Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #46
VACamm
DIS Veteran

I'm checking in on June 15-24... So I guess I won't be chosen??? Booooo
Old 06-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #47
Nixie
DIS Veteran

That is some major park criss crossing. I guess I am not sure how this all works. You pick a "group" and it will only give you the FP+s for that group. Say Big Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan, and Pirates? Do you then get to pick the specific times and order you want to do those or does it plan those out for you? I would never travel with my fams from Space Mountain then all the way over to Pirates in one hour. I would have a mutiny on my hands. Why aren't they grouped a little better say Buzz and Space or Big Thunder Mountain and Pirates or Peter Pan and Barnstormer?

Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #48
whatsarahsaid
Mouseketeer

Ohhh good point! I didn't think about the park crossing! It's just DH and I so we won't have anyone else to worry about. But maybe I'll go in and edit my FP+ times for MK so I won't feel like I'm running all over the park in the span of a couple hours! Lol! Thanks for pointing that out!

wdw - akl may 2006 // wdw - off site june 2007 //disneyland july 2012 // wdw - akl june 2013 // disneyland paris august 2013 // wdw - wilderness lodge september 2014

**OFFICIAL JUNE 2013 WDW MAGICBAND TESTER**
whatsarahsaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #49
chartle
DIS Veteran

never mind missed a page of posts
Old 06-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #50
whatsarahsaid
Mouseketeer

Wait...do I not need a FP for Pirates? I honestly just grabbed FP+ for rides DH and I like. Figured I would need FP+ for any one of them considering the parks will be very busy.

wdw - akl may 2006 // wdw - off site june 2007 //disneyland july 2012 // wdw - akl june 2013 // disneyland paris august 2013 // wdw - wilderness lodge september 2014

Old 06-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #51
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsarahsaid View Post
Wait...do I not need a FP for Pirates? I honestly just grabbed FP+ for rides DH and I like. Figured I would need FP+ for any one of them considering the parks will be very busy.
Pirates has done well for years without the FP option. It is unusual to see waits there in excess of 30 minutes most days. Summer might be a little higher. Keep it if you want though (of course).

However...the addition of a FP queue could easily increase those usual waits with a large test base. For such a limited number of guests using FP+, I would not expect any noticeable increase.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)

Last edited by mesaboy2; 06-04-2013 at 08:26 PM.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #52
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Ohhh good point! I didn't think about the park crossing! It's just DH and I so we won't have anyone else to worry about. But maybe I'll go in and edit my FP+ times for MK so I won't feel like I'm running all over the park in the span of a couple hours! Lol! Thanks for pointing that out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
mesaboy2 I look at this and think fp pirates? what's up with this?
whatsarahsaid - it might be useful to see what attractions you actually have available to make choices - for instance, can you change Pirates to BTM or Peter Pan or some other top tier attraction?

Were there any non-traditional choices, like the parade?
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #53
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
i edited my post because some of what I posted i thought was already addressed.

but pirates is an attraction you go to while waiting for your other fp to come up. like small world.

Last edited by chartle; 06-04-2013 at 07:47 PM.
chartle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #54
whatsarahsaid
Mouseketeer

They did have options for parades and fireworks...but I'm confused on how that works. Do they have special viewing areas for FP+?

Old 06-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #55
mesaboy2

Quote:
They did have options for parades and fireworks...but I'm confused on how that works. Do they have special viewing areas for FP+?
That seems to be the idea.

I think I (and a few others) would love a complete and thorough brain-dump of everything you saw and exactly how it worked.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #56
whatsarahsaid
Mouseketeer

Interesting...maybe we'll drop the FP+ for Pirates and get a Wishes FP+ instead?! Thanks for the insight.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #57
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
That is some major park criss crossing. I guess I am not sure how this all works. You pick a "group" and it will only give you the FP+s for that group. Say Big Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan, and Pirates? Do you then get to pick the specific times and order you want to do those or does it plan those out for you? I would never travel with my fams from Space Mountain then all the way over to Pirates in one hour. I would have a mutiny on my hands. Why aren't they grouped a little better say Buzz and Space or Big Thunder Mountain and Pirates or Peter Pan and Barnstormer?
If it is still working the way it did when I tested the "groups" are the tiers. You choose 1 FP+ from each group and then those 3 are grouped again into 3 to 4 options of time slots. You choose the option the best fits your need and confirm. Then you can go back and individually change selections to even better fit your schedule.

One feature I enjoyed from the first round of testing was the ability to adjust FP by person. So say you have a little one a pre-teen and 2 adults in the family you could adjust the fast passes so one adult is with the pre-teen at Space Mountain while another adult is with the little one at Buzz Lightyear space ranger spin or Pooh Bear etc or say you have teens you can allow them to have fastpass as to do their own thins and you have passes to do yours.
wilkeliza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #58
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
i edited my post because some of what I posted i thought was already addressed.

but pirates is an attraction you go to while waiting for your fp to come up. like small world.
I remember the days of long waits at Pirates. But ever since Fastpass, seemingly contradictory, the Pirates line is seldom long. You'd think it would be longer with all the people waiting for their Splash/BTM Fastpasses...

Quote:
That's what they've had during tests.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #59
mesaboy2

Quote:
Interesting...maybe we'll drop the FP+ for Pirates and get a Wishes FP+ instead?! Thanks for the insight.
I would certainly consider that. But it all comes down to what you want to do.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #60
Nixie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So you can pick pretty much whatever you want out of certain groups?? My plan would be something like this RD, hit up Splash, BTMR, rest of frontierland and adventureland, then get the FP+s for the afternoon or evening for things like Space, Peter Pan, etc. that definitely won't have FPs left in the evening. Or flip it. Space, Buzz, etc in the morning and FP+s Splash and BTMR in the afternoon or evening.
Just my opinion. I wouldn't use the FP+s for things first thing in the morning that probably won't have that great of a wait that early anyways.

Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: