Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #16
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

I like that date because, unlike many I do not want this system to be in play for my trip. I am the second half of July, there is no way they are going to have this up to speed by then and for that I am greatful
Old 06-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #17
capegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorepixie View Post
I like that date because, unlike many I do not want this system to be in play for my trip. I am the second half of July, there is no way they are going to have this up to speed by then and for that I am greatful
Yes! At least we'll know the drill.
capegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #18
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran

I think it's very clear that this is another round of testing, not the beginning of role out.

First, Cheshire called it a test.

Second, it has an end date. Role out wouldn't require guests to check out by a specific date.

Which means, anything we hear about guests experiences could be different from what it will finally be. They may make changes based on the tests, or they could alter how they know it will run in order to better test a certain aspect.

What I would love to know is what are the specific goals of this test. IT test? Guest satisfaction? Data to be able to predict guest FP+ selections? Effect on stand bye lines?
Old 06-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #19
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Hope they are testing when I am there in September.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #20
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessArlena'sDad View Post
1. I think it's very clear that this is another round of testing, not the beginning of role out.

First, Cheshire called it a test.

Second, it has an end date. Role out wouldn't require guests to check out by a specific date.

Which means, anything we hear about guests experiences could be different from what it will finally be. They may make changes based on the tests, or they could alter how they know it will run in order to better test a certain aspect.

2. What I would love to know is what are the specific goals of this test. IT test? Guest satisfaction? Data to be able to predict guest FP+ selections? Effect on stand bye lines?

this^

1.they may just be testing the bands the same way they used the cards.

2. or even things like if people actually show up for their fp+.

Last edited by chartle; 06-03-2013 at 08:52 AM.
chartle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #21
rammh
Mouseketeer

It's just good to hear some "official" information for once! Thanks so much Cheshire Figment~very much appreciated!!
rammh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #22
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammh View Post
It's just good to hear some "official" information for once! Thanks so much Cheshire Figment~very much appreciated!!
Yes, thanks for posting
Old 06-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #23
WendyWonderland
Mouseketeer

Very cool! I'm looking forward to hearing from those who get to try it out.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #24
pumpernickel
Mouseketeer

Not interested in this change at all. Horrible!!!!!!!!!!!
pumpernickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #25
CCole1013
Earning My Ears

I was so worried that my March trip would definitely be involved with FP+.
Now we are going in November and there's a chance this won't roll out then, and now I am upset that we wont get to try something new.

Hah.. i can't make up my mind.
CCole1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #26
BuzzBelleMom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update!

I am still protesting the use of bands because I want a black one

(Shallow, aren't I?)
Old 06-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #27
whatsarahsaid
Mouseketeer

My husband and I will arriving in 17 days (YAHOO) and got the email the other day that we are eligible to be "testers". We figured why not and selected our Magic Bands and secured our FastPass+ "reservations". While I do admit it is pretty great to know we already have FastPasses for the big rides we want to do (especially during such a busy time)...I am a little concerned about the fact that we may very well not be eligible to get any more regular Fast Passes after we have used our FastPass+. Unless I am misunderstanding something I am assuming we can't get any more than the three we are alloted per day. Which kind of stinks.

I do love that my room key, payment method and FastPass+ are all stored on a handy little wristband though. We'll see how it goes...I will definitely report back.

wdw - akl may 2006 // wdw - off site june 2007 //disneyland july 2012 // wdw - akl june 2013 // disneyland paris august 2013 // wdw - wilderness lodge september 2014

**OFFICIAL JUNE 2013 WDW MAGICBAND TESTER**

Last edited by whatsarahsaid; 06-04-2013 at 09:18 AM.
whatsarahsaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #28
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

It figures. I get excluded because I stay DVC. Also, I'm not staying at those resorts. And I'm going in October.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #29
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsarahsaid View Post
My husband and I will arriving in 17 days (YAHOO) and got the email the other day that we are eligible to be "testers". We figured why not and selected our Magic Bands and secured our FastPass+ "reservations". While I do admit it is pretty great to know we already have FastPasses for the big rides we want to do (especially during such a busy time)...I am a little concerned about the fact that we may very well not be eligible to get any more regular Fast Passes after we have used our FastPass+. Unless I am misunderstanding something I am assuming we can't get any more than the three we are alloted per day. Which kind of stinks.

I do love that my room key, payment method and FastPass+ are all stored on a handy little wristband though. We'll see how it goes...I will definitely report back.

Thanks for the report!

If you have time, can you let us know what sort of choices you were given (both for attractions and for time slots)?

Also, wondering if the e-mail you received says anything about whether you could reserve more FPs when you are in the park (above and beyond the FP+ that you were able to pre-book).

Historical Orlando weather data here: http://www.leaveittogenie.com/weather.html
g-dad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #30
ChloesDaddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsarahsaid View Post

Many, like myself, have the same concern about getting additional FPs in the park and will be very interested to hear what your actual experience is. Good luck and have a great time!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: