Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #166
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

I wore flip flops to dinner. I tried wearing heels the first two nights (and brunch at Palo), but I had torn some cartilage in my knee a few months before and live in Birks. I hurt, wore flip flops.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #167
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Have now read this start to finish, and I can barely breathe from laughing so hard!!! We go on our third DCL voyage in November, and sadly we have it done any of theses thins...yet. Had no idea we were that boring... I think that this thread may be my guilty pleasure, as I am supposed to be reading for my class...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #168
Tami0220
Chip & Dale Fanatic

I slept with the verandah door open to hear the ocean at night. Very peaceful and relaxing, but a DCL no no.

My hubby wears a CPAP breathing machine at night and sometimes the straps come loose and it makes noises. I usually ignore it or gently wake him to tell him to tighten it up. Well one night it was really whistling. I waited and waited for him to wake up and correct it. I must have been in a bad mood because finally I wacked him on the chest and rudely and loudly said "you're leaking!"

He tried adjusting the straps, the face mask, the seals everything. It wouldnt stop whistling. Turns out there was a pretty good wind outside and it was whistling through the room. I felt terrible.....but I still will sleep with that door open, lol

Tami & Mike
Tami0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #169
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

These are so funny. "You're leaking!"

haha...
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #170
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tami0220 View Post
I slept with the verandah door open to hear the ocean at night. Very peaceful and relaxing, but a DCL no no.

My hubby wears a CPAP breathing machine at night and sometimes the straps come loose and it makes noises. I usually ignore it or gently wake him to tell him to tighten it up. Well one night it was really whistling. I waited and waited for him to wake up and correct it. I must have been in a bad mood because finally I wacked him on the chest and rudely and loudly said "you're leaking!"

He tried adjusting the straps, the face mask, the seals everything. It wouldnt stop whistling. Turns out there was a pretty good wind outside and it was whistling through the room. I felt terrible.....but I still will sleep with that door open, lol
Omg! How funny are you??? I would sleep with the doors open in a heartbeat, but I'm quotes sure my 9yo son would somehow end up in the ocean...
Old 06-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #171
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeans1010 View Post
I wore flip flops to dinner. I tried wearing heels the first two nights (and brunch at Palo), but I had torn some cartilage in my knee a few months before and live in Birks. I hurt, wore flip flops.
Not all flip flops are equal. I found some cuties at Kmart that are sparkly and have arch support and super comfy (although I did successfully, I don't recommend MK in them however) but for going around the cruise, they were great, and always looked cute! They have multiple colors but I got myself bright sparkly pink. And even this Tiara & dress wearing stickler felt like wearing flip flops with fancy dress, and they were fine!

It's all in the selection.
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #172
Fantasiesabound
Mouseketeer

Quote:

OMG!!! So Funny!! I have a CPAC too!!! I totally know what you are talking about!

... I too leave the door open while we're in the cabin... maybe a little.... But I like my AC at night.

Link to some of my scrapbooking pics from our 2006 Cruise:http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=326
07/13/12 - 07/15/12 2SN NYC Disney Magic cabin 2012 ~ ~ 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 4S Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Dream cabin 5650 ~~ 04/18/09 - 04/25/09 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 7586 ~~ 04/29/06 - 05/06/06 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 6608
Fantasiesabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #173
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post

Not all flip flops are equal. I found some cuties at Kmart that are sparkly and have arch support and super comfy (although I did successfully, I don't recommend MK in them however) but for going around the cruise, they were great, and always looked cute! They have multiple colors but I got myself bright sparkly pink. And even this Tiara & dress wearing stickler felt like wearing flip flops with fancy dress, and they were fine!

It's all in the selection.
The only thing I wear at WDW is crocs flip flops! I have probably 7 colors of the Athens by Crocs. I wear them everyday that's above 50!!!!
Old 06-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #174
MrsB919
Mouseketeer

Quote:

That's so funny. That would be something I would totally do. The more I read people's confessions I realize the things I did that we weren't supposed to do. Whoops! I had no idea you couldn't leave the verandah door a lil open. That was one of my fav things. Really lulled me to sleep.

(Me) (Hubby) (Tanky) : (Ony) (Michey)
5/14- BCV, 9/13- CBR & DCL Fantasy, 9/12 -BWI,12/11 -POP, 9/11- Wedding & Honeymoon GF & DCL,
4/11,7/10,3/08 etc. (to many to count)- Offsite
MrsB919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #175
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

I totally wanna toss grapes off the balcony now.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 06-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #176
mk12a
Earning My Ears

I'm also guilty of bringing a couple of shells home from CC. And more than a few Twinings tea bags from the drink station have also found their way home with me.
Disney Magic - 10N Mediterranean 9/10, Disney Dream - 4N Bahamas 10/11, Disney Magic - 7N Western Caribbean 3/12, Disney Dream - 3N Bahamas 11/12, Disney Dream - 3N Bahamas 1/13, Disney Dream - 4N Bahamas 6/13, Disney Magic - 4N Bahamas 12/13, Disney Magic - 7N Southern Caribbean 9/14, Disney Dream - 4N Bahamas 12/14

mk12a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #177
tawneycarter
Earning My Ears

Guilty Pleasure

This thread is a guilty pleasure I wait to get home each nigh to read the new confessions.
tawneycarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #178
Snick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk12a
I'm also guilty of bringing a couple of shells home from CC. And more than a few Twinings tea bags from the drink station have also found their way home with me.
You actually FOUND shells on that beach???? I found it so clean! No shells of any kind!!! Not that I would have brought one home!! LOL

This is a great thread!!
2010, Pop Century, 4 days
2012, Land & Sea: Bahamas 4 day cruise, Pop, 7 days
2013?????
Snick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #179
shmoogrrrl
Tigger Goddess
Has discovered the mysterious and elusive tag fairie
Has a fondness for 7624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
I totally wanna toss grapes off the balcony now.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Not gonna lie....It was fun. Mickey was kind of fun too, just for the horrified look on my husband's face.

We've often discussed whether crackers would be cooler, because they might actually fly a little, but we don't want to be total ocean litterbugs.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #180
AshAlytwins
DIS Veteran

Location: 16 hr. Autotrain ride away from the MAGIC! Hollidaysburg, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkBell10
My 2 DD's and I have very long, very thick hair. I asked our room attendant for an extra bottle of shampoo & conditioner the first night. Every night after that, he brought us 2 to 3 extra sets! I kept them instead of returning them....love that stuff!
Quilty too...my twin 20 year olds use aoot of product in their hair!!
POP Century/MVMCP/Wonder 12/'05
AKL/Wonder/POP Century/MVMCP 11-12/'06
WDW/Sheraton Vistana Villages 6/7-6/15/'08
Disney Magic Ignagural NYC-Bahama Cruise 5/25/12-6/02/12
Disney Magic Final NYC-Canada Cruise 9/12-17/2012

AshAlytwins is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: