Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #706
Club Disney Chandler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKat View Post
We sailed on the Dream this past New Year's, and on NYE they were handing out free champagne in these really nice heavy duty plastic champagne flutes that had blue stems and the DCL logo and New Year's Eve 2012. My mother and I decided on the way back to the room to collect some of the ones left behind. We have a set of 8, and to this day mom will open the cupboard, see them, and sigh that we should have thought to make it a set of 12 XD

Same cruise, my brother and I were playing shuffle board, and he sent one hard as he could to try to knock mine out. Needless to say, he missed, and it went flying down the deck to the absolute other end of the ship, past a lot of very amused guests. Same game he also bounced one weirdly and almost sent it over the side. Yikes!

Love this thread!
I somehow sent one over the side on accident. It took a weird bounce, landed on its side and rolled off the deck between the post and the railing. I couldn't have done it if I tried! My son and I ran away like a couple of school kids thinking we were gonna get in trouble. We laughed all the way back to our room. When we told my wife she just rolled her eyes like we were idiots.
DL: Way too many to count
RCCL: May 2016: Western Caribbean-Allure of the Seas
Club Disney Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #707
Club Disney Chandler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbn740 View Post
I love reading these confessionals. I have been reading for two days and haven't mad it all the way through. Here goes mine... (taking deep breath)... I booked a veranda room just so I could sit outside and drink my coffee nekked. There, I said it and I own it.

Sorry if I ruined anyone's plans for sitting on a veranda because now you're going to be wondering if the last person that had the cabin sat naked in it.
Love it and great idea!
DL: Way too many to count
RCCL: May 2016: Western Caribbean-Allure of the Seas
Club Disney Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #708
Cruisin'Nick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblong View Post
OOOOH - This is going to hurt, but here goes anyway

We have a granddaughter that doesn't like her food to touch. When she eats dinner at our house, she gets to use this plate:

or -
She gets to use this plate:

To be fair, we picked up a snack at a buffet and told the dish-hander-outer CM that we were taking it to our room, and that we were considering stealing it because our granddaughter would love it. He said to go ahead. Of course, now we know they never say no,and the second one -from the Fantasy (is a bit more blatant), but still...

BTW - we do have two AP butter knives from the Fantasy, but we bought them in the shop.
OMG!!! I LOVE those plates!! WANT please!? Haha.

Cruisin'Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #709
slzer0
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnian_Princess
My awful confession: I cruised a few times when I was 18 and 19, and I was... bored. Not that I didn't LOVE the experience, I did! The dining, the shows, even the parties were amazing. Castaway Cay is the best place ever. But when you're too old for the teen club and too young for the bars (and your family won't do ANYTHING except maybe go to the basketball court for 30 minutes-- I went to all the shows alone), it's tough.

That said, it's been many years since I cruised and I can't wait to go back and introduce my soon-to-be-DH to DCL. We can't afford it anytime soon, but the idea of 'starting over' with cruising, of being able to enjoy the adult areas, of being able to do a scavenger hunt or an onboard seminar without the 'Why? That's dumb,' attitudes of family... it sounds wonderful. Someday.
I thought you only had to be 18 for the bars? Not to drink of course, but to dance.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #710
Cruisin'Nick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludari View Post
I did it on my first Disney cruise and never since.
Same for me as Ludari... My family and I did it our first cruise. Never since. Too much hassle, and really (to me) took away from us being able to explore/enjoy the ship.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #711
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

We are cruising on the Allure if the Seas with DH's family Thanksgiving week. We've only ever sailed DCL. The only reason we're going is because its DH's family and they'll never sail w/Disney. None of us are excited. The teenagers actually have asked us several times if we can cancel. Its so pitiful. So where's my confession in this???? Well, DH came up with the idea that we should make sure we have enough DCL shirts that we can each wear one every day of the cruise on Allure. We actually spent a few hundred $$ on our teen-free Fantasy cruise last week making sure we have tshirts covered. We'll bring our DCL lanyards, drink from Disney tumblers, etc. So now we're getting a little excited..... LOL!
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland, 9/14 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/14 DCL Wonder DD, 10/14 DCL Wonder DD

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
9/15 DCL Dream w/friends
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #712
Cruisin'Nick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbypee View Post
Goodbye happy post- u were fun while u lasted!!
Agreed!!

Old 09-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #713
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
We are cruising on the Allure if the Seas with DH's family Thanksgiving week. We've only ever sailed DCL. The only reason we're going is because its DH's family and they'll never sail w/Disney. None of us are excited. The teenagers actually have asked us several times if we can cancel. Its so pitiful. So where's my confession in this???? Well, DH came up with the idea that we should make sure we have enough DCL shirts that we can each wear one every day of the cruise on Allure. We actually spent a few hundred $$ on our teen-free Fantasy cruise last week making sure we have tshirts covered. We'll bring our DCL lanyards, drink from Disney tumblers, etc. So now we're getting a little excited..... LOL!
Feeling the pixie dust love!

I am really interested to hear you compare Allure & Fantasy, so kiss n tell when you get back!

And I would love to see the fam wearing DCL shirts all over RCI! Gotta post some photos of that.

Everyone says the teens love Allure more than DC. I guess you will find out...
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #714
Cruisin'Nick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abitagirl916 View Post
Hi Tianni.....we live in Abita Springs, LA, not far from Slidell. Your signature shows "Fantasy 2013"....have you already been? We are sailing on the Fantasy in October 2013....counting down the days. Have previously sailed the Magic and the Dream. Loved both of them and I'm sure we will love the Fantasy too. So excited!
Hi Tianni!! Hi Abitagirl916!!! My family and I (Dmom, DSisters, and DBrother) went on the Fantasy in February...it was WONDERFUL!!! You two will NOT be disappointed. Main reason I'm posting though is I too am in SE Louisiana. Mandeville here!! Small world huh??

Old 09-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #715
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin'Nick View Post
Hi Tianni!! Hi Abitagirl916!!! My family and I (Dmom, DSisters, and DBrother) went on the Fantasy in February...it was WONDERFUL!!! You two will NOT be disappointed. Main reason I'm posting though is I too am in SE Louisiana. Mandeville here!! Small world huh??
Hi Cruisin'Nick.....I live in Abita Springs, but I work in Mandeville at Banner Ford. Small world indeed. So looking forward to cruising on the Fantasy. Have already cruised on the Magic and the Dream. Need to try to sail on the Wonder sometime.
Tammy & Rachel -- 2/2004 AllStar Movies; 4/2006 Pop Century; 10/2007 Disney Magic; 5/2010 AllStar Movies; 6/2011 Disney Dream Double Dip; 9/2012 Shades of Green; 2/2013 AllStar Movies; 10/2013 Disney Fantasy-Western; 9/2014 AllStar Sports; 10/2015 Disney Fantasy-Western
abitagirl916 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #716
Cruisin'Nick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnian_Princess View Post
There must be some mistake. You see, he's MY husband!

(Although we may have to split up soon... My DFiance will become my DH in 9 days and he would take exception to me being married to anyone else. *sigh* It was nice while it lasted!)
CONGRATS ON WEDDING!! Hope everything goes perfect for ya'll!!!

Old 09-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #717
jlmarr
You got that right

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony111 View Post
We'd only been on board the Magic 20 minutes and we already had a set of 6 Mickey soft drink glasses stashed ready for home from Topsiders.
We seem to have some of those too, and I don't know how it happened. We were warned about the towel-sniffing dogs at debarkation though.
jlmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:11 AM   #718
DisneyLoverMomof6
Earning My Ears

BUMP! These have been too entertaining not to share and have new stories added. Leaving on my first DCL on the Wonder this Sunday and I'm hoping to have a good story to add!!
DisneyLoverMomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #719
phinz
12 Volt Man

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and Southeast of Disorder

I wore a Cast Member Aloha shirt from Enchanted Tiki Room with my tux for formal night at Remy.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:38 AM   #720
mom+3girls
DIS Veteran

Ok so here is mine:

My sister collects sea shells, I found a really pretty one on Castaway Cay that I wanted to bring home to her. I asked my daughter how I could get it back on the ship without them scanning my bag and seeing it. Okay... and at my 19 year old daughters suggestion, I put it in my bathing suit top.
mom+3girls is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: