Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #511
Carrie in AZ
DIS Veteran

My confession is that I've been on this board for a few years and have never actually sailed on DCL or any other line!!! We are hoping to sail for the first time ever this Oct on the Wonder. Hopefully it will happen so that I finally have DCL experience and can contribute in the future.
July 2013 Aulani
June 2012 - GCH July 2012 - Aulani
June 2011 - CR/BCV
Thanksgiving 2010 - Disneyland
Nov 2009 - CR/Poly Oct 2009 - GCH Nov 2008 - BC
June 2008 - GCH Oct 2007 - DLH
Nov 2006 - POR June 2004 - DLH
Apr 2002 - POR Nov 1999 - Dixie Landings
Carrie in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #512
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatDenver View Post
It's not just that he doesn't wear shoes. Goofy's hands are really his feet too. He's a dog. I'll confess though I never understood why Pluto, also a dog, is relegated to walking on all fours, doesn't speak except barking, and doesn't wear clothes. Goofy, a dog, wears clothes, walks upright, speaks words, and uses his front paws as hands. The only thing more concerning is the fact that I actually spent time pondering this! LOL
Glad I'm not the only one!

Goofy and Pluto are my two favorite characters and I've never gotten a picture with Goofy since cruising. I have with Pluto.

I think Pluto is a lab based on personality. But his ears make me think some sort of hound. He could be an American lab (longer snout, colors, etc) and have some of the recessive pre-Labrador traits (which would explain the ears.). I've never heard of Goofy being a mule though I've never heard of. I just though Goofy was a human-fied hound. I could be wrong.

...Now I feel bad that I've spent time on that topic.
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #513
msd1776
NebraskaDisneyFan

I booked our first cruise on a whim only 9 days from sailing. I am a planner so I crammed all kinds of research into those few days. My husband wasn't eager to go. I know think about the cruise, and going back, regularly. I just need to convince him. I would rather go on a cruise and only spend a couple of days in the park.
msd1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #514
dreamer2014
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myca View Post
We were told on a DCL bus that Goofy is actually a mule while Pluto is a dog.
I always thought he was a dog too. But now that I think of it, being a mule makes a little more sense since he's paired up with Clarabelle the cow. Not that mules usually fall in love with cows...lol.

This thread gets better every day!
Old 07-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #515
sorceressk
Mouseketeer

It embarrasses me when they announce my name upon boarding. I try to walk in with the family ahead of mine, like I'm just part of their group, so we can be under the radar. Lol.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #516
Kendal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceressk View Post
It embarrasses me when they announce my name upon boarding. I try to walk in with the family ahead of mine, like I'm just part of their group, so we can be under the radar. Lol.
Think about it though u stands around to wych the next family walk through most of them are in so much awe... The only one who knows most the time is the ones behind you... And walking with the family in from there name was just called... But this is funny

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Kendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #517
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer2014 View Post

I always thought he was a dog too. But now that I think of it, being a mule makes a little more sense since he's paired up with Clarabelle the cow. Not that mules usually fall in love with cows...lol.

This thread gets better every day!
He's not paired up with Clarabelle, that's Horace Horsecollar she pairs up with and he is a horse.

Last edited by DannyDisneyFreak; 07-06-2013 at 01:57 PM.
DannyDisneyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #518
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDisneyFreak View Post

He's not paired up with Clarabelle, that's Horace Horsecollar she pairs up with and he is a horse.
But now that I think about it I think Goofy has paired up with her from time to time, I think that's because Horace lost prevalence but Horace was her original boyfriend. The change in Clarabelles love interest maybe why I think whoever has said Goofy is a mule may be confusing his as Horace. I wonder if that is why Horace fell to the wayside, maybe because he resembled Goofy too much.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #519
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceressk
We had diff last names in our cabin. So when they asked, we said The Twins. That was a nice welcome..we overheard one of the CMs say "they really are twins!"

This has come up before. You can basically tell them...anything you want.
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #520
barbmouse
Thanks for your support!! I have met the nicest people here!! I guess the really grouchy people wouldn't be avid Mickey fans, now would they??
Dole Whip It Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie in AZ View Post
My confession is that I've been on this board for a few years and have never actually sailed on DCL or any other line!!! We are hoping to sail for the first time ever this Oct on the Wonder. Hopefully it will happen so that I finally have DCL experience and can contribute in the future.
That's ok! I can so relate. I joined this board prior to taking my first DCL to get info and it took awhile for my DCL dream to come true. I have now cruised DCL only once although I have cruised other lines. I would love to cruise DCL again in the future.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #521
ArmandXG
The Great Baldini: Master of Time, Space and the Infinite Universe

All of my confessions!

On our first cruise, we "christened" the room as soon as we got in it! We are also members of the Verandah Club and the Exotic Rasul Club. In fact, I cracked my tail bone in the Exotic Rasul room and was in constant pain for the remainder of our vacation.

We bought mini bottles of spiced rum to dinner every night to add in our cokes. I don't know what I'm going to do this time since I've given up drinking soda.

I came to dinner EVERY night tipsy from the giant chocolate martini's I had in the Sessions lounge.

Every afternoon I walked around with a cup of Bailey's Irish cream in hand. I was on vacation! I drank a lot!!!

We threw a message in a bottle overboard. No word yet on it's whereabouts.

On our second cruise, I hated the fact that we brought my parents along!

I accidentally let my father (in a wheelchair) roll into traffic when I was unloading him at the port. I then laughed about it!

I almost dumped my father out of his wheelchair as we went over a "speed bump" in the hallway of the ship... and laughed at that, too!

Ok, I'll admit I was trying to kill my father and make it look like an accident! (Just kidding.... maybe)

I yelled at my father and bullied him into getting in line for pictures with the characters. He later admitted to having fun with said characters!

We plotted to throw an old woman and her dog overboard!

Although I enjoy meeting new people on the cruise, I don't want to be new best friends and hang out with you. I prefer to be alone with my spouse! ... See confession #1!

Oct. 1990 WDW honeymoon, off site; Oct. 2000 WDW 10th anniversary, P.O. FQ; Nov. 2002 WDW Nephew's B-day, Allstar Movies Dalmation; Dec. 2004 WDW 14th (and X-mas) P.O. Riverside; Oct. 2006 DCL Magic 16th Anniversary, 1st cruise; Dec. 2008 DCL Wonder pre-X-mas and Parent's 1st cruise; Dec. 2010 WDW Secret trip and 20th anniversary,CSR; Oct 2012 WDW 22nd Anniversary (and Halloween), CBR. Oct.2013DCL Fantasy, 23rd anniversary
ArmandXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #522
ThePicketts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myca
We were told on a DCL bus that Goofy is actually a mule while Pluto is a dog.
Wrong
He was first introduced as Dopey Dog.
Sorry, some things must be said.
ThePicketts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #523
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePicketts View Post
Wrong
Well, actually Dippy Dawg:

In the newspaper comic strips, this new character was first given the name Dippy Dawg. A 1938 book indicated the first change to Dippy's name, "The Story of Dippy the Goof," and by 1939 the final change was made to Goofy with the release of the cartoon "Goofy and Wilbur."
http://disney.go.com/guestservices/faq?id=mnf10

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #524
Debbie
DIScovering DIS magic
WISHing my way to success!
Thought processes working overboard!
We have YOUR date so book it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePicketts View Post
Wrong
From Wikipedia
Quote:
Originally known as Dippy Dawg, the character is more commonly known simply as "Goofy," a name used in his short film series. In his 1950s persona, Goofy was called George Geef, or G. G. Geef, implying that "Goofy" was merely a nickname. In Goofy Gymnastics (1949) he fills out a coupon with the name James Boyd.[1] Sources from the Goof Troop continuity give the character's full name as Goofy Goof, or G. G. Goof, likely a reference to the 1950s name. In many other sources, both animated and comics, the surname Goof continues to be used. In other 2000s-era comics the character's full name has occasionally been given as Goofus D. Dawg.

ºoº Lovin' the mouse from my Canadian house! ºoº

offsite-'85
CBR-'90FWHomes-'94FWHomes-'97HIFS/BC-'99Dixie Landings-Jan. '00 (just the parents)HIFS/Dixie Landings-Aug.'00ASMu '01Courtyard by Marriott DTD '02Courtyard by Marriott DTD/Coronado Springs '03Wilderness Lodge-Marathon Weekend '05POP with youngest sister '05POP with FREE DINING '06ASMu with DH '07POP with youngest daughter '0825th anniversary trip at Poly '09POR (still Dixie in my heart) with DH '121 night Kidani Village before 7 night Disney Fantasy Cruise '13
Debbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #525
postalchick71
Mouseketeer

We were at a character breakfast. Minnie came to the table and I put my arm around her. I accidentally grabbed her butt in the process. The look on my face when they took the pic was amusing DS asked me why did I look so scared, was I afraid of Minnie.
2011-7 Night Magic(Western)
2012-7 Night Magic(Western)
2013-March 24 Dream
2014-April 12 Fantasy
postalchick71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: