Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #76
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I could do it. I just wouldn't be in a very good mood by the time I got there. It's kind of funny, I don't mind driving for several hours, I actually find that relaxing. It just seems like flying anywhere is stressful and exhausting. It isn't that I don't like to fly, I love it actually. I just don't handle the "commercial airline" experience and being folded up in a seat that is way too small very well at all.
I don't mind someone else driving for hours but me, I despise it. Actually if I never had to drive anywhere again, ever, I'd be content. On this trip definitely the pre-security part was the worst, and then the heat. On both flights I was pretty comfortable seat wise (YAY!) with no seat mate issues...I get the middle when it's just Jeff and I so he can have the aisle, I'm nice and generous like that. But for the most part, flying is a chore, plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
That's surprising. They must have somehow missed it in the X-ray machine then?
I don't get it either but as it came in quite handy, I'm glad they did miss it!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #77
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Found this the other day and thought I had posted then but I guess not.

Enjoying the TR so far, I love Hawaii, it is so pretty there, I have been once on a cruise and stayed a couple days after but that was in like 98 pr 99, hope to be able to get there again someday but DH is reluctant to fly that far, I'll have to work on him! LOL

Can't wait to hear more!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #78
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Ahoy there! I'm here!! I just finished your OKW/Vero/DCL/AKV tr and had to book it over here! I love your reports! Can't wait to read about your Hawaii adventures!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #79
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

All caught up with the TR at least , I had to scip the chatter as I would take for evah!!! I was checked at security with a pair of scissors but the put them back in the carry on I was shocked !!! The price for your meal on the plane was soooo cheap !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #80
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

I am in - will read tomorrow nite -
looking forward to your TR !
'12-AKL~ '12-OKW~'13-OKW~'13-BCV~'14-OKW~
dvc at last ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:31 AM   #81
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Joining in, but I will need to go back and read up. I can't wait to hear about this trip, but sleep does take precedence tonight!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #82
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Found this the other day and thought I had posted then but I guess not.
I do that all the time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Enjoying the TR so far, I love Hawaii, it is so pretty there, I have been once on a cruise and stayed a couple days after but that was in like 98 pr 99, hope to be able to get there again someday but DH is reluctant to fly that far, I'll have to work on him! LOL

Can't wait to hear more!
It is far, depending on where you are coming from, though it takes longer to get there on a cruise! Not so bad if you split up the trip and spend some time in CA on the way there or back. We are about as close as you can be and it's still a longer flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Ahoy there! I'm here!! I just finished your OKW/Vero/DCL/AKV tr and had to book it over here! I love your reports! Can't wait to read about your Hawaii adventures!
Mahalo and thank you for reading my summer TR, it was a fun trip. We had an amazing time in Hawaii, it is a lovely resort, they really did a wonderful job with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc at last ! View Post
I am in - will read tomorrow nite -
looking forward to your TR !
Aloha and

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Joining in, but I will need to go back and read up. I can't wait to hear about this trip, but sleep does take precedence tonight!
Aloha Allison! sleep is NOT overrated that is for sure. Thanks for joining in, I got crazy behind on your last one but will try to do better. Very happy to have you here.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #83
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

You always seem to have hectic journeys to the airport!

I thought our Alaska Airline flight was good last year. Great that you get a free drink.

Wish I was relaxing in Aulani right now.
Chilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #84
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

What a beautiful first night! I wouldn't have minded the crummy Mai Tai, either. In fact, I had a lot of crummy ones on the island, and I really didn't care.
I'm wondering about the knife, too. I forgot to take my liquids out last trip! Jim says TSA has never been responsible for catching anyone - it is the fellow passengers or flight crew who pick up on things. So how safe do we all feel now?
I'm looking forward to your walk to the other coves - I didn't really get a feel for all of the grounds when I toured.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #85
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
You always seem to have hectic journeys to the airport!
oh less hectic than usual if you ask me granted that's not saying muich

Quote:
I thought our Alaska Airline flight was good last year. Great that you get a free drink.
The free drink was lovely. I really do love Alaska, it is always my first choice.

Quote:
Wish I was relaxing in Aulani right now.
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
What a beautiful first night! I wouldn't have minded the crummy Mai Tai, either. In fact, I had a lot of crummy ones on the island, and I really didn't care.

Exactly! It was still lovely, just not lovely enough to spend the big bucks and have it again.

Quote:
I'm wondering about the knife, too. I forgot to take my liquids out last trip! Jim says TSA has never been responsible for catching anyone - it is the fellow passengers or flight crew who pick up on things. So how safe do we all feel now?
I lost a wine opener on the way to San Fran I think. I often forget on the liquids, I've never had those called out.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to your walk to the other coves - I didn't really get a feel for all of the grounds when I toured.
Well....we will see what we explored and what we didn't....
Old 06-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #86
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

In case you were wondering, I'm totes ready for an update.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:25 AM   #87
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
In case you were wondering, I'm totes ready for an update.
Lol! Update pre-empted by dueling school events. Last concert of elementary school for Eric, middle school academic awards ceremony and science fair for Evan and high school choir concert for Kendall, of course all at exactly the same time! Cloning would have been handy.

Nice early birthday present for Evan who turns 14 in 40 minutes (aaack!)....though really it's more like 22 hours....with an honorable mention at the science fair. Kind if cool that it will be read at announcements tomorrow on his actual bday.

Even nicer for me that the effect of electromagnetic fields on mealworms is over! Lol!!!

I did start the update...may even get it up tomorrow. hope so as the weekend is ugly between scout camp, soccer tournament and my sisters graduation.

In other words, a normal weekend I'm sure much like yours!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:16 AM   #88
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

At 5 am I got up, I had a few work things to do so was getting up a little earlier than normal before heading in. Somehow in the process I managed to break the toilet. Went to flush, could tell the chain had come off, took the lid off, re-attached chain, went to flush again and BAM, the entire mechanism flipped up and locked up in the air. Great. Never had that happen before! I could not get it down/unlocked either. So I left it like that (well after I unhooked the chain and flushed manually lol).

Jeff had the day off anyway, right?
Why is it that little things like this happen just before a trip??? Good thing you had a repairman handy.

The under two hour flight to WDW is about all I can handle with my claustrophobic self. Sadly, I don't think I will ever be able to make the Hawaii trip because of the length of the flight.

Well...that and the money.

I think walking around Aulani would just be an amazing thing!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #89
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Your meal on the plane looked delicious! Very impressive. The one time we flew to Hawaii was from Australia. I don't really remember the food though.

Can't wait to see pictures during daylight.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #90
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Aloha Cynthia! Sorry to be so late- June is an insane month around here! But today it is pouring rain, so Field Day was cancelled, and I have a little time to DIS-

First off, how cool you have so much family in Hawaii! I wish I did- I would find a reason to go to every birthday party, retirement party, and envelope opening.

I have always heard Alaska Airlines is the best- and WOW! It looks like it really is! I had one of those uber-sweet Trader Vic's mai tais on my flight too- but paid $8 for it, I believe.

Very glad you got to Aulani in 20 minutes- that is PERFECT!

Looks like you had a fantastic trip planned- I'm looking forward to reading about how all your hikes were, since the next time we go to oahu that will be more in our plan there (we did most of our hiking on Kauai this last visit). And hey! Thanks for the shout out!

Ellen
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aulani, dvc, ka'ena, koko head

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: