Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #61
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Pirates has done well for years without the FP option. It is unusual to see waits there in excess of 30 minutes most days. Summer might be a little higher. Keep it if you want though (of course).
I'm having trouble keeping up with posts here but since I started this I guess I should continue.

I have never gone at a really "bad" time but I have never seen a wait time posted past 10 minutes.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #62
picktails
DIS Veteran

Really hoping to be able to give this a try during our trip in November. We're a very high-tech family and would LOVE to be in on the new options!

1976-CR...1980-offsite...1986-offsite...1990-CBR...1995-Dolphin...1997- POR...1999-POR...2001-CSR...2003-CSR...2005-AKL...2007-BC...2009-BC...2010-CSR...2011-BWV...2013-BWV
picktails is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #63
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post

I'm having trouble keeping up with posts here but since I started this I guess I should continue.

I have never gone at a really "bad" time but I have never seen a wait time posted past 10 minutes.
Took 25 minutes or so for me just a few weeks ago. Seen and did worse than that March 2012 during early part of spring break--it happens.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #64
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsarahsaid View Post
Oh yeah...they had a bunch of top tier attractions. On our last day we're going back to MK and got FP+ with return widows one right after the other for Pirates, Peter Pan and Big Thunder Mtn. For our day at Epcot we got FP+ for Soarin' - 9:25 to 10:25 and Test Track - 10:25 to 11:25.
This is exactly like the "accidental sneak peak" in March. Could be just for testing purposes, but looks encouraging. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Thanks again. Pretty much all tests to this point have grouped attractions into tiers, severely limiting the ability to choose more than one headliner per day. The appeal of that arrangement was, shall I say, lacking. Your information thankfully suggests for the first time, in a real way, that limitation may not be in the final product. Time will tell!

I'm so opening myself up, aren't I?
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #65
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Very excited to hear the reports back. Traveling in early September I initially thought that it would be rolled out by then -- we'll have to see. Hopefully I'll qualify for some sort of testing!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Nicole786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #66
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
That is some major park criss crossing. I guess I am not sure how this all works. You pick a "group" and it will only give you the FP+s for that group. Say Big Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan, and Pirates? Do you then get to pick the specific times and order you want to do those or does it plan those out for you? I would never travel with my fams from Space Mountain then all the way over to Pirates in one hour. I would have a mutiny on my hands. Why aren't they grouped a little better say Buzz and Space or Big Thunder Mountain and Pirates or Peter Pan and Barnstormer?
That is what I thought - major park criss-crossing. What is interesting, tho is somewhere in an Disney interview, they said one of their goals was to keep guests from,having to criss cross so much. Why spread the FP+ across the park? So perhaps, when the Peter Pan times opens up, they'll give you a surprise Pooh FP or something to that nature??? Or Buzz when SM FP+ time rolls around???

Hmmmm
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:31 AM   #67
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Interesting...maybe we'll drop the FP+ for Pirates and get a Wishes FP+ instead?! Thanks for the insight.
Quote:
I would certainly consider that. But it all comes down to what you want to do.

Agree with mesaboy here, but if you can tell us what choices you had, there are plenty of folks here to give you advice (if you want it) as to which of these attractions are likely to need FPs and which ones won't...

I think what we're really interested in is seeing what groups of choices you were given (for example, you could pick 2 out of Big Thunder, Splash, Space, Peter Pan; you could pick 1 from parade, fireworks, princess meet n greet, etc.)
Old 06-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #68
linzbear
Flirts with Chip

Quote:
Interesting...maybe we'll drop the FP+ for Pirates and get a Wishes FP+ instead?! Thanks for the insight.
Personally, I'd swap it for Jungle Cruise. That standby line sucks. Hot, outdoors, nothing to look at, and slow moving.

Pirates doesn't have FP because it's such a fast loader.
04/92 - CBR | 03/94 - Offsite | 03/03 - VWL | 05/05 - BWV | 05/06 - DLR | 12/06 - VWL | 04/07 - BCV | 10/07 - OKW/AKV | 12/07 - VWL | 09/08 - OKW | 10/09 - AKV | 11/10 - AKV/VWL | 10/11 - BLT/Swan | 5/13 - VWL
Planned:
11/14 - AKV
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #69
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

While I'm interested in the fast pass + aspect, I'm also interested to see how touch to pay works out for table service/bars. I liked using touch to pay in may at quick service and retail locations, however I didn't see anything set up in places like Rose & Crown Pub or at any restaurants.
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

honeymo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #70
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
While I'm interested in the fast pass + aspect, I'm also interested to see how touch to pay works out for table service/bars. I liked using touch to pay in may at quick service and retail locations, however I didn't see anything set up in places like Rose & Crown Pub or at any restaurants.
The servers will probably use a wireless handheld device that will have a RFID reader.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #71
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
We ate at 50s Prime Time and Big River Grille this past weekend...paid the usual way. But they'll need a way with the MagicBands. I believe they will bring a portable payment terminal (looks like a big calculator) so you can scan the band/card and enter the tip and PIN.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #72
Princess MaryPoppins
Cast Member 2008 - Magic Kingdom

Damn! We check in at AKL on June 18th!

Princess MaryPoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #73
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Thanks again. Pretty much all tests to this point have grouped attractions into tiers, severely limiting the ability to choose more than one headliner per day. The appeal of that arrangement was, shall I say, lacking. Your information thankfully suggests for the first time, in a real way, that limitation may not be in the final product. Time will tell!

I'm so opening myself up, aren't I?
I was thinking that too but with such a small sample group, who knows? It might change quite a bit once it opens up for everyone.

I guess that we're back where we started.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #74
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I was thinking that too but with such a small sample group, who knows? It might change quite a bit once it opens up for everyone.

I guess that we're back where we started.
As they increase the size of the tests (or even during a staged rollout), I can see them making adjustments as they see what is popular, what is running out too fast, etc.

But the fact that it's not totally tiered as previously is encouraging.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #75
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
As they increase the size of the tests (or even during a staged rollout), I can see them making adjustments as they see what is popular, what is running out too fast, etc.

But the fact that it's not totally tiered as previously is encouraging.
Those adjustments could cause tiers but hopefully they'll be very flexible and loose. The earlier information sounded so rigid.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: