Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
abbundy
Earning My Ears

Pop vs carribean beach

We have a free dining pin. Thinking of going in October. If we stay at Pop we will upgrade the dining plan. For not very much more we can stay at the Carribean Beach resort. Any opinions on which is better? Going with husband and 7 year old daughter.
abbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
shells4
Mouseketeer

Personally, I think all the resorts at WDW are great (we have stayed at the value, moderates, and deluxe). However, the moderate resorts are quieter, more relaxing, and more adult themed. We absolutely would upgrade to CBR if it didn't cost much more. We have stayed at the CBR twice and our kids love it. They have also stayed at POR twice and both children prefer the moderator resorts to the POP resorts. They have a great pool for kids at the CBR as well as some quieter pools around the resort.
shells4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

CBR!!!!! For the same price you get bigger rooms, double sinks, more comfortable beds, better pool, hottub, beautiful grounds, more relaxing.....
Old 06-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #4
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

shells4 is, right, they are all great, but there are measurable differences between the value and moderate resorts. I love CBR! It is spread out, open, very pretty, and the buildings are only 2 story. This helps with the spacious resort feeling. And it has a nice lake, island with bridge, and two hot tubs near the main pool. Since the price difference is nil, take the opportunity and stay at CBR!
Yellowstonetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #5
dskib
DIS Veteran

I'd check out The Port Orleans resorts if I were you. They've both been recently refurbished and have queen beds. I like them much better than CBR. They should run about the same.
dskib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:37 PM   #6
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly chloe
CBR!!!!! For the same price you get bigger rooms, double sinks, more comfortable beds, better pool, hottub, beautiful grounds, more relaxing.....
Ditto. CBR is our favorite moderate. Four stays now and can't seem to pull the trigger on any other resort.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:56 AM   #7
Disneyworld Kirk
Earning My Ears

My wife and I honeymooned at CBR and we 'liked it'.
Our next trip was to POP and we 'loved it'.
The CBR was beautiful, nice rooms, nice food court, and very tropical feel to it...but we didn't like the bus service going around to some or all of the 7 areas first before heading to a park or our long walk (which was gorgeous) to Port Royal for pop and food.
Plus Pop is cheaper pricewise.
But either one is Disney...just pointing out our opinion! LOL
2000-All Star Movies
2002-All Star Music
2003-Carribean Beach Resort (HONEYMOON!!!)
2005-Pop Century
2009-Pop Century
2011-Wilderness Lodge
2013-Wilderness Lodge
2013-Pop Century (10th ANNIVERSARY!!!)
2014-Pop Century
Disneyworld Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #8
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyworld Kirk View Post
My wife and I honeymooned at CBR and we 'liked it'.
Our next trip was to POP and we 'loved it'.
The CBR was beautiful, nice rooms, nice food court, and very tropical feel to it...but we didn't like the bus service going around to some or all of the 7 areas first before heading to a park or our long walk (which was gorgeous) to Port Royal for pop and food.
Plus Pop is cheaper pricewise.
But either one is Disney...just pointing out our opinion! LOL
I was going to point that out as well. One of the reasons I'm not a fan of the moderates is the internal bus system. If you are one of the first stops, you have to sit through all the other ones. If you are one of the last stops, you might have to stand since the bus has already stopped several times. At Pop Century, you have one line for each park and once on the bus, you go to that park (except Animal Kingdom since you stop at Blizzard Beach first).

Caribbean Beach does have a hot tub but Pop Century doesn't. Pop Century has three pools, Caribbean Beach has the featured pool at the main building and then a quiet pool at each of the villages. One note about Caribbean Beach is that you do not check in at the main building. I think that's the only Disney resort (except the campgrounds) where this occurs. Leads to a noisy check in process since there's no where for anyone to go and roam around so everyone stays in the same place. Caribbean Beach has a table service restaurant (but it doesn't get good reviews). Caribbean Beach's rooms are larger than Pop Century's. However, with just three people, the size of the room would be fine at Pop Century.

You can't use the pools at Art of Animation but that resort is just over the bridge so you can use their food court or walk around the resort if you'd like.

I think that covers the differences. Only you can decide.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #9
bryannem
Mouseketeer

I have stayed at both. As far as the buses, we were in a building at CBR that was second to last on the loop, so it was very easy. Maybe you can request one of those buildings? I found that the buses going to and from the parks for the moderates are much less busy. We always got on the first bus that came and usually had seats. At Pop, it seems there are always a lot of people. Unless you pay for a preferred room at Pop, some buildings are as far from the main building as at CBR. I prefer the moderates for theming and more of a resort feel. Many afternoons, we were the only ones at the pool. But you will have fun either way!
1981-2000: multiple trips at Fort Wilderness; 2002: girls only trip at All Star Movies; 2005: All Star Music; 2006: Pop Century; 2007: DisneyLand!; 2008: Pop Century and Bonnet Creek; 2010: offsite; 2010: Caribbean Beach; 2011: Bonnet Creek; 2012: so many! Love having business trips to Florida! (5 times so far!). 2013: DVC with the whole family!!
bryannem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #10
Danielle3699
Mouseketeer

We've stayed at both and had a great time at both! I'd definitely stay at either one again. With that said, I did get a better night's sleep at CBR because the bed and sheets were more comfortable. CBR was a little quieter as well. Both have great food courts. CBR has multiple bus stops and POP just has one, but that was never an issue while we were there. I think all the Disney resorts are wonderful so I don't think there are any bad choices here!
Danielle3699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #11
luvpalmtrees
Mouseketeer

We've stayed at both multiple times and we are staying at CBR in July. We like POP and have no complaints but love CBR!!! We love everything about it! The theming is great and it is just beautiful! The resort is spread out but that doesn't bother us. The bus service is fine and also the multiple stops do not bother us. Bus service could be a hit or miss at any resort. The pool is big, has zero entry and the kids pool area is awesome and Caribbean music playing! We also love the food court! Of course, like any other resort it can be busy at times. This is just my opinion, we all have different likes and dislikes. Good luck with your decision!
luvpalmtrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #12
Splash Mountain Fan
Mouseketeer

We honeymooned at CBR so I may be biased, but I prefer CBR over POP. However, POR is my favorite mod.
Jan 2014-BLT, Sept 2013-SSR, Nov 2012-POR, Sep 2012-BWV, May 2012-AKV, Jan 2012-AKL, Sep 2011-SSR, July 2011-OKW, Mar 2011-SSR, Sep 2010-ASMu/BLT/SSR, Oct 2009-SSR/CBR, May 2009-OKW/ASMu, Oct 2008-SSR/POP, Nov 2007–POP/OKW/POR, May 2007-BWV, Mar 2006–SSR, Sep 2005–ASMo, Aug 2003–CBR, Aug 2002–CBR, May 1995–Offsite, Jun 1994–Dixie Landings

DVC Member (SSR) - March 2006

"To all who come to this happy place; Welcome" - Walt Disney
Splash Mountain Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #13
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly chloe View Post

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: