Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #16
travelitis
DIS Veteran

Can't get free dining with AofA, and my family doesn't like the food court offerings there. I had a sandwich with stale bread, very calmly complained to 2 managers who were standing there, and they did nothing. Absolutely nothing. It was the 2nd and last meal I had there. I wanted a hot fudge sundae, not gellato, but you can't get that at AofA either.

I've stayed at all the values multiple times, and I've found Sports has the lowest rates and best drink selection. (Not all Disney drink stations are created equally) I like the surfing section best for tropical theme and location. I like to stay at PoP for overall theme and tie dye cheesecake and Movies for the Disney theme (best for the little kids).

I love the newly remodeled rooms at POR. Those are the closest you'll get to the decor of the castle suite. If you have Pirates, though, you should head to CB for a pirate themed room. POR is my favorite moderate, but I would compare the least expensive view at AKL then not make any request about location of room. Some standard view rooms have less than perfect savannah views. I've been in one, and it had a view of animal pens and the edge of the savannah. I paid a comparable price to a moderate. Now, there's no guarantee, and you could get parking lot view, but there are big balconies along the hallway where you can go out and view the savannah. If you're in the parks during the day and get in after dark, it doesn't matter if you have savannah view or not.

Good luck putting together your trip!

5 Mickey bars ~ $25.00 Picture of kids with an X-Wing ~ $35 losing count of Disney trips ~ Priceless!
travelitis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: