Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #691
Narnian_Princess
I'm trying, I'm trying
Extreme Star Wars geek
Google is my best friend

My awful confession: I cruised a few times when I was 18 and 19, and I was... bored. Not that I didn't LOVE the experience, I did! The dining, the shows, even the parties were amazing. Castaway Cay is the best place ever. But when you're too old for the teen club and too young for the bars (and your family won't do ANYTHING except maybe go to the basketball court for 30 minutes-- I went to all the shows alone), it's tough.

That said, it's been many years since I cruised and I can't wait to go back and introduce my soon-to-be-DH to DCL. We can't afford it anytime soon, but the idea of 'starting over' with cruising, of being able to enjoy the adult areas, of being able to do a scavenger hunt or an onboard seminar without the 'Why? That's dumb,' attitudes of family... it sounds wonderful. Someday.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #692
moomy-san
DIS Veteran

Narnian_Princess.... why do you have a picture of my husband in your signature?

DCL Western Caribbean aboard the Fantasy February 2014

Next up... DCL Eastern aboard the Fantasy with NO KIDS February 2015! And we're GOLD, Baby!
moomy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2013, 02:23 PM   #693
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Here goes my confession: on the Disney Dream last year I set off the smoke detector with the steam from my shower. I got call asking if everything was okay. I said I am not sure what happened and the said did you just take a shower. Embarrassed, guess it happens a lot.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #694
dbarker
Mouseketeer
You can't miss my DH. He's a big burly USMC redneck w/ a fanny pack and acting like a kid who can't wait for the next ride at WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisty Fairy View Post
Here goes my confession: on the Disney Dream last year I set off the smoke detector with the steam from my shower. I got call asking if everything was okay. I said I am not sure what happened and the said did you just take a shower. Embarrassed, guess it happens a lot.
DH did this on our last cruise. Boy, is that alarm LOUD.

Luckily, I had read about this incident on the DISboards, and knew about it.
dbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #695
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarker View Post
DH did this on our last cruise. Boy, is that alarm LOUD. Luckily, I had read about this incident on the DISboards, and knew about it.
Yes it is loud.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #696
noahdove
DIS Veteran

I have to say, that I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do a cruise because of my fear of water..well, as you can see, I will be cruising in April of 2014 Love it and I was never bored on the first one...I can't wait

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #697
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomy-san View Post

Hands off!

~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #698
Narnian_Princess
I'm trying, I'm trying
Extreme Star Wars geek
Google is my best friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomy-san View Post

There must be some mistake. You see, he's MY husband!

(Although we may have to split up soon... My DFiance will become my DH in 9 days and he would take exception to me being married to anyone else. *sigh* It was nice while it lasted!)
Old 09-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #699
munchkin322
Earning My Ears

Just found this thread and LOVING it!!

So here goes my confession:
I am in the mid-30's and I still dash to get in line to get pictures with the characters....I talk to princesses about their lives (I did ask belle what boom she is reading nowadays; I asked Cinderella what she did that day...I asked Tinker Bell how she got on the ship!! And she said it took her 10 bottles of pixie dust to fly all the way to the ship!)

Also, I took advantage of the quiet rainforest's heat lounge area and fell asleep....woke myself up snoring several times!! Lol

One more thing...I always ask my friend to make me Disney shirts (she does embroidery....) so I own several embroidery shirts that you see ifs wearing....lol
June 2013 ~ DISNEY FANTASY ~ 7-night Eastern Caribbean

~ DISNEY DREAM ~ 3-night Bahamas Cruise
munchkin322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #700
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePicketts View Post

Wait. What do you mean by "CMs who are dressed as characters"????
ROTFL!!!! My 9yo son still great them with all the exuberance of a very young child. It's a joy to watch, and I will miss that when he's older. My 12yo daughter, who has an old soul, always whispers to me, "I won't tell him."
Old 09-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #701
thegales
Mouseketeer
Says he is happy tagless but the Tag Fairy ain't buying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnian_Princess View Post
My awful confession: I cruised a few times when I was 18 and 19, and I was... bored. Not that I didn't LOVE the experience, I did! The dining, the shows, even the parties were amazing. Castaway Cay is the best place ever. But when you're too old for the teen club and too young for the bars (and your family won't do ANYTHING except maybe go to the basketball court for 30 minutes-- I went to all the shows alone), it's tough. That said, it's been many years since I cruised and I can't wait to go back and introduce my soon-to-be-DH to DCL. We can't afford it anytime soon, but the idea of 'starting over' with cruising, of being able to enjoy the adult areas, of being able to do a scavenger hunt or an onboard seminar without the 'Why? That's dumb,' attitudes of family... it sounds wonderful. Someday.
Hopefully you will be able to make this trip soon. I think you will have a great time.

aka lifeof in Chat

June 16, 2012 Eastern Cruise / December 18, 2010 11 Day Southern Caribbean / November 21, 2007 Thanksgiving on the Wonder / July 15, 2006 Western / November 23, 2005 Thanksgiving on the Wonder / October 9, 2004 Western Cruise / June 14, 2003 Eastern Cruise

thegales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #702
KnightRail
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassDisLovers View Post
My confession... I just dont get when adults are all excited about the "signing by the characters" thing. I want to scream "The characters are not REAL!". I imagine a bunch of DCL employees dreading signing the endless pillowcases and mats for photos. Do you think they have to take special classes to learn to "write like Cinderella" or "do a sad Eeyore signature" ? Ok, my rant is over...........
Actually they do have to master those signatures. They also take multiple classes to learn how to speak, behave, and not skip a beat at answering anyone's questions. It is very intense as much for fur as it is face. I am a former CM and know what they go thru. And yes, when you meet a Disney character--be it goofy, Mickey, Smee, or Ariel they are truly those characters.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #703
Cruisin'Nick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthie25 View Post
I had the audacity to sit on my husband's knee, in a bar, well after 11 at night. Was then lectured that "don't y'all realise that this is a Disney Cruise"?! Guess that public displays of affection are frowned upon by some, whereas arguements are not!
Oh no!! God forbid!! How dare ya'll!! HAHAHAHAHAHA, Whatever...those people need to get over themselves. That they need to worry about what others are doing in a BAR close to midnight, on a cruise no less!? Shame on ya'll!!!

Cruisin'Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #704
Cruisin'Nick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
I will never confess. All h e double hockey sticks would break out. I'm taking it to my grave.

Okay, twist my arm. I don't smoke but it didn't stop me from asking the bartenders for those adorable cute little match boxes with the DCL logo on it. They are so cute!

And I love taking those adorable cute glass paper topper thingys. (The ones that cover the glasses in the bathroom.) I put them over my wine glasses up in the cupboard. I obviously have a hard time throwing away anything that has a DCL logo on it. Shameful.

I asked every server, bartender, whoever, "can I keep this pen?" I LOVE my DCL pens! (Pen hoarder right here!)

I brought an iron and it caught on fire and I just threw it overboard.

Just kidding. Just seeing if anyone was reading this. No one at home ever listens to me...so, I just thought I'd check here.
Actually, the thing with the iron would be the smartest thing to do I would think. 'Specially if you're by the balcony when you were ironing.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #705
Cruisin'Nick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazz1 View Post
Love this thread so we've had a fire, theft, drink and a confession of murder

well we might as well go the whole hog and add seduction to the list

so ok i here goes ......

i confess

pre cruise i really fancied a suite ~ dh didn't and no matter how many sweet nothings i whispered about free pre dinner cocktails he just wasn't taking the bait, i whispered lovely things like suite darling, jaccuzi tub pre dinner drinkies and he replied something along the lines of double dip recession and the car needs servicing

so i resorted to underhand tactics

i cooked that special man of mine a gorgeous steak dinner, topped up his beer like a good wife does and changed from my usual jeans and tees into the shortest sexiest dress i own and with some killer heels what can i say the man was putty
Haha!! Very nice!! I'd be putty too if my DW to be did that. But I'd also say "What the hell, why not" (Pardon my french). So she prolly wouldn't have to work that hard. But Still, this is hilarious!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: