Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #676
Moxin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
Well, this being an open confessional which should be free from judgement, you of course are entitled to your opinion...

...even though it is wrong.

Some might not understand the concept of adults singing Disney songs and swimming in mermaid costumes either. I always wonder why the people who are in the 'that could never happen, that's not real category' like Disney, because nothing is real about Disney! That's WHAT I like about it!

I also give the characters credit. They aren't models, they are actresses. They stay in character the entire time, and they don't just sign stuff, they interact with you. We enjoyed our time with Princess Tiana (a lovely complete class act), and when we told Ariel that we were real life mermaids too on the island that day, without missing a beat, she asked "and what color mermaids were you?"

I love those gals. They are living my dream. I believe it's not easy and seeing them all over the ship or park IS thrilling, whether I'm 13 or 31!

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...66438223_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...91535524_n.jpg

I whistle Disney tunes at the mall...I wear Disney shirts. I make a bee line to the Disney Store whenever I see it.

I'm a 43 year old grown man...and I'm proud to be a kid still!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #677
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids

Well, this being an open confessional which should be free from judgement, you of course are entitled to your opinion...

Some might not understand the concept of adults singing Disney songs and swimming in mermaid costumes either. I always wonder why the people who are in the 'that could never happen, that's not real category' like Disney, because nothing is real about Disney! That's WHAT I like about it!

I also give the characters credit. They aren't models, they are actresses. They stay in character the entire time, and they don't just sign stuff, they interact with you. We enjoyed our time with Princess Tiana (a lovely complete class act), and when we told Ariel that we were real life mermaids too on the island that day, without missing a beat, she asked "and what color mermaids were you?"

I love those gals. They are living my dream. I believe it's not easy and seeing them all over the ship or park IS thrilling, whether I'm 13 or 31!

Couldn't agree more!!! I'm 30 and was thrilled to have the characters sign my canvas for me!!! It made an awesome souvenir, along with the picture frame and ship ornament that we had the captain sign!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #678
DznyCrzy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by slzer0

Sorry, saving chairs while you go eat lunch is definitely 'chair hogging'.
Guess my confession is being a chair hog, lol. We left items on the chairs while we went and ate lunch at CC. Now, I will say the adults only beach was not near as crowded as the family beach and most everyone was leaving their items on the chairs, oh and taking chairs into the water. I would be slightly perturbed if I came back to my chair and someone was there, just because I wouldn't do that to someone else.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 09-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #679
TempusFugit
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxin View Post
I whistle Disney tunes at the mall...I wear Disney shirts. I make a bee line to the Disney Store whenever I see it.

I with you. I'm a 41 year old dude and still wear the Disney shirts and whistle tunes...but I don't go to the mall if I can help it.

BTW... Mermaids never looked so good!

Want to split a pineapple?
TempusFugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #680
TempusFugit
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxin View Post

I with you. I'm a 41 year old dude and still wear the Disney shirts and whistle tunes...but I don't go to the mall if I can help it.

Want to split a pineapple?
TempusFugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #681
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugit View Post

~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #682
tweis
DIS Veteran

I've been reading the last few pages of this thread and it seems we all have different ideas about what "chair hogging" means. I have always thought that "chair hogging" was when you got up super early and went and put your things on chairs that you had no intention of using for hours or went to the pool and put your things in a chair and then took off to lunch or a tasting, or something similar. You get the idea. I would never consider myself a "chair hogger" but the way some of you are describing it then I guess I am.

We do not put our things in chairs on the pool deck and then leave and go have lunch or partake in some other activity BUT we did/do leave them in/under a chair to get in the pool or hot tub. We do leave our flip flops, cover up, backpack and towel in a chair on CC to swim and snorkel BUT we did/do not leave our things to go have lunch or ride bikes or parasail, etc.
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #683
slzer0
DIS Veteran

Quote:

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...95237943_n.jpg

Is that you wearing the mermaid tail? Are you on Cc?
They're gorgeous! Did you make or buy?
Old 09-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #684
Batgirl67
Mouseketeer

i too am guilty of taking tiny shells from serenity bay on CC
Batgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #685
DznyCrzy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batgirl67
i too am guilty of taking tiny shells from serenity bay on CC
My DH loved this one, haha. When we were at Serenity Bay he kept trying to get me to take some tiny shells and I kept telling him "no, that's not allowed", lol.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Old 09-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #686
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slzer0

Is that you wearing the mermaid tail? Are you on Cc?
They're gorgeous! Did you make or buy?
You can buy the tails! I'm upgrading to a brighter tail color before my next CC visit in May. Oddly I don't have any photos AT CC altho we did "snorkel" as usual in our tails. I did hand make my shell top tho. Big project and I am happy with how it turned out.
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~

Last edited by TwinPrincessMermaids; 09-20-2013 at 10:56 AM.
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:19 AM   #687
disneyfreakliveshere
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
You can buy the tails! I'm upgrading to a brighter tail color before my next CC visit in May. Oddly I don't have any photos AT CC altho we did "snorkel" as usual in out tails. I did hand make my shell top tho. Big project and I am happy with how it turned out.
You guys look wonderful. I love your tails.
disneyfreakliveshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:12 AM   #688
g3pak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreakliveshere View Post
You guys look wonderful. I love your tails.
Probably the only example of being able to say "I love your tails" without it being inappropriate.
g3pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:14 AM   #689
slzer0
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You can buy the tails! I'm upgrading to a brighter tail color before my next CC visit in May. Oddly I don't have any photos AT CC altho we did "snorkel" as usual in out tails. I did hand make my shell top tho. Big project and I am happy with how it turned out.
So VERY awesome!
Old 09-20-2013, 05:14 AM   #690
slzer0
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3pak

Probably the only example of being able to say "I love your tails" without it being inappropriate.
Well that, and formal night. ;-)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: