Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2011, 11:24 PM   #1
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran

Just booked my first Disney Cruise, made a boo boo !!!

Okay, just booked my first cruise for June 24, 2012 on the Disney Dream !!

Here is my problem, I had previously saved the vacation on Disney Cruise Online with the round trip ground transfers between the airport & the Cruise ship, but when I booked it, it must have removed them & I did not notice it.
I should have because it was $140 less than what it should have been. I just emailed Disney Cruise Line guest services since they are currently closed until tomorrow at 9 AM, but will I be able to add the roundtrip ground transfers to my existing reservation without losing my room#? I love the room # we received, it is Room # 8676.

Please help me !! I am panicing since this is my first time to book a cruise !!

Thanks to anyone that may have also made this boo boo before !!! Uggh, I hate messing stuff up !!!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:27 PM   #2
auntlynne
Aunt Lynne

You can add and delete the transportation option without affecting your booking price or room.

Sleep peacefully - if you can - you're going on a Disney cruise
DISNEY FANTASY | March 12 ~ W Maiden Voyage
ISLAND PRINCESS | June 12 ~ AK SBound
GOLDEN PRINCESS | Sep 12 ~ 1N Repo
STAR PRINCESS | Sep 12 ~ 2N Vancouver - San Francisco
DIAMOND PRINCESS | July 13 AK NBound
ALLURE OF THE SEAS | Mar 13 ~ W (My 100th Day at Sea while on the World's Largest Cruise Ship)
auntlynne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2011, 11:27 PM   #3
disney 2010
DIS Veteran

No Worries you can easily add and subtract ground transfers anytime. I don't know I don't know the exact timing but within days of travel. You have lots of time to add them on
Old 03-11-2011, 11:38 PM   #4
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran

When I received my email confirmation page, it would not allow me to click on the ground transfers option, it just says "not selected".

So do you think in a few days it will allow me to go back into my reservation & add the ground transfer?

I tried to go back into the site, but it would not give me the option to add it there either. I just put down the $600 deposit, do you think that has to be in the system awhile before I can update it?
Old 03-11-2011, 11:44 PM   #5
auntlynne
Aunt Lynne

You can add transfers up to about 3 days before your cruise - so you can call tomorrow or sometime down the road.
DISNEY FANTASY | March 12 ~ W Maiden Voyage
ISLAND PRINCESS | June 12 ~ AK SBound
GOLDEN PRINCESS | Sep 12 ~ 1N Repo
STAR PRINCESS | Sep 12 ~ 2N Vancouver - San Francisco
DIAMOND PRINCESS | July 13 AK NBound
ALLURE OF THE SEAS | Mar 13 ~ W (My 100th Day at Sea while on the World's Largest Cruise Ship)
auntlynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:50 PM   #6
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much !! I was so worried they would have to cancel my existing reservation & I would lose my room#, I really like that one !!

I will give them a call tomorrow & get them to add it to my reservation.

Thanks fellow Dis Buddies, I can sleep well !!

We have been to Disneyworld the past 8 years in December, so this will be our first Disney Cruise Line vacation in the warmer months !!!

I am totally not into dressing up, but since they have the Cabanas on the Disney Dream & it is casual there. We will probably just eat there or order room service, I don't have any desire to dress up for dinner. I know some folks enjoy that, but I just want to relax & take it ooooohhh so slowly this vacation !!!
Old 03-12-2011, 12:00 AM   #7
kcashner
DIS Veteran

I don't know about doing it on line, but you can pick up the phone and do it. It won't affect your reservation at all.

You can even book transfers as late as when you arrive at MCO...I don't recommend this, but it can be done.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:14 AM   #8
SteelersLover
Mouseketeer

I did the same with one of my reservations and i changed the reservation to select ground transportation online about a week later. i just went into the reservation in the planning center and where it says room category there is a button for "change" the options come up on the left side of the screen allowing you to chose ground transportation without changing your room selection. you'll receive a change notification and i think i was promptede to pay an additional $10 to my deposit
SteelersLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #9
schoonersky
Mouseketeer

Dressing for dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNDecember View Post
I am totally not into dressing up, but since they have the Cabanas on the Disney Dream & it is casual there. We will probably just eat there or order room service, I don't have any desire to dress up for dinner. I know some folks enjoy that, but I just want to relax & take it ooooohhh so slowly this vacation !!!
When we were on the Wonder in early December, we didn't really 'dress up' for dinner. We wore jeans and shirts, or something similar, and there were various levels of dress in the dining rooms, from shorts to dresses. I would still plan to do dinner in the dining room at least some of the nights if it was me! The food was very good........... LOL

November 2013: Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon
March 2013 - Boston, MA-April 2012 - Boston, MA - March 2012 - Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica - July 2011 - Quebec City PQ - December 2010 - Disney Wonder and the Contemporary!! -August 2009 - POP Free Dining - August 2008 - POR Free DIning - March 1983 - Offsite
schoonersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #10
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoonersky View Post
When we were on the Wonder in early December, we didn't really 'dress up' for dinner. We wore jeans and shirts, or something similar, and there were various levels of dress in the dining rooms, from shorts to dresses. I would still plan to do dinner in the dining room at least some of the nights if it was me! The food was very good........... LOL
That is GREAT to hear !!! We will surely do that then, great tips !!! I have tons to learn, need to get passports...... I am glad it is over a year away, I am a planner & this is going to be so fun learning all this new stuff.

I am a bit bummed that we cannot book our excursions until April 2012, that is only 3 months before the ship sails, I would think that this would make it difficult to get the excursions that you want, but hopefully not.

GOOD NEWS !!! I just called, they added my ground transportations & I received my confirmation email, feel much better now !!! Thanks guys, you rock !!!

Old 01-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #11
4DisneyFansinWV
Earning My Ears

DisneyNDecember, how did u like 8676 on the Dream? Looking to book that room for the Nov 10 double dipper castaway cay cruise. Thanks!
4DisneyFansinWV is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: