Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #661
SteamboatWillie1021
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergusBC View Post

Quick, give us the name so I know who to request as a server
Awesome servers! Sounds like y'all had a blast!
SteamboatWillie1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #662
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamH5 View Post
I agree with you Steve. Being a mom of 3 toddlers, if she even had an inkling that her child would nap on CC, she should have been more prepared, with say, a stroller... IJS. If my family had those chairs and our towels were on them, and we were SWIMMING, I most certainly would have asked her to get up and leave when I came back with MY Tired kiddos...

That's not a 'Chair hog' btw. I would define a chair hog as someone who comes early, throws towels over the chairs for friends/family who don't show up for another 2-3+ hours. But if I go to a pool and chairs are available (and we do, often, as do the rest of the pool patrons) my kids and I will put our towels there, go swim, then take a break, etc... We've been known to spend 4-5 hours at the public pool, even taking a break to go outside and eat lunch, and yes I FULLY expect my belongings to still be at my chair when I return. As does everyone else. It's called respecting others property and having common courtesy.
I believe the original post said the chairs were holding snorkels. Just snorkels. No towels or anything else to make it appear that maybe a family was swimming and would be back.

In that case, I don't believe she was wrong to do as he did.

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #663
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We've been known to spend 4-5 hours at the public pool, even taking a break to go outside and eat lunch, and yes I FULLY expect my belongings to still be at my chair when I return. As does everyone else. It's called respecting others property and having common courtesy.
I wouldn't call holding up a chair for 4-5 hours that your aren't sitting in, while making others stand who would actually want to be in it just so you can finally sit down when you are done, common courtesy. As far as I'm concerned, a chair isn't mine if my butts not in it. I can understand if you are using the bathroom or grabbing a drink and will be right back. But 4-5 hours? Maybe I just have a weird sense of "common courtesy".

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 09-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #664
4redheads
Earning My Ears

I guess I would see it very differently. I am the type who sees a tired mom with sleeping child in my spot I would ask if she needed anything and if she could continue to watch my chairs while I run to get a drink. Buys me more time. Could have made a new friend.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
4redheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #665
ssbn740
Earning My Ears

Location: Just this side of the river separating me from Florida resident prices

I confess

I love reading these confessionals. I have been reading for two days and haven't mad it all the way through. Here goes mine... (taking deep breath)... I booked a veranda room just so I could sit outside and drink my coffee nekked. There, I said it and I own it.

Sorry if I ruined anyone's plans for sitting on a veranda because now you're going to be wondering if the last person that had the cabin sat naked in it.
ssbn740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #666
NikiM20
This is my first exchange so play fair!!
We have a pretty nice little zoo here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4redheads View Post
I guess I would see it very differently. I am the type who sees a tired mom with sleeping child in my spot I would ask if she needed anything and if she could continue to watch my chairs while I run to get a drink. Buys me more time. Could have made a new friend. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Best post of the day
Old 09-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #667
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbn740 View Post
I love reading these confessionals. I have been reading for two days and haven't mad it all the way through. Here goes mine... (taking deep breath)... I booked a veranda room just so I could sit outside and drink my coffee nekked. There, I said it and I own it.

Sorry if I ruined anyone's plans for sitting on a veranda because now you're going to be wondering if the last person that had the cabin sat naked in it.
This one is awesome!!!! I was always worried that even on sea days someone on either side could look around the white verandah wall and see in, yes I'm paranoid.
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #668
singhsongs
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbn740 View Post

Oh my gosh now I know who that was!!! What is that a tattoo of anyways? Sorry for peepin, but if you put it out there I'm going to look.
singhsongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #669
slzer0
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamH5

That's not a 'Chair hog' btw. I would define a chair hog as someone who comes early, throws towels over the chairs for friends/family who don't show up for another 2-3+ hours. But if I go to a pool and chairs are available (and we do, often, as do the rest of the pool patrons) my kids and I will put our towels there, go swim, then take a break, etc... We've been known to spend 4-5 hours at the public pool, even taking a break to go outside and eat lunch, and yes I FULLY expect my belongings to still be at my chair when I return. As does everyone else. It's called respecting others property and having common courtesy.
Sorry, saving chairs while you go eat lunch is definitely 'chair hogging'.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #670
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slzer0 View Post
Sorry, saving chairs while you go eat lunch is definitely 'chair hogging'.

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #671
TempusFugit
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhsongs

Oh my gosh now I know who that was!!! What is that a tattoo of anyways? Sorry for peepin, but if you put it out there I'm going to look.
Being naked on the veranda is mild in comparison. Bring Lysol.

Want to split a pineapple?
TempusFugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #672
Suger Mag
DIS Veteran

ice cube spitting...

We had gotten back early from port... I think it was in Cozumel... and I and the kids were hanging on the veranda looking out over the pier and we had drinks with lots of ice. The pier was DESERTED... no one down there... so we started seeing who could hork a ice cube the farthest. We were having a blast, and I was giving my 18 year old a run for his money in the distance department... when our veranda neighbors came out... saw what we were doing and gave us such a disgusted look... I felt like such a BAD mom... but it was hella fun

ps: I totally promise we hit NO ONE
Magic Kingdom and River Country 1980 * Grand Floridian Grand Gathering/ Wonder Cruise 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas:40th B-day/ Food and Wine 2009 * Grand Californian Experimental Biology 2010 * Animal Kingdom Villas:Thanksgiving 2011* 20th Anniversary Fantasy Cruise July 2013* Spring Break on the Wonder March 2014

Canada * England * Belgium * Netherlands * France * Denmark * Sweden * Norway * Austria * Hungary * Yugoslavia * Spain * Morocco * Egypt * Mexico * Germany * Caribbean
Suger Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #673
Beermam42
Grit and bear it

LA fantasy May 31, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHannas View Post
Right up the road from ya! Gonzales La checking in. We still fantasy next May.
Live in Houma La will be on Fantasy 5-31-2014 if this your date please join the dis thread for this cruise and Facebook page.
Beermam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #674
n8nally
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassDisLovers View Post
My confession... I just dont get when adults are all excited about the "signing by the characters" thing. I want to scream "The characters are not REAL!". I imagine a bunch of DCL employees dreading signing the endless pillowcases and mats for photos. Do you think they have to take special classes to learn to "write like Cinderella" or "do a sad Eeyore signature" ?

Ok, my rant is over...........
They do! And you cannot be a character if you haven't mastered the signature.

I've eaten at 148 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (60%)
I've eaten at 56 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (64%)
I've eaten at 39 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (53%)
I've eaten at 6 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)
I've eaten at 2 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (67%)

n8nally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #675
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassDisLovers View Post
My confession... I just dont get when adults are all excited about the "signing by the characters" thing. I want to scream "The characters are not REAL!". I imagine a bunch of DCL employees dreading signing the endless pillowcases and mats for photos. Do you think they have to take special classes to learn to "write like Cinderella" or "do a sad Eeyore signature" ?

Ok, my rant is over...........
Well, this being an open confessional which should be free from judgement, you of course are entitled to your opinion...

...even though it is wrong.

Some might not understand the concept of adults singing Disney songs and swimming in mermaid costumes either. I always wonder why the people who are in the 'that could never happen, that's not real category' like Disney, because nothing is real about Disney! That's WHAT I like about it!

I also give the characters credit. They aren't models, they are actresses. They stay in character the entire time, and they don't just sign stuff, they interact with you. We enjoyed our time with Princess Tiana (a lovely complete class act), and when we told Ariel that we were real life mermaids too on the island that day, without missing a beat, she asked "and what color mermaids were you?"

I love those gals. They are living my dream. I believe it's not easy and seeing them all over the ship or park IS thrilling, whether I'm 13 or 31!

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...66438223_n.jpg

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...95237943_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...91535524_n.jpg

~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: