Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #601
noahdove
DIS Veteran

You can also take many of them if you have a Hospice home near you...they get by on donations...J/S
Old 07-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #602
ksagan
Dreaming about Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
I too sail in April 2014
Seems so far away -- doesn't it??
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #603
TamaraH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
I brought an iron and it caught on fire and I just threw it overboard.

Just kidding. Just seeing if anyone was reading this. No one at home ever listens to me...so, I just thought I'd check here.
Hahahahahahahaha!!!
Disney Fantasy October 2013 - Eastern Caribbean

TamaraH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #604
Ellie Fredrickson
Earning My Ears

My 24 year old DD brought home something she "found on the floor" . . . the big plastic map of the decks on the four ships used at the on-board booking desk! I don't approve . . . . but love looking at it!

Once last year, I asked for a Mickey Bar for dessert, and the server gave me a hard time ("Those are just for the kids.") On my EBTA this year, when I really didn't care for the desserts that night, I sheepishly asked my server for one, and he not only brought it . . . but kept bringing one EVERY NIGHT, even when I ordered a dessert! I felt so guilty letting them go to waste, I would eat them, but I finally had to tell him to stop (I mean it was a 14 night cruise . . . that's alot of Mickey Bars!)
Ellie Fredrickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:15 AM   #605
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie Fredrickson View Post
My 24 year old DD brought home something she "found on the floor" . . . the big plastic map of the decks on the four ships used at the on-board booking desk! I don't approve . . . . but love looking at it!

Once last year, I asked for a Mickey Bar for dessert, and the server gave me a hard time ("Those are just for the kids.") On my EBTA this year, when I really didn't care for the desserts that night, I sheepishly asked my server for one, and he not only brought it . . . but kept bringing one EVERY NIGHT, even when I ordered a dessert! I felt so guilty letting them go to waste, I would eat them, but I finally had to tell him to stop (I mean it was a 14 night cruise . . . that's alot of Mickey Bars!)
Lol re big plastic map & mickey bars! Funny how the servers vary. I have found that also!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #606
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltink View Post
Ok since we are all "confessing".... I had several banana soft serve ice cream cones...a day. I feel better now that you all know!
If that's something we have to confess, then I'm guilty, too! Only I ditched the cone and just filled up one of the coffee cups from the beverage station and took a spoon from Goofy's Galley to eat it with. Why make all those trips to the soft-serve machine??
kayaker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #607
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker35 View Post

If that's something we have to confess, then I'm guilty, too! Only I ditched the cone and just filled up one of the coffee cups from the beverage station and took a spoon from Goofy's Galley to eat it with. Why make all those trips to the soft-serve machine??
Premeditated confession. I am so doing this on my cruise this month lol. Forget the coffee cup I'm going for a bucket from she sells sea shells...
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #608
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Premeditated confession. I am so doing this on my cruise this month lol. Forget the coffee cup I'm going for a bucket from she sells sea shells...
Go for it!!
Old 09-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #609
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxin View Post
In between cruises, I use all of the H20 products I take home, but I save the bottles. Then I take the empties with me, and put them out in place of the full ones each day, putting those in my luggage to take home.
That is THE best idea!!
Old 09-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #610
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
U are my kinda dude! My honey is a Disney buff too thankfully (and we both were crazy sci find star trek n doc who fans before we met!) But I love love love Disney music. It is a very happy frame of mind. I don't run to it (because the mornings are busy enuf with bonehead people leaving for work driving like idiots in a resident and because I enjoy running with my two four leg wonders (12 pound terrier is a runners dream) and so I need to hear traffic coming and like the birds chirping etc. Stupid shin splints have me backed off to 13 min miles! (Oh well, anything is better than nothing.) However I find that I cannot clean the house without blasting Pandora Disney music!!! That is a must. If its going to be a long day catching up And up and down the stairs with laundry etc, then I will strap on my phone and ear buds so it moves with me.

My honey is funny. When he wants to perk me up, he says "brush and brush and brush my hair".

It is mental motivation I think. Extra kudos when a park song comes on!!!!!! Sometimes its Canada, sometimes its the Pirates ride, sometimes its Tiki Room! That really gets me excited like being there in addition to the soundtrack classics. Additional bursts of energy come from "hakuna matata" (just found a shirt at Walmart with simba and that on it that is my size! Not junior, yay!) And I also bop a bunch to Bear Necessities!

I was quite happy it was playing on the cruise in the background all the time.

Of course, my ringtone is Part of Your World. but that is just obvious!

Oh one more thing. On our 12 hr drives down, it makes for really fun driving music to Orlando! My honey puts on the Pandora for me while I drive and he gets out the laptop and watches whatever movies he wants with headphones and every now n then he chimes in with the song. Happy happy times and a much happier drive!

Great confession muscle dude!
Have you heard of Sorcerer Radio??? Park music all the time!!!

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #611
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post
Ok I have held this in long enough and I know I am going to get it but here it goes. I was once asked why I never did a FE. My answer: Cause I think it is stupid. There you go. Go ahead let me have it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

lol.... I think it's fine for kids... kind of like May Baskets. I haven't formally participated, but I've been known to leave a little something in the pockets of the children's FEs. I don't have any interest in receiving anything.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #612
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje View Post
My confession is that I got good seats to several shows by looking for someone who was saving a bunch of seats and sitting in them. I don't mean that if someone was saving a seat for someone who ran to the bathroom I ran over and snagged their seat. I mean that if someone was trying to save an entire row they might suddenly find themselves four seats short.
That's not a confession.... it's a story of courage!! I love it! I made the mistake of trying to take a seat in a row someone was guarding before one of the shows. I was promptly told that the row was RESERVED! I should've stood my ground, but my husband wouldn't allow it.... preferring to allow the row hog to break the rules than assert our right to sit in any empty seat we wanted (except for the situation you mentioned about a seat that was already occupied but left for a good reason). Next time I'll let him go find another seat by himself, lol.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #613
nixieh
Here in rainy London wishing we were in sunny Florida

I have just spent all evening reading this and it had me in stitches.

Ok so here are mine:

I didn't think the famous Palo chocolate soufflé was anything special (quickly ducks and takes cover)

I deliberately seat myself first so that I can sit furthest away from whoever else we have to dine with which leaves the rest of my family having to do the awkward small talk (I know that is really bad)

Always pretend to be asleep during spa treatments to avoid the aforementioned small talk

Have been known to help myself to the odd chocolate off the housekeeping trolley when going past and took home lots of tea bags from the hot drinks station (figured I didn't actually drink much of it on the cruise so,worked about the same overall)

Can't help but think people who spend time in the gym on a cruise are daft although they get the last laugh when I see how much weight I put on at the end of the cruise!

Finally...lovely though our servers were I would sometimes excuse myself straight after dinner so I didn't have to be appreciative of the daily magic tricks (I feel guiltiest about this as they were so sweet but I did leave my husband and at least one of my daughters behind to watch them.

WOW didn't realise I had been bottling all that up - feel cleansed now

Aug 2014 7 night Med Cruise and pre cruise stay in Barcelona

Aug 2013 5 nights Beach Club, 7 nights in a villa and 7 nights on the Fantasy

Aug 2011, 5 nights POLY with free dining, 2 nights HRH, 6 nights in a villa, 2 nights at the beach in Treasure Island and 4 nights at the BC - staying CL for the first time!!!

December 2009, 3 nights Wilderness Lodge, 7 nights Villa, 4 nights YC

August 2008, 4 nights at the Poly, 8 nights at POR, 2 nights PBR and 4 nights at the Beach Club

August 2007, 3 nights POP, 11 Nights POR with free dining 3 nights DCL, 4 nights at BC

April 2006 Poly, AKL DCL

nixieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #614
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
U are my kinda dude! My honey is a Disney buff too thankfully (and we both were crazy sci find star trek n doc who fans before we met!) !
Doctor Boooooooooooo! My wife watches this constantly. As you can tell, I do NOT share her interest.

Sent from my IPad using DisBoards.
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #615
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixieh View Post
I didn't think the famous Palo chocolate soufflé was anything special (quickly ducks and takes cover)

Have been known to help myself to the odd chocolate off the housekeeping trolley when going past

Can't help but think people who spend time in the gym on a cruise are daft although they get the last laugh when I see how much weight I put on at the end of the cruise!
We don't like the choc soufflé at Palo either. In fact, we tell them to please NOT bring it. We've had them bring it out without us asking and it gets wasted. We tried it 3 different times. Just not for us. (We MUCH prefer the Grand Marnier soufflé!)

We don't take choc - DH likes the bar soap lol....

And I love the gym. Like love it I'm there at 6:25am waiting for it to open and I wished it opened at 6am or even earlier!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: