Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
DisneyDreamer1974
Mouseketeer

Getting a bad room location at the Yacht Club

Staying 6 nights in a standard room at the Yacht Club in August. Will arrive later in the day that what I like, around 2-3. I know from experience the earlier you arrive the better a chance you have of getting a room with your request. The only request I think I am going to ask for is maybe as close to the lobby as possible.

So when we arrive around 2 or 3 and if we were placed in one of the rooms that is extremely far away from the lobby, do you think it would be worth it to try to change rooms the next day? I mean it would only be for 5 more nights, so I don't know? Never stayed there before.

Is there any advantage to a ground level floor, or a higher floor level? Is there any other request I might ask for that would be better. I think I am just going to put 1 down, no more.
DisneyDreamer1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

To be honest, unless you pay for a preferred room I wouldn't expect to be very close to the lobby. But it wouldn't hurt to request that I guess. But if you booked a standard room don't be surprised if you are very far from the lobby.

Since there are elevators I wouldn't care what floor I was on personally. I have never had trouble being on the ground floor and hearing ppl above me.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #3
mmmears
DIS Veteran

I have requested "close to lobby" at the YC in the past -- and we usually check in late in the evening (8pm or later). While our standard rooms haven't been right by the lobby, they have never been all that far from it. The hallways at the YC are long, but for 5 nights I would not bother with moving, even if my room was far away. But that's really a personal choice -- if you really don't like the room location and nothing is available, then it might be worth moving the next day.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #4
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 View Post
To be honest, unless you pay for a preferred room I wouldn't expect to be very close to the lobby. But it wouldn't hurt to request that I guess. But if you booked a standard room don't be surprised if you are very far from the lobby.

Since there are elevators I wouldn't care what floor I was on personally. I have never had trouble being on the ground floor and hearing ppl above me.
Yacht Club doesn't have preferred rooms. Rooms are by view - standard, garden, water, also club level. Only values and moderates have preferred rooms close to the lobby.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #5
CoolPool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12

YC does not have a preferred room category. Just make your request "close to lobby" and hope for the best. If I don't like my room assignment I tell them immediately that I'd like to see if anything else is available. Last time we stayed at the BC we were assigned a Juliet balcony room; I asked if a full was available and they said no. I asked if a ground floor patio was available and one was. We were thrilled with the location near the marketplace and the exit to Epcot. Politely advocate for yourself and give them options to help you.
CoolPool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
Yacht Club doesn't have preferred rooms. Rooms are by view - standard, garden, water, also club level. Only values and moderates have preferred rooms close to the lobby.
Well that takes it to a whole new level. I wouldn't want to stay there unless I could have a preferred room. That sucks. You would think with as much as deluxe resorts cost they could guarantee you close to the lobby.

In that case OP then I would say you definitely will HAVE TO ABSOLUTELY request near lobby or there is no other way to get it.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: