruise missed the at night part, and didn't seem to mind that DW was laying out on our verandah next to them, or that she was making enough noise to let them know she was out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Note2 using DISBoards
LOL...that's so cool...I'd have leaned against the rail as if watching the ocean and made sure they'd seen me and wait for the reaction..
I like the veranda club name but not as much as mile high club.
should be re christened to something like the open seas club or the high ocean club.. would be fun with kids coming back from the clubs: "daddy the oceaneers club was awesome, what did you and mommy do?... we joined a club too, the high oceans club"...
Old 04-02-2014, 10:21 AM   #829
jlemieu1
DIS Veteran

If you give a gift to your concierge staff it might be re-gifted

On my last cruise I was sitting in the CL on the Fantasy talk to one of the concierge staff because I wanted to show them a cool new hand painted bottle of tequila(Maestro Tequilero). I was told to hold on a sec by the CS and he comes back with a VERY nice bottle of tequila and gave it to me. I was told they can accept liquor as a gift but the person that gave it to them would not allow them to give it back.
.... many other .....
10/01 - RCL - VoS 3nts. - honeymoon
09/00 - MK - Proposal
jlemieu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:42 AM   #830
Mickeys Carol
Mouseketeer

I have gotten a lot of good needed laughs out of this thread.. Keep it coming.
Mickeys Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:58 AM   #831
LLMDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post
I am with you in regards to Pirate Night. Time for it to go bye bye. As for sailaway, been there done that but I think its good for first time cruisers. I am usually at the hot tub. Ok as for my confessions. I can't stand Animators Palette. Now I have only been on the classics, but if you know anything about stage lighting you will know how it's done and it's the oldest trick in the book. Simple change from foreground to background lighting. Ho hum. I so think Palo dinner is way, way, way overrated

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
My daughter is terrified of Animator's Palate! She is really shy and doesn't want Crush to talk to her (she's almost 8yrs old).
LLMDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:07 PM   #832
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznymom View Post
The Veranda Club is similar to the Mile High Club. You exercise your marital rights / activities on the veranda..........usually at sea and at night.
Omg I can't even imagine all the entertainment that security sees on the cameras each night. Everyone does know they can see everything, right?

Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:35 PM   #833
reimero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Omg I can't even imagine all the entertainment that security sees on the cameras each night. Everyone does know they can see everything, right?
I thought that was part of the "appeal"?
(NB: we never get staterooms with a verandah, so it's pure speculation on my part )
Old 04-25-2014, 02:27 PM   #834
Tomlyger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnDRader View Post
Exotic Rasul. Guilty.
Also Guilty

25 Disney Trips and Counting....
1 Cruise
1 Western Excursion
23 Trips to the World
1 Magical Engagement
Tomlyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:28 PM   #835
Tomlyger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCowboy View Post
While in port! It was dark.....

Hope to be guilty of soon

25 Disney Trips and Counting....
1 Cruise
1 Western Excursion
23 Trips to the World
1 Magical Engagement
Tomlyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:40 PM   #836
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
They do, after all, have to have entertainment for the company parties, right?

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:10 PM   #837
WDW_Diane
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeys Carol View Post
When did Disney take the body butter away? Yikes... I love that too..
Hey, I bought some at Ulta a few months ago! It was h20, the same thing, but of course not Disney branded.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:22 PM   #838
WDW_Diane
Mouseketeer

On our 2011 inaugural Dream cruise, DH and I went to a movie after the late dining seating, but DD who was 17 had some motion sickness and wanted to return to our cabin and lay down. I said she had better deadbolt the door because the people who work on the ship can open the door with their pass keys (paranoid mom).

Of course when DH and I returned from the movie, she was sound asleep and couldn't hear our pounding on the door and calling her name....although surely our neighbors could. Our room keys did no good with the deadbolt locked.

We went to the front desk for help....they couldn't help, but seemed concerned that we had a balcony cabin with a girl inside who wouldn't answer. They got one of the captains to try the door....no luck. Finally they summoned a couple of maintenance guys, and I'm pretty sure they had to wake them up. They were prepared to remove the lock, but fortunately didn't have to, as they had a key that would unlock just about anything on board, so they opened the door and we could get in. See? Paranoid mom was right!
Old 04-26-2014, 12:04 AM   #839
rubberbootbunny
Mouseketeer

First, I love it. I finally feel like I am not the worst cruiser ever.
Ok my list (partial)
1. I love room service but the person I traveled with hates it. So on my last trip I would wait until everyone else was asleep order it and then leave the tray outside someone else's door.
2. I don't sleep well so I did laundry a couple of times. At 2:45 in the morning. In my nightgown. With out underwear. In bare feet.
3. (remember no judging) I smoke and since I am up half the night anyway, I go and sit on deck 4 in the pm smoking section- there are no chairs. On the deck in my laundry outfit, and I read, and smoke, and drink Southern Comfort and ice tea in my big travel mug for hours at a time.

rubberbootbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:20 AM   #840
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLMDisney View Post
My daughter is terrified of Animator's Palate! She is really shy and doesn't want Crush to talk to her (she's almost 8yrs old).
Now that I have been on the Dream I will NEVER eat in Animators on rotation night again on the new ships. I found the crush thing soooooooo annoying while I am trying to eat. Crush tried to talk to me and finally I got so annoyed I said please be quiet I am trying to eat. Oh how I hated that place.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: