Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
MommyRobin
Mouseketeer

Will there be a room rate increase?

Thank you Disboards for notifying me of the ticket increase I just went and purchased our tickets for our August trip from UT using the Mousesavers code (there are 5 adults and 1 child going so it could have broken the budget!).

I haven't booked our room reservation yet. We want Pop, taking advantage of the summer RO offer (travelling in the third week of August). I'm confused over whether or not there will be a price increase in room rates tomorrow as well Any insight?
MommyRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyRobin View Post
Thank you Disboards for notifying me of the ticket increase I just went and purchased our tickets for our August trip from UT using the Mousesavers code (there are 5 adults and 1 child going so it could have broken the budget!).

I haven't booked our room reservation yet. We want Pop, taking advantage of the summer RO offer (travelling in the third week of August). I'm confused over whether or not there will be a price increase in room rates tomorrow as well Any insight?
No. Tomorrow's increase should impact ticket prices only.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
MommyRobin
Mouseketeer

Thank you! Just what I wanted to hear
Old 06-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
JamiLeigh
Mouseketeer

Good Question! When do they typically raise room rates? I'm trying to figure out a budget for our 2015 trip. I've been looking at historical ticket price increases to get a ballpark figure. So what about room rates? I guess it probably depends on the type of resort? Any experts out there know?
JamiLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Hotel prices are set for the calendar year. Generally in August they'll announce the prices for next year.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #6
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
Hotel prices are set for the calendar year. Generally in August they'll announce the prices for next year.
Actually there is no set room rate that you can identify as rates or rate increases. Whenever they add or subtract something the rates can change without notice and one never knows what they are going to pay for something until they actually made reservations. That's basically when you find out what your rate will be and what is included. That's why Disney loves the hotel business so much.
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #7
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren
Actually the last two years it has been earlier; last year it was June right after the ticket price release.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #8
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
Actually there is no set room rate that you can identify as rates or rate increases. Whenever they add or subtract something the rates can change without notice and one never knows what they are going to pay for something until they actually made reservations. That's basically when you find out what your rate will be and what is included. That's why Disney loves the hotel business so much.
Then how can both mousesavers and allears have 2013 rates posted?
Old 06-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #9
MommyRobin
Mouseketeer

As I said, we want to go in August. What are the chances that there will be a room rate increase in that time?
Old 06-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #10
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyRobin View Post
As I said, we want to go in August. What are the chances that there will be a room rate increase in that time?
If you mean August of this year, zero.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #11
Jestocost
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
Full-price, undiscounted "rack" rates are set during the summer of the previous year. Discounted rates or package specials of various kinds may be made available later, but I am not aware of a situation where rack rates have been increased after they originally were set.
Spring 1976, WDW/Golf Resort; Spring 2000, WDW/CBR; Summer 2002, WDW/CBR; Thanksgiving 2003, Disney Wonder & WDW/CBR; Fall 2004, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2005, Disney Magic Western Caribbean; Fall 2005, WDW/BC; Summer 2006, Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean & WDW/POFQ; Christmas 2006, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2007, DLR/Disneyland Hotel; Fall 2007, WDW/Poly; Summer 2008, WDW/POFQ & Disney Wonder B2B; Thanksgiving 2008, WDW/Poly; Summer 2009, WDW/AKL; Christmas/New Year 2009-2010, WDW/Poly and Disney Magic Western Caribbean; Spring Break 2010, WDW/BC; Summer 2010, WDW/GF; Thanksgiving 2010, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2011, WDW/BC; Summer 2011, WDW/BWI; Thanksgiving 2011, Disney Dream; Summer 2012, WDW/AKL;F&WF 2012, WDW/BWI; Spring Break 2013, WDW/BC; Summer 2013, Disney Wonder Alaska; F&WF 2013, WDW/YC; Spring Break 2014, WDW/AKL and Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; Summer 2014, WDW/WL

Jestocost is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: