Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #61
pfuentes1098
Mouseketeer

Is it your favorite spoon now? It would be mine, and no one else would be allowed to use it LOL
pfuentes1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #62
fairfax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfuentes1098
Is it your favorite spoon now? It would be mine, and no one else would be allowed to use it LOL
I should put it in a shadow box with a plaque or something
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #63
tink,too
DIS Veteran

Is it wrong that I'm super excited to meet Minnie, Mickey and Donald in their Alaskan outfits this summer?
tink,too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #64
sambycat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink,too View Post
Is it wrong that I'm super excited to meet Minnie, Mickey and Donald in their Alaskan outfits this summer?
HAHAHAHA!!!! I had zero interest in an Alaskan cruise till I found that out!!!!

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #65
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Let's see who reads other threads....

One time as we were leaving the ship, I passed a stateroom that was open, and saw the red "Dream" pillow under the bed.......so I took it.

Just Kidding......
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #66
Fantasiesabound
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcw57 View Post
where does that person think the "little souvenir" from the old "souvenir ad" came from?

My confession:

I go up and get breakfast to bring back to the room every morning wearing nothing but.....

my nightie!

(it looks like a swim cover up, but my mussed-up hair might give it away....)

and I nod and wink at the other poor blokes and ladies doing exactly the same as me every morning I am in there. By the end of the cruise we have all become an early morning secret coffee and breakfast scoring society.

Link to some of my scrapbooking pics from our 2006 Cruise:http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=326
07/13/12 - 07/15/12 2SN NYC Disney Magic cabin 2012 ~ ~ 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 4S Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Dream cabin 5650 ~~ 04/18/09 - 04/25/09 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 7586 ~~ 04/29/06 - 05/06/06 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 6608
Fantasiesabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #67
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensjro View Post

And...worst of all...I encourage my daughter to get pictures with the characters and princesses because deep down inside I want to be the one in the pictures!

Jim
But adults can most definitely get their pictures taken with the characters - even the princesses. Nothing wrong with that!
Old 06-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #68
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
I will never confess. All h e double hockey sticks would break out. I'm taking it to my grave.

Okay, twist my arm. I don't smoke but it didn't stop me from asking the bartenders for those adorable cute little match boxes with the DCL logo on it. They are so cute!

And I love taking those adorable cute glass paper topper thingys. (The ones that cover the glasses in the bathroom.) I put them over my wine glasses up in the cupboard. I obviously have a hard time throwing away anything that has a DCL logo on it. Shameful.

I asked every server, bartender, whoever, "can I keep this pen?" I LOVE my DCL pens! (Pen hoarder right here!)

I brought an iron and it caught on fire and I just threw it overboard.

Just kidding. Just seeing if anyone was reading this. No one at home ever listens to me...so, I just thought I'd check here.
Oh, we are long lost sisters. I have a nice collection of DCL cup covers and pens And I am definitely going to ask about the matches next time.

Bahahaha - on the iron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgarv View Post
One time as we were leaving the ship, I passed a stateroom that was open, and saw the red "Dream" pillow under the bed.......so I took it.

Just Kidding......
(love it!)

OK, my confession.....
1) I told DH that they were really strict about the shorts in the dining room. Of course, that only last one cruise until he realized that I was tricking him. But he still wears pants

2) I took my water bottle full of rum and coke with me to the pool. Why let it go to waste sitting in the room

3) I am the proud owner of a large ziplock bag full of H2O products

4) Almost all the CMs that know me by name by the end of the cruise work in Merchandising. Yep, I am in the shops that much. One I still speak with on facebook. They are just so nice and helpful!!
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #69
Donathius
Cruisin' n00b

*GULP*

I *SOB* wore...slacks(!) with my suit coat on formal night!

Somehow I brought my slacks for semi formal and my suit coat for formal but manages to leAve my suit pants at home. Didn't notice until I went to set my suit out to get it dry cleaned on the ship.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #70
Hazeleyes536
Mouseketeer

OH i LOVE this stuff my all time favorite. im on my last bottle of lotion....i have to ask for more Next May when we go and ill have my mom do the same since shes in her own room! :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
It's body lotion now.

WDW April 2012, WDW March 2012, WDW May 2012, WDW October 2012,
DCL Dream December 2012, WDW December 2012, WDW June 2014
DCL Fantasy May 2015

Hazeleyes536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #71
*pixie*
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgarv View Post

Just Kidding......

2013 - Alaska on the Wonder
2012 - BC, Eastern on the Fantasy, and Poly
2010 - AKL, MNSSHP, and the Wonder
2008 - Pop and MVMCP
*pixie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #72
tony111
Mouseketeer

We'd only been on board the Magic 20 minutes and we already had a set of 6 Mickey soft drink glasses stashed ready for home from Topsiders.
tony111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #73
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

I am laughing my head off at these.

Especially the neener neener who posted that they found an open stateroom and stole the diamond plated red pillow!

And the spoon, I laughed at the head hung in shame. That would also be my favorite spoon! (A scene from Les Mis where Thendiers bosoms' spill open with the silverware stolen from Marius' wedding come to mind! )

The first day after the sail away party, a tray of drinks was melting so the bar tender offered two for one. Twinkie and I were set! After that, I had a green cup to wander all over the ship, and it had something different from our stash in it every night. It came with me to the show, it came with me to dinner. I don't care if it was low class compared to the wine glasses, it wasn't breakable, it had DCL on it (and clearly we all know how we feel about those waves with mickey ears on it!) and I was happy as a clam. I still get giddy when I drink out of it.. every day. The Carnival one is similar but clear. When I see it, I go "sigh" because my DCL cup isn't clean so I have to use it... and it has the audacity to claim that it is 'officially the best day ever'...
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #74
calismic
Mouseketeer

Thread Hijack!

Body Butter Fans; if you have an Ulta nearby, run! I just visited ours a few days ago and they had an entire shelf of H20 Hydrating Body Butter on clearance for $10! I've never seen it there before but the sales girl told me they were dropping it due to licensing. I'm 99% sure its the exact same thing in a non-Disney bottle.

calismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #75
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismic View Post
Thread Hijack!

I'm 99% sure its the exact same thing in a non-Disney bottle.
Well then I'm sure it's no good.
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: