Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2014, 11:28 PM   #751
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripinbrums View Post
Went to Castaway Cay last year and brought back a small bucket of shells•• my kids were playing in the sand with a small bucket we brought. I cleaned all of the shells and left them in the bucket, put it in my beach bag and walked right onto the ship. I wasn't trying to hide anything just not thinking. No one said a word! It wasn't until we got home and looked at the shells that we noticed they all looked the same??? I think they are fake shells...
My bold. No, no, no, no, I'm covering my ears, I'm not listening I feel like a kid at Disneyland who sees Mickey without his head on. No, can't be true...fake shells?
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:59 PM   #752
thinkoflaura
Mouseketeer

On Formal Night, my 70-year old father's pants fell down.

He forgot to pack his suspenders, and thought, well, i'm going to eat a lot tonight, it's okay that my pants are roomy...

My DH & DD6 were already sitting. Then he got to the table, mind you, we are sitting at a far table so his back was to the ENTIRE DINING ROOM... and as he's standing about to take his seat, I look at him and wonder, "why is his shirt untucked? then i look more closely and see that it's not untucked... HIS PANTS ARE AROUND HIS ANKLES.

My husband dove onto the floor -- it seemed like in slow motion - to help him get them up. I was in shock... we had a great laugh about it, by the time dessert came. I only wish one of the several hundred people in the dining room -- who were already taking pictures of their own loved ones all gussied up -- would have snapped a picture of him!!! they probably did, but they were too embarrassed to share it!
thinkoflaura is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2014, 06:19 AM   #753
livie1205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
No... I'm not kidding... And that would have happened before he "complained" (which I have some doubts about how bad it really was). Don't understand why I'm getting attitude for it... That's just how things go.

The fact that they know the details of why he couldnt get off the boat shows why he crossed the line and complained about cleaning their rooms.. They should have filed a complaint, he gets paid and tipped for doing his job and if he does not want to do it he can find another job but yes people do pay higher costs to sail DCL mostly for the good service and they should get that service. Cruisers have a choice to sail cheaper cruise lines but pay more for disney so cost does matter... If we pay 10,000 for a cruise ( to much for me) then heck yeh we better not have a issue getting SHAMPOO .. And no way should I tip more for that shampoo.. If they are paying that much then im sure they tip well also.
I love disney as much as anyone but sometimes the CMs are wrong, this one was.
livie1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:02 AM   #754
Rack on
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
I will never confess. All h e double hockey sticks would break out. I'm taking it to my grave. Okay, twist my arm. I don't smoke but it didn't stop me from asking the bartenders for those adorable cute little match boxes with the DCL logo on it. They are so cute! And I love taking those adorable cute glass paper topper thingys. (The ones that cover the glasses in the bathroom.) I put them over my wine glasses up in the cupboard. I obviously have a hard time throwing away anything that has a DCL logo on it. Shameful. I asked every server, bartender, whoever, "can I keep this pen?" I LOVE my DCL pens! (Pen hoarder right here!) I brought an iron and it caught on fire and I just threw it overboard. Just kidding. Just seeing if anyone was reading this. No one at home ever listens to me...so, I just thought I'd check here.

My hot hot coffee just came out my nose!

🙀☕️
Rack on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:18 AM   #755
Mickeys Carol
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyoconnor View Post
Every day I would put the tube of lotion in my toilet kit so the room attendant would bring more. I ADORE the H2O body butter, sad that its not on the ship anymore.

When did Disney take the body butter away? Yikes... I love that too..
Mickeys Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:52 AM   #756
kbovenizer
Mouseketeer

This is the best thread! It's been almost 7 years since we've been on a DCL cruise (ack) - just booked yesterday for a trip next year. I'm already excited about it!

Does anyone know if they are still using the souvenir beer mugs? We have one from our first trips, but I have no idea if it's still worth anything. If so, we will certainly bring it with us!
kbovenizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:09 AM   #757
Rack on
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbovenizer View Post
This is the best thread! It's been almost 7 years since we've been on a DCL cruise (ack) - just booked yesterday for a trip next year. I'm already excited about it! Does anyone know if they are still using the souvenir beer mugs? We have one from our first trips, but I have no idea if it's still worth anything. If so, we will certainly bring it with us!
We were on the Fantasy over New Years. They do have the beer coin which includes the tall skinny mug....
Rack on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:52 AM   #758
hardis5
Mouseketeer

When we arrived back home and unpacked the dirty laundry, a DCL hand towel mysteriously fell out with all the clothes.

I've been so racked with guilt knowing they are missing that hand towel, I've book another cruise to return it. Now all I need to remember to do is pack it when we leave
hardis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:23 AM   #759
phinz
12 Volt Man

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and Southeast of Disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack on View Post
We were on the Fantasy over New Years. They do have the beer coin which includes the tall skinny mug....
We were on the Fantasy in November and several members of our FB group brought their mugs with them from home a well.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:41 AM   #760
minniemouse1
Member of the Grand Slam Club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardis5 View Post
When we arrived back home and unpacked the dirty laundry, a DCL hand towel mysteriously fell out with all the clothes.

I've been so racked with guilt knowing they are missing that hand towel, I've book another cruise to return it. Now all I need to remember to do is pack it when we leave
LOL!! I am going to have use this excuse on DH in the future. Awesome idea!
Wonder 2001 4 Day
Magic 2003 7 Day Western
Magic 2005 7 Day Eastern
Magic 2007 7 Day Eastern
Dream 2011 4 Day
Fantasy 2014 7 Day
Magic 2015 7 Day Mediterranean
DH me DD13 DD12 DD9 DS5
minniemouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:52 AM   #761
minniemouse1
Member of the Grand Slam Club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by storknurse13 View Post
Yup member of the verandah club!
My confessions pretty lame but here it is....I am hoping to join the club on my Med cruise in August 2015
Wonder 2001 4 Day
Magic 2003 7 Day Western
Magic 2005 7 Day Eastern
Magic 2007 7 Day Eastern
Dream 2011 4 Day
Fantasy 2014 7 Day
Magic 2015 7 Day Mediterranean
DH me DD13 DD12 DD9 DS5
minniemouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:10 PM   #762
KJET54
Mouseketeer

Veranda club???

Is it a secret organization? As for trying to sneak irons on the ship, I get caught everytime. I still cant stop laughing at the thought of you throwing the iron into the ocean...
KJET54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:08 PM   #763
MsJiminyCricket
Motley Cruise Vet

This thread is the best for late night insomnia!
Old 03-29-2014, 02:58 AM   #764
chris31997
Disney Kid at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJiminyCricket View Post
This thread is the best for late night insomnia!
Why so you have company because you have been laughing???

My kiddos say "Ohh, it's the Disboards again. Who did what??" Sometimes, I say nevermind

Chrissy
chris31997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:18 AM   #765
mpetersen
Mouseketeer

I've spent days reading this thread and have enjoyed every minute.
It's been nearly 2years since our last cruise and we just booked for feb 2015, so it's time to confess...
On our last trip, when I arrived home and started unpacking I realized we came home with the stateroom book that has all the ship info and room service menus. I certainly thought we'd be charged for it (we weren't ) and was so horrified I've never told my husband

mpetersen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: