Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
Bflo Dave
Mouseketeer

Free Dining PIN? *NOVEMBER 2013*

we are going to wdw in nov. and from what i have been seeing is that others are receiving pin codes for FD. If i don't end up getting a code do you think they will offer something similar to the public? i am asking this on how it has been done in the past. Any Feedback ??
Bflo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

Maybe, maybe not. The PIN codes are going out and everyone is hoping they go out to Disney Visa card holders and then the general public but at this point we can only guess.
We have been going to Disney for decades and never gotten a PIN code.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

It's still up in the air at this point. While in the past, some PINs (especially Free Dining Plan promotion ones) have gone to VISA then General Public later in the year, that's not always the case (and sometimes the dates are a bit different).

I'd say that it's possible, and maybe even probable, but far from definite.

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
MyMagicKingdom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceemouse View Post
Maybe, maybe not. The PIN codes are going out and everyone is hoping they go out to Disney Visa card holders and then the general public but at this point we can only guess.
We have been going to Disney for decades and never gotten a PIN code.
That's the boat I was in for a long time and was always so jealous of people that got pins but then I got a PIN for free dining a few months ago and when I didn't book that I got another PIN for free dining this fall/winter which helped us decide to go for MVMCP in November instead of going in Jan when we were originally planning.

Get the Disney visa, OP haha...I love it and I had $200 worth of Disney rewards to use on my January vacation and you get 6 months interest free when you book your vacation on that card. Also...we're not too far from each other, maybe we'll be in WDW at the same time too! It'll be nice to get away from the Nov snow, right?!
*June 2009 (Honeymoon!!!) ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)/The Polynesian (Aotearoa)/Disney Wonder*
*August 2010 ~ Pop Century ..... First time celebrating my birthday in WDW and DS' first WDW trip!!!!!!*
*August 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge....My bday (again!) and DS' first trip to WDW!!! *
*January 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach*
*November 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach...surprise trip for the kids!!! First MVMCP!!!! *
MyMagicKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #5
scard192
DIS Veteran

check out the Discounts section under the Resorts page; it a GP offer for FD comes out there are usually postings a few days before it comes out.

Quite a few of us did not get the PIN e-mail but when we called there was one attached to our name or someone in our travel party. I did not get a PIN but called when I saw all the posts; I did not have the PIN but my sister did and we were able to apply the PIN to our reservations.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:26 AM   #6
tbia
Mouseketeer

I got a free dining PIN letter this week.....not a card holder. Came from a Disney email registration based on the name on the letter.
tbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #7
Queen2PrincessG
DIS Veteran

I received one for 9/2 till 9/25 Wish it was for October!

Queen2PrincessG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:42 AM   #8
Love Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen2PrincessG View Post
I received one for 9/2 till 9/25 Wish it was for October!
That is not a PIN, it is a public offer. The PIN covers dates from late August through the end of the year.

OP - I've had PINs that went public, and I've had PINs that did not. I haven't been able to see a pattern regarding which ones end up which way. So it's just a guess at this point. My thought is that it probably has to do with the bookings the PIN generates and whether Disney feels they've sold enough rooms for the time period.
Love Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:12 PM   #9
Queen2PrincessG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Tink View Post
That is not a PIN, it is a public offer. The PIN covers dates from late August through the end of the year.

OP - I've had PINs that went public, and I've had PINs that did not. I haven't been able to see a pattern regarding which ones end up which way. So it's just a guess at this point. My thought is that it probably has to do with the bookings the PIN generates and whether Disney feels they've sold enough rooms for the time period.
Acutally, i received it before it was public. But that was the only one this year

Queen2PrincessG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:35 PM   #10
michigandergirl
Earning My Ears

What do these PIN codes look like? I've been a Disney Visa cardholder for 5 + years and have never received one.
michigandergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:37 PM   #11
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigandergirl View Post
What do these PIN codes look like? I've been a Disney Visa cardholder for 5 + years and have never received one.
PIN codes come from Disney Destinations either via email or snail mail, and our name/home address specific. They include a unique 15 digit string of numbers required for booking. They are not at all associated with Disney Visa.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:50 PM   #12
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigandergirl View Post
Here is the text from the pin email we got. We had already booked FD with a bounceback last year. This email went to my inlaws who went with us the first two years we visited, (and hopefully will again in the future)

We are not Disney Visa cardholders and neither are they.

-Dan

Hello again "xyz" Family,

Since you’ve been here before, we wanted to make it easy for you to come back and see us again. That’s why we’re serving up this scrumptious special offer! We’re even giving you lots of dates to choose from. It's the perfect way to enjoy a trip right before school starts!

when you purchase a non-discounted 5-night/5-day Walt Disney Travel Company room and ticket package at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels!

For arrivals most nights 8/25–10/2/13,
10/18–10/31/13, 11/11–11/23/13,
11/30–12/4/13 and 12/15–12/22/13.

Book by 8/14/13.
The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Tickets are valid for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use.
See Important Details below

or call 407-939-1810 or your Travel Agent.
Be sure to mention your unique
PIN: xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx

Disney Resort hotels can fill up fast...especially with offers like this. So book your stay today!

Last edited by DisneyFive; 05-31-2013 at 01:01 PM.
DisneyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:55 PM   #13
momofkids
Mouseketeer

I called to see if we had a PIN attached to our name, and the cast member scolded me. He did check, but he said that we would see it in our email in our regular mail.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #14
Narnia_girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
check out the Discounts section under the Resorts page; it a GP offer for FD comes out there are usually postings a few days before it comes out.

Quite a few of us did not get the PIN e-mail but when we called there was one attached to our name or someone in our travel party. I did not get a PIN but called when I saw all the posts; I did not have the PIN but my sister did and we were able to apply the PIN to our reservations.
So do you have to have a reservation to have one attached to your name? I've not booked yet, only researched room/ticket options while logged in at the website.

Narnia_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:02 PM   #15
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia_girl View Post
So do you have to have a reservation to have one attached to your name? I've not booked yet, only researched room/ticket options while logged in at the website.
Nope. All that is required to be eligible for a PIN is to have an online account. People who have never been still get PINs.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: