Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2014, 07:27 PM   #736
goosedwn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missypyxi View Post
Our host was stingy with the h2o stuff, and I was sad. I used the first one and he never replaced it until I asked. When I asked for more after that, he was reluctant. I thought it was a cruise thing. When we had stayed at the GF, I put it in my suitcase everyday and mouse keeping always gave me a new set the next day.

Maybe it was just my host?
Our host was super stingy as well. We had 3 staterooms with 12 people. When we told our host we need more shampoo and shower gel, he told us not to worry about it. He measured the tube and when it is 1/4 left, he will give us a new one. Give me a break! 1/4 left to be used for 4 people before we got a new one!!!!! I told him that we paid almost 10,000 for a room and running out of shampoo during a shower is the last thing we want to worry about. He then gave us new set of shampoo for ONE out of the 3 rooms!!!!!!!!! He also complained that we make him miss his lunch break, that we make him not being able to go off the ship because he had to clean up our rooms. We found out that he has a girl friend and wanted to go with her to places when the ship is docked. I was so unhappy with him that I don't want to book the same cat again because I don't want to see him again.
goosedwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:55 PM   #737
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

You give them a $5 and say you want to be kept in shampoo. Wishes granted. No need to berate them with how much you paid for the cruise.
TifffanyD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2014, 08:30 PM   #738
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

I have another confession and it's a Biggie: I don't care for Castaway Cay.

It's a very nice island but I can never get a chair or hammock (always people hogging them even when they're not using them), it's crowded, the water is cold (Bahamas), and the picnic lunch isn't good.

We have sailed 10 times and never missed it. We used to enjoy the day on the ship and see a movie, have a Nice lunch, etc... But they cut back on this whichever was a huge bummer.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:56 PM   #739
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

I've never wanted a formal picture with the Captain. Never have taken one with the Captain.

With all the lines, I'd rather just have my family in the picture. I love walking down my hallway, seeing all our portraits and don't have to think - whatshisname? Just the way I think, plus they are so expensive!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:12 PM   #740
Tinkermom3
Mouseketeer

bump
Old 03-27-2014, 03:19 PM   #741
disneybass
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day

I am the one that stops by the drink station to pick up a cup then head to the soft serve ice cream stand. You dont have to make as many trips that way!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:30 PM   #742
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybass View Post
I am the one that stops by the drink station to pick up a cup then head to the soft serve ice cream stand. You dont have to make as many trips that way!
Me too
Old 03-27-2014, 04:05 PM   #743
julydreamer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybass View Post
I made a big tall coconut Rum shake with the vanilla ice cream! It was yummy!
julydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:37 PM   #744
tripinbrums
6 Minnie Ears!!

Went to Castaway Cay last year and brought back a small bucket of shells•• my kids were playing in the sand with a small bucket we brought. I cleaned all of the shells and left them in the bucket, put it in my beach bag and walked right onto the ship. I wasn't trying to hide anything just not thinking. No one said a word! It wasn't until we got home and looked at the shells that we noticed they all looked the same??? I think they are fake shells...
Old 03-27-2014, 06:53 PM   #745
DHSbutcher
Mouseketeer

It took me 3 days to read through this whole thread!!

Oh boy I have so many confessions...

One night on the way back to Port Canaveral the seas were so rough I was sleeping on the top bunk and rolled right off!

We avoid our table mates when we see them around the ship. It's awful enough we have to eat with them, but we don't go onboard to make friends, we prefer to do activities with our family. This being said, we have ended up with the whiniest, most rude table mates. If we actually ended up with interesting, nice people, that might change.

We decided to finally try Palo's on our EBPC this past september. We weren't very impressed. We prefer to eat earlier, because of the time difference it was 3 hours later at home when we ate, so we were the first ones in the door. Our server was great for about 10 minutes, until another table came in. We were lucky to see him after our entree's came out. I understand a lot of people come here for a longer, more relaxed dinner with their partner, but I was here with my mother. A 2 hour meal later spent with too much time waiting for refills and for our food, I am not sure we would go back.

We LOVE the main dining room.

We have NEVER sailed on the fantasy or dream. Yet. Hoping for a last minute 3 nighted on the dream in May!!

We have done 8 3 night bahama cruises(all on the wonder!), and only gotten off the ship in Nassau once! On a 3 night cruise, this is our "sea" day! We enjoy the ship without as many people, love to look off the balcony and stare at the other ships in port, and avoid being hassled getting off the ship.

During the EBPC we had an ocean view room on deck 2, and during the PC transit, we didn't even leave our room! We enjoyed the view of the cement canal walls and going up and down it was beyond cool being at ground level! After we went through the locks we finally got out of the room and took it all in from the outside. Very cool, but we much preferred not fighting people on the top deck for a great view!

We use our refillable mugs at the soda machines.

We get fries from the pool deck and eat them all the time anywhere when we need a snack. They're so good. We bring them to bingo, trivia, back to the room, to the cove cafe, everywhere!

We have a collection of H2O products at home... but surprise! We love the shampoo!

Hmmmmm... what else am I forgetting?
DHSbutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:02 PM   #746
livie1205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
You give them a $5 and say you want to be kept in shampoo. Wishes granted. No need to berate them with how much you paid for the cruise.
Your kidding right?? No way should they have tipped MORE to get more shampoo when the guy was complaining about having to clean their rooms.. He would have got a huge complaint right then and maybe even had his tip given to the wait staff! I agree with a good attendant yes its helpful to tip a little extra but how dare he complain because he couldnt get off the boat to hang out with his GF because he had to do his job ..
livie1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:28 PM   #747
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by livie1205 View Post
Your kidding right?? No way should they have tipped MORE to get more shampoo when the guy was complaining about having to clean their rooms.. He would have got a huge complaint right then and maybe even had his tip given to the wait staff! I agree with a good attendant yes its helpful to tip a little extra but how dare he complain because he couldnt get off the boat to hang out with his GF because he had to do his job ..
No... I'm not kidding... And that would have happened before he "complained" (which I have some doubts about how bad it really was). Don't understand why I'm getting attitude for it... That's just how things go.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:23 PM   #748
storknurse13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldseeyore View Post
DH and I attempted this on our last cruise. I say attempted due to:

Baby was asleep. DH and I were on the verandah. We started playing. DS8 comes into the room and out onto verandah. We heard him come in since we had the verandah doors open in case the baby woke up. DS talks to us for awhile and then says he is going back to the kids clubs. He leaves and closes the verandah door. DH and I decide we are going to pick up where we left off, but after I reopen the door, in case baby wakes up. I then find out the door is locked!!! There goes all ideas of joining "the club" and instead we start screaming in hopes that someone else has their verandah open nearby and can get us help. Thank goodness someone one deck up heard us!!
Okay...that is one of the funniest things I have heard!! This tread has been such a great belly laugh when I get home from work!!! Thanks everyone for sharing!
DCL Fantasy April 2013~Concierge, DCL Magic January 2012~Concierge, WDW April 2011~DS 3 weeks old/DD 4th Bday, WDW Dec 2009~DS 1st Bday, RCI Jewel Of The Seas 30~Oct 2010/ 13 Night Special Caribbean Cruise, RCI Mariner Of The Seas Mariner Of The Seas~May 2008/ 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise, RCI Freedom Of The Seas~Oct-2006/ 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise, RCI Jewel Of The Seas~Oct-2004/ 10 Night Canada/New England Cruise, RCI Enchantment Of The Seas~May-2004/ 5 Night Western Caribbean Cruise, RCI Navigator Of The Seas~Oct-2003/ 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise, RCI Explorer Of The Seas~Oct-2002/ 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise, CCL Triumph~October 2000/ 7 night Western Caribbean Cruise, RCI Sovereign Of The Seas~Oct-1997/ 4 Night Bahamas Cruise, WDW-New Year's Eve 1985, WDW-Family Reunion Vacation 1982

storknurse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:31 PM   #749
storknurse13
Mouseketeer

My Confessions...

Okay so here it goes....after reading every page and making my stomach hurt and tears roll down my face, I confess!
The cute little spoons for the kids, you know the ones with the green trim around the handle?? Somehow, a couple jumped in my beach bag at the table. I too cried when they announced our name when walking on the ship. My DW thought something was wrong. On our next cruise in October, I am making up a name for our family to be called. My youngest son 3 always says Gonk-Gonk, so we are going to be introduced as the Gonk-Gonk family!! He will get a big kick out of that because we say it a lot! This same son is so excited about going on the cruise that he will sit with me for hours and watch disney cruise videos....poor kid! But such a good sport!
Yup member of the verhandah club!
I feel better for now until I think of something else, I'm sure there are many more!
DCL Fantasy April 2013~Concierge, DCL Magic January 2012~Concierge, WDW April 2011~DS 3 weeks old/DD 4th Bday, WDW Dec 2009~DS 1st Bday, RCI Jewel Of The Seas 30~Oct 2010/ 13 Night Special Caribbean Cruise, RCI Mariner Of The Seas Mariner Of The Seas~May 2008/ 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise, RCI Freedom Of The Seas~Oct-2006/ 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise, RCI Jewel Of The Seas~Oct-2004/ 10 Night Canada/New England Cruise, RCI Enchantment Of The Seas~May-2004/ 5 Night Western Caribbean Cruise, RCI Navigator Of The Seas~Oct-2003/ 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise, RCI Explorer Of The Seas~Oct-2002/ 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise, CCL Triumph~October 2000/ 7 night Western Caribbean Cruise, RCI Sovereign Of The Seas~Oct-1997/ 4 Night Bahamas Cruise, WDW-New Year's Eve 1985, WDW-Family Reunion Vacation 1982

storknurse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:15 PM   #750
Brancaneve
DIS Veteran

On our last cruise I stalked the ever elusive Jack Sparrow. Every time I got in line, a CM told me that time was up!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: