Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #571
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna08 View Post
I hate putting used tampons into little bags that the stateroom host has to handle.
Hee hee -- that's why whenever possible, I go to a public restroom onboard and use the holders they have in the stalls.

I brought Twinings tea bags from the ship home from our Baltic cruise and passed them off as "souvenirs from London" to friends.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #572
quarkwright
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksagan View Post
I'm obsessed with learning as much as I can before we sail in April 2014. My family thinks I'm nuts.
You and me both! But I don't cruise until Sept 2014!

Not sure when the next one will be yet, but can't wait to cruise again!
quarkwright is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #573
DisneyBride1214
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarkwright View Post
You and me both! But I don't cruise until Sept 2014!

That is too funny! I don't sail until December 2014 for my wedding/family cruise and I am on every site imaginable to learn everything about the cruise since I am a newbie. Everyone thinks I have gone off my rocker I have OCD and let me tell you in has kicked in!

DisneyBride1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #574
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBride1214 View Post

That is too funny! I don't sail until December 2014 for my wedding/family cruise and I am on every site imaginable to learn everything about the cruise since I am a newbie. Everyone thinks I have gone off my rocker I have OCD and let me tell you in has kicked in!
I was the same way before my May cruise wedding. To fill the void from wedding planning I'm already planning my August 2014 cruise.
August 2014 - Alaska on the Wonder
May 2015 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
December 2015 - Bahamas on the Wonder
dclwonderprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #575
ariel68
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Not on the cruise exactly but on phone to DCL for the 50,000 time after our cruise was chartered by another party and we were being punted to another cruise. Anyway I was on hold for ages whilst the agent talked to 'shore services' about my compensation etc. After ages I was desperate to go to the bathroom after being very English and drinking too much tea thinking oh my I am going to have my own aquaduck here...So I thought I will have time to go to the little girls room taking phone with me whilst listening to a lovely Disney song...

You can guess what happens next. When one can't stop oneself the agent comes back on the phone. So my confession is continuing the conversation during this act of nature.

Lol. I waited of course to flush...
Old 07-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #576
LemonPie
Mouseketeer

After lurking around this thread for weeks I finally decided it was time to post. I look forward to joining the Verandah Club (have only ever had inside rooms before). On a non DCL cruise a very long time ago BC (before children) we mooned the port of Stockholm. It just seemed like the thing to do. And finally I too question Max's parentage. Really how did Goofy find any kind of woman that would breed with him, be it cow, mule, dog or moose (it could happen) Just saying
LemonPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:03 AM   #577
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post

My confession is I see nothing wrong with this... Lol my idea was wearing my smart crocs to Palo.. Lol
I love my crocs

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 07-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #578
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post

I love my crocs

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Me too! I pack quite a few pairs. I was just admiring the new boat shoe range!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #579
lovefromkatie
Earning My Ears

This thread is too funny!

Disney Dream-August 2012
Disney Fantasy-August 2013
Magic Kingdom-Summer 2004
lovefromkatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #580
TheHannas
Mouseketeer

Ok I'll admit that I love this topic and I never thought I would have anything to contribute till now.....
I thought I would share here because dis boarders would not judge me.
Ok here goes.....this is so difficult!!!!
I'm a 34 years old, male, and enjoy exercising (at this particular time enjoy running about 4 miles a day), shaved head, like to think in fairly good shape, run on the road by our house no gym, 5'6ish, 175lbs, street bike, mustang mach 1, typical male gear head (trying to paint a visual image).
Confession; When I run I enjoy listening to radio Disney
Wow that felt good!!!!
It all started when I had a talk with my son about the old saying "you are what you eat" or in our case-what you listen to. I heard some "distasteful music" and had the talk, what you take in is what you will portray. Sat back and though for a bit after that talk that some of the happiest times in our family lives involved Disney music. So I figured I would let that spoil over in my exercising.
Oh and since I'm spilling, I shed a few tears stepping on the magic for the first time. It was a big accomplishment for our family to be able to get to that point in our lives....

I hope my wife doesn't read this!!!!

TheHannas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #581
OMD13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHannas View Post
Ok I'll admit that I love this topic and I never thought I would have anything to contribute till now.....
I'm a 34 years old, male, and enjoy exercising (at this particular time enjoy running about 4 miles a day), shaved head, like to think in fairly good shape, run on the road by our house no gym, 5'6ish, 175lbs, street bike, mustang mach 1, typical male gear head (trying to paint a visual image).
Wow that felt good!!!!
It all started when I had a talk with my son about the old saying "you are what you eat" or in our case-what you listen to. I heard some "distasteful music" and had the talk, what you take in is what you will portray. Sat back and though for a bit after that talk that some of the happiest times in our family lives involved Disney music. So I figured I would let that spoil over in my exercising.
Oh and since I'm spilling, I shed a few tears stepping on the magic for the first time. It was a big accomplishment for our family to be able to get to that point in our lives....

Good for you!!! That's awesome!

OMD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #582
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

U are my kinda dude! My honey is a Disney buff too thankfully (and we both were crazy sci find star trek n doc who fans before we met!) But I love love love Disney music. It is a very happy frame of mind. I don't run to it (because the mornings are busy enuf with bonehead people leaving for work driving like idiots in a resident and because I enjoy running with my two four leg wonders (12 pound terrier is a runners dream) and so I need to hear traffic coming and like the birds chirping etc. Stupid shin splints have me backed off to 13 min miles! (Oh well, anything is better than nothing.) However I find that I cannot clean the house without blasting Pandora Disney music!!! That is a must. If its going to be a long day catching up And up and down the stairs with laundry etc, then I will strap on my phone and ear buds so it moves with me.

My honey is funny. When he wants to perk me up, he says "brush and brush and brush my hair".

It is mental motivation I think. Extra kudos when a park song comes on!!!!!! Sometimes its Canada, sometimes its the Pirates ride, sometimes its Tiki Room! That really gets me excited like being there in addition to the soundtrack classics. Additional bursts of energy come from "hakuna matata" (just found a shirt at Walmart with simba and that on it that is my size! Not junior, yay!) And I also bop a bunch to Bear Necessities!

I was quite happy it was playing on the cruise in the background all the time.

Of course, my ringtone is Part of Your World. but that is just obvious!

Oh one more thing. On our 12 hr drives down, it makes for really fun driving music to Orlando! My honey puts on the Pandora for me while I drive and he gets out the laptop and watches whatever movies he wants with headphones and every now n then he chimes in with the song. Happy happy times and a much happier drive!

Great confession muscle dude!
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #583
sorceressk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHannas View Post
Wow that felt good!!!!

What a sweet approach to parenting. Love this.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #584
TheHannas
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE TwinPrincesssMermaids;I enjoy running with my two four leg wonders (12 pound terrier is a runners dream) and so I need to hear traffic coming and like the birds chirping etc. Stupid shin splints have me backed off to 13 min miles! QUOTE]

My wife suffered from splints also, I have never experienced them thankfully.We have two boxer's, but running with them is a challenge to say the least! I'm averaging 8:15-8:30 ish miles... your right about the music, it just puts you in a happy place! Thanks for the kind words!

Last edited by TheHannas; 07-21-2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: edit quote
TheHannas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #585
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Regarding the shin splints/times, last year best was my two mile track in 19:08. This years was 19:28. This jogging shuffle is annoying me but I got a massage on Thurs and she worked on where the tendon attaches and I have developed these "ridges" and got it worked over fairly good. They have since improved more. I'm also changing days up to include my favorite weight lifting squats and lunges and step box workout videos so that it strengthens the whole system instead of just the lower leg or quad and tendon. I've also improved my hydration before working out first thing in the morning and upped my supplements with magnesium and calcium. I have them 95% kicked right now! Here's hoping I can still run CC 5k in the spring with my Twinkie so we can run it together.

Also good for you for working hard to take your family! I feel that way anytime I step on Disney property (its a tough call as to which makes me gasp more, my "home" the Tower or that endless symbol golf ball. I think prob the Spaceship earth because it opened when we were born, its probably more "Disneyworld" to our fam then Cinderella's castle..)
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~

Last edited by TwinPrincessMermaids; 07-21-2013 at 03:04 PM.
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: