Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #16
AmyBlaze
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment View Post
Okay, I misunderstood. From your first post it sounded like you were trying to save TS credits to cover the 2 credit Narcoossee's, but now it sounds like that's not an issue.

As far as CS with portions to share we've shared at:
-MK: Cosmic Ray's, especially at dinner when the ribs and chicken combo is available.
-AK: Flame Tree Barbecue - good for sharing, just watch out for the birds in the seating areas because they'll want some too.
-Epcot: Sunshine Seasons - generous portions of many entrees.
-Epcot: Kringla - sandwich and a delicious dessert.
-Any park: Turkey legs are huge, but messy. One is enough for 3 of us.
Sorry - I realized I wasn't being very clear. It's not necessarily that I want more TS meals (though wouldn't be opposed to that either!). It was just that I felt as though I didn't have enough meal credits to really cover us through the whole trip since they give you meals based on your number of nights rather than number of days. And then on top of that I wanted a fancy meal that used up even more of those credits. Just trying to stretch those out as far as possible. And thought it would be easier (?) to split QS meals.

Looks like Flame Tree BBQ wins all around! And that's perfect for me since I loooove BBQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsdolphin
You might want to consider using a snack credit to add an additional side to your order giving you a larger meal to share.
Excellent suggestion!

---

Also a lot of you are saying 50's PT in HS. Do you think I should change my reservation from Mama Melrose?
AmyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #17
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Remember that you don't have to order a combo if paying OOP. So 1 person can get burger, fries, large drink, dessert. The other person can pay cash for a burger (it is cheaper than getting burger and fries). This would work especially well at a resort food court because you could use refillable mug for drinks.
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2013, 10:52 PM   #18
DVC California
Try this weird hybrid sometime: DisneyQuest + Water Parks Annual Pass.......it's a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiths02 View Post
Remember that you don't have to order a combo if paying OOP. So 1 person can get burger, fries, large drink, dessert. The other person can pay cash for a burger (it is cheaper than getting burger and fries). This would work especially well at a resort food court because you could use refillable mug for drinks.
Since QS combo meals include a beverage, we would always use our refillable mug for coffee/tea during breakfast and either grab a large bottled water or OJ for a drink later in the day.

I think we've had the best luck splitting TS meals at DHS restaurants, especially 50's PT and Sci-Fi Dine-in. They are usually kind enough to split the meal onto two plates with a full portion of sides on each.

If splitting a TS meal, please be kind and tip as if the check was for a party of two.

For CS meals, Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD has a great selection and large portions. I would probably split an order there regardless.

HTH, Steve
DVC California is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #19
loveswdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC California View Post
For CS meals, Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD has a great selection and large portions. I would probably split an order there regardless.

HTH, Steve
I was going to suggest WPE, too. The portions there are HUGE! We always end up throwing a bunch of food away (we don't split meals as we enjoying eating different things). I swear the last time I got the rotisserie chicken, they gave me 4 portions of mashed potatoes!

OUR TRIPS March '14-RPR/AKVK Oct '11-BCV Oct '10-HHI June '10 (Star Wars Weekends)-Swan/BWV Feb/March '09-OKW (Spring Training) Oct '08-SSR/POR (Alex's 1st trip) Oct '07-OKW (Our 1st MNSSHP) Dec '06-BCV (Our 1st MVMCP) Oct '05-BCV March '05-OKW/AKL (Spring Training/Jonathan's first trip!) Oct '03-BCV (first trip HOME!) Sept '02-POFQ (first trip for my mom!) Sept '01-Hard Rock Hotel (had to stay there!!) Sept '00-CSR (Millennium celebration) Sept '99-POFQ (honeymoon!) Jan '98 ASMu (first trip--the WDW addiction begins!)
loveswdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #20
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

My husband and I don't have any kids so it was just the two of us and we had the free DDP while we were there. We stayed 7 nights, not that it matters, but we, like you, arrived early in the morning (around 6-7am) and didn't leave until around 4pm on checkout day (just had concierge hold our luggage).

I did a lot of researching and what worked best for us was to just use our snack credits for a light breakfast each morning. Most mornings we each got a yogurt parfait (granola, yogurt & fruit) and that was huge and very filling...definitely filled us up until lunch time. A couple of mornings we each got a muffin and on another day we split a cinnamon roll from Main St Bakery but we realized we didn't stay full for nearly as long so we went back to the yogurt parfaits.

We usually did a CS lunch and while I originally planned for us to split some CS meals, we didn't end up needing to. We aren't huge eaters, but I honestly didn't think any of the meals I saw were large enough to split with 2 adults unless you are also eating snacks during the day (which we didn't). Most of our dinners were TS meals, and we did actually do Narcoossee's and it was wonderful! One of the days we weren't very hungry for lunch so we just ate an early TS dinner around 4pm and that ended up "saving" us a couple of extra CS credits. It worked well that way, and looking back, I probably would have chosen to do a CS breakfast, Snack for lunch, and an earlier TS dinner on many of the days.

We only got a couple of snacks during our trip because we were always so stuffed. We shared a pineapple dole whip, and also tried the red velvet cupcake from Starring Rolls. My husband did pay OOP for a few alcoholic beverages in Epcot but I didn't buy anything OOP except for a breakfast sandwich the morning of our arrival right after we checked in & didn't want to mess with dining credits yet. We may have purchased something to share on our check out day now that I think about it, but I can't remember.

Me-30: -&- DH-34:
LJSquishy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #21
jkatzz
Mouseketeer

We split many quick service meals. There is always too much food.
jkatzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #22
RIPaula
Mouseketeer

We love splitting QS meals ..

CBR food court is great for this( we split a Reuben)...probably others as well
Earl of Sandwich in DTD!!! YUM!! Easy to split one CS meal!
Tangereine Cafe in Morocco

It's easy to use a snack for a meal, too. Love trying to wangle more out of DDP!
RIPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #23
EmpressBubbles
Proud Duck Smuggler

My DH and I split CS frequently. Especially at places that offer great desserts or if we know we will be eating snacks. Mind you, we aren't tiny people.We could even be called "Pooh Sized." We aren't the type to go hungry!

Here are some of the places we split meals easily:

We have found that the turkey ciabatta sandwich at Sunshine Season was plenty to split as it comes with a side and they have HUGE desserts.

Starring Rolls also has sandwiches that we share. Sandwich, bag of chips and one of their giant cupcakes is plenty for two. (And the shop next door sells the carrot cake cookies!!)

At Pecos Bills, we have gotten one taco salad. By the time we left the toppings bar, it almost didn't fit on the tray! I'm positive I couldn't have finished that on my own!

Personally, I think the most important thing to remember about splitting meals is that there is always a great snack to be had later if you find yourself hungry. I would much rather pay OOP for a snack if needed, than extra CS meals at the end of my trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: